Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes Of Creation - PAX West Alpha One Gameplay - MMORPG.com

Comments

• PoliticaldadPoliticaldad Member UncommonPosts: 112
    edited September 2018
    I am a backer and I am fine with them showing action combat, does it mean it's 'going' to be this way at release... No... :) .... it's still Alpha..... lots of time for change
    Though I am now excited by the 'bush' spell/camouflage @ 1:02 ... muahahahaha sneak attack
  • WizbuizWizbuiz Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Ok, I am sold.
  • xcessive303xcessive303 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Flashy combat with no substance? If I want flashy combat I'll go play black desert remastered. Nothing about this is jumping out at me to say new or unique.
  • neyla12neyla12 Member CommonPosts: 35
    edited September 2018
    Flashy combat with no substance?  
    subwaysurfers psiphon hillclimbracing
    Post edited by neyla12 on
    xcessive303
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 18,601
    edited September 2018
    What does no substance combat mean?
    blueturtle13MrMelGibsonMikeha
    traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• ScotScot Member EpicPosts: 10,354
    Torval said:
    There are few buttons to press, and the UI gives you no more information than you can get on the screen of your Swtich. :)

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 2,973
    Scot said:
    Torval said:
    There are few buttons to press, and the UI gives you no more information than you can get on the screen of your Swtich. :)
    Why always the Switch hate? It's blatantly obvious you don't own one. I'm betting you never even got your hands on one considering you past comments.
    blueturtle13NycteliosTorval
    Scot said:
    Torval said:
    Why always the Switch hate? It's blatantly obvious you don't own one. I'm betting you never even got your hands on one considering you past comments.
    I think Torval has one so I like to wind him up about it. :)
    ConstantineMerusOctagon7711NycteliosTorvalMrMelGibson

25 Agrees

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,658
    The substance lies in the overall content, not just the combat. The combat presented (so far) is definitely engaging, I'll wait to see how they combine the tab-target approach to the final result.
    Torval

• mysticmousemysticmouse Member UncommonPosts: 141
    after seeing this video I will pass
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 2,529
    Scot said:
    Scot said:
    Torval said:
    How very English of you mate ;)
    ScotNycteliosTorvalLeiloniMrMelGibson
    • "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    • Song of the Week: One Second from One Second (1997) by Paradise Lost
    • Gaming Timeline: Arcade, Commodore 64, Amiga 500, SEGA, IBM, PS, PC, PS2, More PCs, PS3, Giant PC, PS4, No More PCs, PS4 Pro. 
    • Adopted @Kyleran as my virtual father - I put him in my signature since he worries about me all the time and this way he can keep track of me when I talk to strangers here!
    • Favorite Drink: Bruichladdich Black Art 5th 1992
    • Currently Playing: Spider-Man: Turf Wars / The Division farewell tour / Grim Fandango Remastered / Aven Colony
  • AdnihilAdnihil Member CommonPosts: 2

danwest58 said:

As a backer of this game I am considering asking for a refund.   This game a year ago stated it was a Tab Target game.   Now they are playing off the well is Action Combat because a handful of cry babies on the forums cant stand slow combat yet dont like GW, or ESO or Tera.   I am also not the only person thinking about a refund now, a bunch of friends who threw money at the kickstarter are also thinking about asking for refunds because they too wanted a tab target non P2W Sandbox MMORPG.   Again Developers not listening to core fans a listening to a few dumb asses on the forums 

You can choose between tab targeting and action combat. How is it possible that you and your friends all backed this game but none of you know this? And how the hell can you yell P2W before the game is even out?
    Scotkenguru23
  • AdnihilAdnihil Member CommonPosts: 2
    edited September 2018
    Well I'm glad they added action combat but it's a shame that it's the type where you just swing your weapon around while running around and spamming skills/spells. As someone else here stated, no weight, no risk/reward, just mash away. The way ranged classes aim is cool though.
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member UncommonPosts: 178
    I saw monster as playable? maybe it's just the video point of view. It would also be interesting to see assassin morphed to a tree and stab people in the back.
  • GnogGnog Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Forgive my ignorance, but if they don’t know yet how “combat” will work, what are they spending all their time doing? Shouldn’t we be seeing the other MMO aspects of the game that were touted in the promo videos the last couple of years? I’m not even trying to troll here. I just have no idea what kind of game AoC is going to be or how far along the development really is based on recent videos.
    sausagemix
    Adnihil said:

danwest58 said:

As a backer of this game I am considering asking for a refund.   This game a year ago stated it was a Tab Target game.   Now they are playing off the well is Action Combat because a handful of cry babies on the forums cant stand slow combat yet dont like GW, or ESO or Tera.   I am also not the only person thinking about a refund now, a bunch of friends who threw money at the kickstarter are also thinking about asking for refunds because they too wanted a tab target non P2W Sandbox MMORPG.   Again Developers not listening to core fans a listening to a few dumb asses on the forums 

You can choose between tab targeting and action combat. How is it possible that you and your friends all backed this game but none of you know this? And how the hell can you yell P2W before the game is even out?
    Welcome to the boards! Some people back games and don't play them or follow them, not saying that's happened here but that does happen.

Can you clarify this, is action combat point and attack while tab targeting is tab and attack? is that the only difference between action and tab combat?

25 Agrees

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member EpicPosts: 8,400
    I like the look of the combat. That UI has me scratching my head. I see the player having like three skills shown as he's using a lot more than three. Where are the other skills and cool down timers?

Sounds good so far overall. Hundreds to get into alpha 2?

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 384
    I know it's Alpha One, but the ESO style combat just isn't for me. Hard pass. Please don't fail me Pantheon.
    Leiloni
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 32,027
    edited September 2018
    Scot said:
    Torval said:
    Always slag on anything made by Nintendo, same with Apple products, it's just what you do.

They are the 'evil empires' of their respective markets, sort of like EA is to gaming.

;)
    ScotMrMelGibson

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RelampagoRelampago Member UncommonPosts: 305
    I am more impressed after watching this. I ks many games but passed on this one because I did not think they would make it like CoE. They appear to be proving me wrong.
    KyleranConstantineMerusNyctelios
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 32,027
    Relampago said:
    I am more impressed after watching this. I ks many games but passed on this one because I did not think they would make it like CoE. They appear to be proving me wrong.
    They have shown more progress in a shorter time frame than almost any other crowd funded MMO out there which totally surprised me for sure.

They still claim to be on schedule for an end of 2019 launch which if Steven pulls off will put him and his team firmly in the annals of gaming history.

Assuming it doesn't suck of course.

;)
    ConstantineMerusblueturtle13NycteliosMrMelGibson

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• NexeusSNexeusS Member UncommonPosts: 26
    edited September 2018
    ... and all these years of traveling on the super hype train just to say " SUPER hard pass for me" in 10 sec... And then you forgot about this game as if even existed. Man, that sucks big time.
  • blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,324
    Scot said:
    Scot said:
    Torval said:
    Nah Torv has a WiiU he hasn’t picked up the Switch yet regardless of my urging him to do so :) 
    TorvalKyleranMrMelGibson

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,486
    Optioning tab-target in a free targeting game is a contradiction. How does that even work?

I'm perfectly lining up my opponent and timing my attacks while  their attacks magic-bullet curve to hit me every time?

There has to be more to it.
    MadFrenchieTorvalKyleranLeiloniMrMelGibson
    Raging Demons for all flowchart "Kens". This is a metaphor.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 8,805
    edited September 2018
    They are already working on Battle Royal mode and have not even made the mmo yet. 

That is why they went with this style of combat. /SMH