Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The fastest you uninstalled a MMORPG.

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Kyleran said:
    TEKK3N said:
    Darkfall and Mortal Online easily.

Darkfall (#2 shortest game despite me listing it first it was first to come in mind)) played 5-10 minutes. Combat was neat, but game felt kinda lackluster on content and pvp does not make free content. Felt very...boring. I had a ton more fun on PvP ultima online shards, which also have a ton more content funny enough.

Shame, Darkfall was a complex game. Best Guild vs Guild game.
    But I understand why it didn't impress you.
    It was not fun if you were not in a Guild.
    It was 100% about territory and resources control, not for solo players.
    I'm sorry but that title belongs to Guild Wars 1.
    Sure, if you like your combat to be like LOL but not really a MMO.

the day League of Legends play like GW1 pigs will fly, and i'd play Leagues of Legends.
    You are correct, it is more like WOWs arenas or any other small match, "fair" PVP game.

What GW1 isn't like is an open world MMORPG such as Darkfall which is more like full on warfare where the words "it isn't fair" are rarely uttered.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Harafnir said:
    Dark and Light beta. Because reasons. Do not remember the exact minute count, but it was without a doubt the crappiest crap I have seen. Pity, the prerelease screens and info was wonderful, just not close to the actual reality. Number two was.... hm?! I think Shadowbane. Around an hour.
    You obviously never tried Rubies of Eventide! 

Unplayable when they first tried to launch it - it was canned. Found out it was "finished" eventually.
  • ServingSizeServingSize Member CommonPosts: 14
    I don't remember the name but, after creating my char (which was approx 1hr - 1 hr and 45 mins), and discovered that there's an auto-path/auto-quest , i pressed Ctrl + Alt + Delete (since i don't know what's the shortcut key for quit in the game) and end process the game then uninstall so approx. it took (My Char creation time) + 3-5 minutes 
  • kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    Just as much as I weren't in the mood at the time (and I am generally sick of story driven linear handholding), and partly because the games just didn't click with me or annoyed me too much.
    Mayb Eso, which both times I gave it a try bored me out after 2x10 ish hours. After scaling was introduced with Tamriel unlimited, I was convinced never to return.
    BDO (Barbie Doll online) I wanted to like so much that I also returned for a second try, took me 20 hours the first time and 10 on my second attempt. Supposedly a sandbox, but not really, and then there are things that creep me out like the black spirit, the combat, and generic eastern shallowness.
    ArcheAge I wanted to run away from within the first few hours, never have I felt so herded in a mmo..only because I promised to play it with a friend did I stay till lvl 20.
    Rift prime server tempted me, a chance to start over in a game I never got around to play... After watching a few hours of youtube videos while it downloaded however, I decided it looked like a poor WoW clone, and if I wanted to play WoW I would do that (never again shall you tempt and fool me WoW). So Rift might take the price with 0 hours played before I uninstalled.
  • TroubleHunterTroubleHunter Member UncommonPosts: 70
    edited September 2018
    The Secret World
    Quests are too complicated

KyleranElendengelCryomatrix
    The Secret World

Hmm.  I've never heard that complaint about the game before.
    Amathe

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TroubleHunterTroubleHunter Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Kyleran said:
    The Secret World

You have to solve misteries, find clues, search the map, memorize stuff, etc. Puzzle based questing system
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    edited September 2018
    Kyleran said:
    The Secret World

Especially since you can find any of them on google anyway.
    Amathe
    Kyleran said:
    The Secret World

Especially since you can find any of them on google anyway.
    That was for investigation quests right?  There weren't all that many, at least when I played at launch.

I'd give them a try,  but if I got stuck, Google to the rescue. 

I'm not a big puzzle fan....

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    WildStar was crap. I spent more time downloading and installing it, than playing it before I realized it was a steaming pile.
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    I don't remember the name but, after creating my char (which was approx 1hr - 1 hr and 45 mins), and discovered that there's an auto-path/auto-quest , i pressed Ctrl + Alt + Delete (since i don't know what's the shortcut key for quit in the game) and end process the game then uninstall so approx. it took (My Char creation time) + 3-5 minutes 
    BDO

Though there is something called 'Options Menu', very handy, you could get rid of 80% of the GUI and the Autopath.

One of the best MMORPGs of the last 10 years IMO.
    You should give it another go and spend less in character creation and more in setting up the options.

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Kyleran said:
    The Secret World

You have to solve misteries, find clues, search the map, memorize stuff, etc. Puzzle based questing system
    I smell a good dose of sarcasm here.
    Am I right?
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    Ragnarok Online 2 - 1 minute. Saw the character and the world- and was like, NOPE this is not RO.

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• KingNaidKingNaid Member UncommonPosts: 1,875
    I don't know but it's between several Korean mmos
    Mensur
  • TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235
    edited September 2018
    Ragnarok Online 2 - i was inside the game for 10 minutes, i did 1 quest and nope, that's it, i gave up.

Mortal Online ( MO ) - less than 10 minutes

Earthrise - 20 minutes ( Despite being so hyped about it back in the days )

these are the MMO that i strongly remember to uninstall within 20 minutes or less of playing

i even lasted 1 month with Aeria MMO.. ( and you know how bad Aeria MMO is )

Mensur

So What Now?

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,106
    Mortal Online. When it was still pretty new. I tried to create an account, it wouldn't let me. I said screw it and uninstalled. Tried again a year later, same results. Its been several years or more since I last tried.
  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,106
    deniter said:
    LotRO and ESO, both about 15 mins.

When i realised there was a loading screen when entering a house i was done with LotRO. ESO had console ported UI and controls and i didn't even finish the tutorial before the game was g2g.
    Yeah... not a console port. Perhaps some design decisions made to port over to console easily, but still not a console port. Console port implies that it was ported over from a console, it wasn't. Everything was PC based. Most of the development cycle was PC only until Sony stepped in.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/09/07/sony-pushed-for-the-elder-scrolls-online-to-come-to-consoles
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Dragon's prophet, after I had fought two monsters I understood the game was junk but I still wasted another 30 minutes to finish the tutorial. It was so bad that it made me want to request a refund even though I got into the beta for free.
    KyleranCryomatrixMensur
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Darkfall

As soon as I logged into the game I tried to set the video settings and what ever I did made the game freeze. I just forced closed it and uninstalled the game.

Mortal Online

I did not last long either because when I logged on it was so dark I could not even see anything to I closed it out and uninstalled.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Defiance.. It was really really really fast...
  • ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    Blade and Soul 1 hour.
    Black Desert Online about 30-45 minutes.
    Tera 3-4 hours.
    Archeage 20 minutes.
    Rift 3-4 hours.
    Perpetuum 6 hours.
    Aion 3 hours.

Thinking back on it I think Archeage was proabably my shortest stint of testing a game out.

• Cuppett5Cuppett5 Member UncommonPosts: 156
    Dark and Light.
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Not counting the MMO's that I could not get to run.

I normally do not just jump into games, I like to look up what I am playing, and see what it is like.

Riders of Icarus. - I finished the tutorial and Uninstalled.
    Mortal Online - I played for maybe an hour and Uninstalled.
    ArcheAge - I didn't quite make it past the Tutorial before I Uninstalled. 
    Paragon - Tried it when it was meant for shut down, saw why and Uninstalled. 

There is a few others.. but those are the ones I remember off the top of my head.

Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419
    edited September 2018
    Two games stick out in my mind,

STO, about 10 minutes. 
    Aion, about 20 minutes.

I also found SotA unbearable.  Fortunately, I was only playing it during a free weekend, nonetheless, 30 minutes tops.