Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen: Around the Verse - Banutiful and Habulous - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageStar Citizen: Around the Verse - Banutiful and Habulous - MMORPG.com

The newest Star Citizen: Around the Verse has arrived, this time hosted by Character Art Director Josh Herman and VP of Marketing Sandi Gardiner. Called Banutiful and Habulous, the weekly developer vlog details a look at new moons, props and ships. "Lighting habs, a first look at ArcCorp's moons, lockers, ships, and Con42 in this week's update".

Read the full story here

Comments

• JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 586
    With 3.3 ad 3.4 bringing new moons, biom and locations by the end of the year, this ATV is more than promising. Hurston is already gorgeous in pre-patch picture from in game engine and those ice moons are great as well. 2019 is going to be a great year!

That said... the remaining nay-sayers around will shoot their usual scam and "my children will fly to Mars before SC release" :)
    ShadowStyleBgastovski1Erillion
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Ohh sweet!! Can't WAIT for 5+ pages of Scam versus Best Thing Known to Mankind! It will be exciting to see which facts will be pulled from what orrifice in this neverending struggle!

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir 
    Slapshot1188ShadowStyleBgastovski1
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited September 2018
    Movement animation is as simple as knowing the unit distances ....simple.
    Example object is 128 units high,so during that animation the hand could come down to 128 units and rest of the body would need to be higher,it looks like they are making it more difficult than need be.
    That drop off box is easily one day for one guy to make.This is again SIMPLE,2 seconds to close hatch,so at 2.2 seconds item disappears so then if reopening hatch the item is not there.A lock system,again VERY simple not like this is something we need to hear about.

The two moons,what i saw was a simple few texture tiles used for each,likely auto generates and done,nothing special,nothing tough to build.Simple create different altitudes,one moon likely has more space divided for water or crevices while the other has more protruding objects.Terrain can easily be manipulated and not really something we need to see,the finished product of a map is something we need to see.
    Example,show us the assets in place,perhaps the gravity of that planet,are there any npc's on that planet,how about weather types on that planet,creatures,species etc etc.
    They are showing us VERY little effort from such a large team.
    kenguru23

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Wizardry said:

Star Citizen in a nutshell.

kenguru23ShadowStyleB

..Cake..

• renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    It's a scam!!! Bye.
    ShadowStyleBgastovski1

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited September 2018
    Wizardry said:
    Movement animation is as simple as knowing the unit distances ....simple.
    Example object is 128 units high,so during that animation the hand could come down to 128 units and rest of the body would need to be higher,it looks like they are making it more difficult than need be.
    That drop off box is easily one day for one guy to make.This is again SIMPLE,2 seconds to close hatch,so at 2.2 seconds item disappears so then if reopening hatch the item is not there.A lock system,again VERY simple not like this is something we need to hear about.

The two moons,what i saw was a simple few texture tiles used for each,likely auto generates and done,nothing special,nothing tough to build.Simple create different altitudes,one moon likely has more space divided for water or crevices while the other has more protruding objects.Terrain can easily be manipulated and not really something we need to see,the finished product of a map is something we need to see.
    Example,show us the assets in place,perhaps the gravity of that planet,are there any npc's on that planet,how about weather types on that planet,creatures,species etc etc.
    As you say making a game these days .... much easier than it used to be.

Marketing a game these days - with the proliferation of (media) channels and the demise of "doorkeepers" that used to say this is good play it, ignore this one - is much more difficult. Why the marketing budget for big games can be larger than the cost of making it.

And as for getting people to pay money - in the age of f2p that is very hard indeed.

Maybe the trick is to "show very little effort" but do it very, very, frequently?

I certainly think it is very hard to disagree that SC is managing to market what it is making. Whilst many, many games - some that looked very promising - have fallen by the wayside.
  • JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 586

rensta said:

It's a scam!!! Bye.

Worst scam ever. 5 Studios + 500 employees... try harder. Bye :)
    Erillion

JoeBlober said:

rensta said:

It's a scam!!! Bye.

Worst scam ever. 5 Studios + 500 employees... try harder. Bye :)

The better the scam the more people are fooled... That's just the nature of it... Numbers sadly don't prove anything, else we all should follow christianity and islam blindly... And those employees are just working on material that would help them milk more money from the poor souls that get scammed... Anyway .. Soon 2019.. Enjoy waiting.

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited September 2018
    Wizardry said:
    The two moons,what i saw was a simple few texture tiles used for each,likely auto generates and done,nothing special,nothing tough to build.
    I know right! When "God" created Mars he put it on an auto-generation engine, so it looks just like SC :D 

rensta said:
    The better the scam the more people are fooled... That's just the nature of it... Numbers sadly don't prove anything, else we all should follow christianity and islam blindly... And those employees are just working on material that would help them milk more money from the poor souls that get scammed... Anyway .. Soon 2019.. Enjoy waiting.
    lol I really enjoy the mental gymnastics of you "it's a scam!" people, it's bloody hilarious! :D

So all those employees are working on a game so the company can scam people by getting more people to buy the game!

This is genius, Alex Jones'ing it I tell ya!
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Game is taking to long and costing too much.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA

MaxBacon said:

Wizardry said:

The two moons,what i saw was a simple few texture tiles used for each,likely auto generates and done,nothing special,nothing tough to build.

I know right! When "God" created Mars he put it on an auto-generation engine, so it looks just like SC :D 

rensta said:

lol I really enjoy the mental gymnastics of you "it's a scam!" people, it's bloody hilarious! :D

So all those employees are working on a game so the company can scam people by getting more people to buy the game!

This is genius, Alex Jones'ing it I tell ya!

They are working on the game, and are thinking it might actually release one day... They are fooled, just like you.... I bet your frog is gay from drinking contaminated water.

Add Multi-Quote

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    rensta said:
    They are working on the game, and are thinking it might actually release one day... They are fooled, just like you.... I bet your frog is gay from drinking contaminated water.
    Nah the developers are all paid actors, the updates are a product of our imagination for drinking all that the contaminated gay water.

MaxBacon said:

rensta said:

Nah the developers are all paid actors, the updates are a product of our imagination for drinking all that the contaminated gay water.

I don't know, for them all to be actors... That's too insane, but thats your suggestion. Good for you for switching sides. Better be a loony that thinks they are all paid actors then a guy that gets scammed for his money,just remember to have fun, it's just a game :)

Add Multi-Quote

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    edited September 2018
    JoeBlober said:
    With 3.3 ad 3.4 bringing new moons, biom and locations by the end of the year, this ATV is more than promising. Hurston is already gorgeous in pre-patch picture from in game engine and those ice moons are great as well. 2019 is going to be a great year!

That said... the remaining nay-sayers around will shoot their usual scam and "my children will fly to Mars before SC release" :)
    lol ;)

Aren't you the one that just said that 2019 will be great for updates :)  I am assuming you don't mean post-release updates.

Seriously though, this game has branched off into so many things that I am just waiting until they iron it all out and I have a playable game before getting too involved.  You never know what will get cut / refined / changed / added /dropped.  The scope is huge so I will wait until the dust settles a little more before trying to figure anything out.  I hope it is all Chris wants it to be.

I know this can only be taken as sarcastic on this forum but is there a timeline for release?  Any idea when  I can play Squadron 42.  I am hoping that i can start with that and then figure out the PU after.   Feature Creep has killed a few games for me so I am hoping the single player experience will be manageable.    

Mostly I hope that all of these off-shoot ideas are optional.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!