Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dr. McCoy's verdict?

RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,602

Comments

• RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,602
  • blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,878
    wow 5 players. Yikes
    craftseekerKyleran

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 842
    FFA PvP, never saw that coming....
    craftseekerskadad
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 3,897
    edited September 2018
    Was thinking of picking it up as theres a 2 day 50% off steam sale atm but the reviews are pretty bad. The one that only gives 1 ticket to island is $15 was what I was considering til I read one comment about how he accidentally deleted his char and the devs wouldn't help so if he wanted to continue playing he would have to buy again. That on top of all the other stuff I read, like chinese hackers poor support etc made me rethink.

And thats just whats on the store page, they just did an update and the comments on that are mostly people saying to steer clear.
    TEKK3N said:
    Funny thing is, despite people STILL cheating in the game by duping, the game still ended up being fairly fun and interesting. Definitely leaned more towards realism with a lot of it's features, but deep down inside, I think people left the game because of the bugs and server instability.
    blueturtle13

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 964
    Asheram said:
    Was thinking of picking it up as theres a 2 day 50% off steam sale atm but the reviews are pretty bad. The one that only gives 1 ticket to island is $15 was what I was considering til I read one comment about how he accidentally deleted his char and the devs wouldn't help so if he wanted to continue playing he would have to buy again. That on top of all the other stuff I read, like chinese hackers poor support etc made me rethink.

And thats just whats on the store page, they just did an update and the comments on that are mostly people saying to steer clear.
    I looked at this today too.  What stopped me though is that I don't know what the game is.  Games having a million tags may interest some, but for me if a game seems to be marketing to everyone, and I don't get a solid idea of what it is about from their Steam page, I am going to assume it offers a little of everything and none of it good.  
  • kitaradkitarad Member EpicPosts: 5,264
    No big loss. 

kitarad said:
    No big loss. 
    Yes, LiF MMO was far from perfect, but the game features were amazing none the less. Terraforming land on a map that big is probably something very few MMOs would ever be able to compete with.

I think Wurm Online is the only other game that comes close.

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 842
    Rhoklaw said:
    TEKK3N said:
    Funny thing is, despite people STILL cheating in the game by duping, the game still ended up being fairly fun and interesting. Definitely leaned more towards realism with a lot of it's features, but deep down inside, I think people left the game because of the bugs and server instability.
    I don't doubt that the game might have been sort of fun.
    Unfortunately with FFA PVP you actually need lots of people with giant balls who don't uninstall the game after they loose all their shit.

I had ton of fun in Darkfall, which is a similar game, but despite people boasting about being 'hardcore', those same 'hardcore' PvPers rage quitted when they lost their stuff.
    And I am not even talking about the ' hardcore' guilds that disbanded after losing the Castle the first time.
    This games have a really bad retention rate for this very reason.
    And in this type of games you need ton of people or they will die fast.

Of course on top of this issue, those games suffer particularly from duping and cheating.
    While you can ignore that on a PvE game, you can't do the same in a PvP game, because a cheater affects you directly.
    It's bad enough in soft PvP games, when you just respawn and have to run back to your corpse, but losing all your stuff because someone cheated, is something no player can digest.
    RhoklawKyleran
  • rodarinrodarin Member RarePosts: 2,469
    That game had THE most potential of any game out there but dumb developers who wouldnt listen to reason completely destroyed any chance it had.

The environmental manipulation and physics are second to none too bad the other mechanics they let continue were so game breaking, and thats not even the bugs and the dupes.

The original smaller maps were great but they too got boring (akin to ARK) as basically you have to restart a map every month or three to keep them competitive. Similar to their MMO. Even though the map was a hundred time bigger it still had the same issues. With a map that size and with what their goal was you would need a population in the mid thousands playing. With 2-4K on simultaneously and never dipping below 1500. I am not sure they even peaked above that number.

Another thing that killed it was the RPers never embraced it. They did originally with Your Own but the depth just wasnt there and they never addressed that either. So when the MMO came out the RPers stayed away. Get a dozen decent sized streamers (regardless of what you think of them) and it could have made a big difference, assuming they didnt do a 'season' and leave.

Best thing that could happen is these guys sell their engine so others can add to it and use what it has because its hands down the best engine for an MMO/multiplayer game there is going right now.
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 2,912

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

edited September 2018
    Nilden said:
    Well, I don't have access to Europe's server status, but I just took another glimpse at North America and there was 16 people, not thousands or even hundreds playing. So it seems NA server is dead, but perhaps Europe's server still has a heartbeat.

Either that, or we just proved STEAM charts are fake, lol.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,303
    I really enjoyed it when I played.  Server instability was definitely an issue.  A shame, I was rather hoping it got better and better and I would be able to jump back in.  Ah well.

Concentrate on enjoying yourself, and not on why I shouldn't enjoy myself.

I dunno.

mgilbrtsn

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,303
    Nilden said:
    I dunno.

A much nicer picture and it has a date associated with it.  I definitely take this as more accurate and much happier about it.  It gives me hope for the game and my ability to get back in when I choose to do so.

Concentrate on enjoying yourself, and not on why I shouldn't enjoy myself.

Again, as I stated, I do NOT have access to their server status page for the European server, but I'll see if I can find it. However, I will provide a link to their North American server which is in fact, stuffed into a potato sack, filled with rocks, which was tossed into the river of oblivion.

LiF MMO NA Server Status

My apologies, I guess when you google for information, it's not entirely reliable.

Here are more accurate links to NA Server Status...

https://region-na.lif.online/account/dashboard.php

Here is the EU Server Status...

https://region-eu.lif.online/account/dashboard.php

With a combined total population of around 500-600 players worldwide at the moment. Apparently they added some new ( non-PvP ) servers since I last played?

Well on the bright side at least you didn't whip this guy out...

Image result for STAR TREK VOYAGER DOCTOR youre fine

True, but for less than 100 people on a server, I'd be willing to state that there's a medical emergency.