Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

With Pearl Abyss owners of EVE...what I expect to come out

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
Walking in Stations will finally be a thing

Better cosmetics

They'll make EVE actually fun instead of a spread sheet simulator (2nd biggest)

But the biggest one is they are gonna improve the community a lot. In BDO, you get banned for scamming. So that won't be a thing in EVE. And maybe somethingawful will be forced to quit or even banned entirely. And the rest of the terrible people that make EVE community so bad

Best news I've heard in a long time for an MMO.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

MikehammolouPhryGdemami

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Cant wait to see Eve Remastered. :)

TheScavengerPhry
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Same. Despite BDO hate still popular mmo. I logged on and lots of people enjoying it

Gonna wait to get into EVE to see how it turns out. But its great news. Game should turn far more fun and less spread sheet simulator. Plus far better community

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited September 2018
    No way.

In technology terms that can't happen, EvE is just too old, just follow the progression of game engines like WoW and you'll notice the limitations and how far major modifications it tend to go.

Aside from that, one does not simply suddenly change EvE from the "spreadsheet simulator" to something else, they already have a longterm player base that enjoys the game as a simulator, and no developer would be stupid to having EvE stop being a simulator, that ever happening to me is the guaranteed crash of the PvP niche that sustained EvE for over a decade.

To me this will not change EvE, EvE is EvE, what you consider boring and unfun is what others (aka its current player base) consider fun. And them being a successful MMO for so long shows it.

If I was to bet on it, they are to develop a new game using the EvE IP, or absorb their studio into a project(s) of their own.
    RobsolfmmolouGdemami
  • RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607
    MaxBacon said:
    No way.

To me this will not change EvE, EvE is EvE, what you consider boring and unfun is what others (aka its current player base) consider fun. And them being a successful MMO for so long shows it.

Agree.  They'd be crazy to change anything fundamental about the game.  If ya don't like it now, don't plan on liking it in the future.
    While, even if the gameplay doesn't change (I doubt it. Remember people said that about Blizzard when they got aquired by activision? Very different games now than they used to make...might just be 2+ years to notice changes)...but lets assume gameplay doesn't change...

What will change is the community. Pearl Abyss is friendly strict on scammers in BDO, no reason won't be the same for EVE. On top of that, they do readily ban the really bad players in BDO. People have been banned for far less than what EVE players say and do. That right there will make EVE a lot better.
    mmolouGdemami

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    MaxBacon said:

If I was to bet on it, they are to develop a new game using the EvE IP, or absorb their studio into a project(s) of their own.
    That's probably what they'll do, yep.

If they actually made a space/sci-fi MMO with BDO graphics and all the things that made BDO the success it is today, I'd be tempted... on the other hand... payment model wise, that game would be such a disaster as Pearl Abyss is hands down one of the greediest MMO companies out there... =/

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

MaxBacon said:

If they actually made a space/sci-fi MMO with BDO graphics and all the things that made BDO the success it is today, I'd be tempted... on the other hand... payment model wise, that game would be such a disaster as Pearl Abyss is hands down one of the greediest MMO companies out there... =/
    -SWTOR (even limiting hot bars without paying, is that still a thing?)
    -Star Citizen is so much worse its not even in the same category of bad and its not released yet
    -Any game by perfect world
    -Maplestory (costumes are on a timer when you buy them and they are as expensive as BDO ones)
    -Not a cash shop, but its also better than the endless games shut down by NCsoft and they even shut down games making money (City of Heroes anyone?)
    -any EA game

I can list so many MMOs and companies that are way worse.

BDO cash shop model isn't bad, its just overly expensive (like 50 dollar tent is stupid). And the new thing you can do with outfits is kinda dumb to get a much easier time of pen. But still not as expensive as maplestory with their timed outfits that cost the same and which is a literal scam.

As for PEN...actually I almost got a full set of PEN (halfway there) cause I saved up so long for gold and now can buy PEN instead of RNG it with stupid blackstones. I hated that system, I never once bothered with enchanting in BDO. So...thats actually better cause you can buy them on marketplace now lol.

Gdemami

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    edited September 2018
    MaxBacon said:

-SWTOR (even limiting hot bars without paying, is that still a thing?)
    -Star Citizen is so much worse its not even in the same category of bad and its not released yet
    -Any game by perfect world
    -Maplestory (costumes are on a timer when you buy them and they are as expensive as BDO ones)
    -Not a cash shop, but its also better than the endless games shut down by NCsoft and they even shut down games making money (City of Heroes anyone?)
    -any EA game

I can list so many MMOs and companies that are way worse.

BDO cash shop model isn't bad, its just overly expensive (like 50 dollar tent is stupid). And the new thing you can do with outfits is kinda dumb to get a much easier time of pen. But still not as expensive as maplestory with their timed outfits that cost the same and which is a literal scam.

As for PEN...actually I almost got a full set of PEN (halfway there) cause I saved up so long for gold and now can buy PEN instead of RNG it with stupid blackstones. I hated that system, I never once bothered with enchanting in BDO. So...thats actually better cause you can buy them on marketplace now lol.

Eh, SWTOR wasn't that bad. Sure, it sucked for those wanting to be a pure freeloader, but a simple sub got you everything you needed. Even some monthly cash shop currency. On BDO, you technically need a sub (Value Pack) if you want to play it properly too, and then you pay through the nose for everything else.

PWE... yeeeaaaaah... I've only played a few of their games though, and they weren't so much P2W as they were Pay-to-skip-the-OMG-awful-endless-grind. Which is still scummy as hell, and the reason so many Asian companies get such a bad name in the West.

Maplestory I'm now officially glad that I never tried it. PA isn't the worst, but it definitely isn't one of the good ones either. And the artisan's memory trap is beyond insidious. I never gave into it myself, but dear god, have I seen others waste thousands of dollars on that shit. Of course I also get the penalties for not giving into it, especially with MP RNG hating on me when I try to buy anything.

FFXIV, ESO, WoW and GW2 are the best ones when it comes to their payment models IMO. I just hate that GW2 is tied to PoS NCSoft.

So yeah, all in all I'm on the fence. No doubt I'll like the way it looks if they do make something new. The gameplay will likely be fun up to a point, but my competitive side will scream at the (somewhat) hidden P2W mechanics they'll no doubt slip into it. Something to play casually, I guess.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited December 2018
    Well ... one thing the new owner has done ...

RIP Nova

The next EVE FPS is gone.

Have fun

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Pearl Abyss won't change Eve, they just won't invest in new games from CCP, what Pearl Abyss is likely to do however is to 'import' a lot of the tech that CCP uses to monitor players etc. to deal with hackers and others of that ilk, including RMT'ers. On the positive side it could mean that if those measures work, we could see player to player trading activated in BDO.  ;)
    Gdemami