Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert Online Playerbase Surges After Remastered Launch - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• IzorkIzork Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Played for a year or so on / off for 6 months at a time, every time I quit because I realize you have to keep paying real money to keep up. Going for Pen, hell even going for a horse requires real money. I was farming for T9 last time, and after 25 attempts I just gave up simply because when i finally got the mount, I would have to pour real dollar into it, making sure it becomes a good horse. Fuck this game, and its shop. I went back to WoW subbing and not having to pay another dime, so much more pleasent only wondering about playing and not spending money in the cashshop all the time.
    [Deleted User]
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Izork said:
    Played for a year or so on / off for 6 months at a time, every time I quit because I realize you have to keep paying real money to keep up. Going for Pen, hell even going for a horse requires real money. I was farming for T9 last time, and after 25 attempts I just gave up simply because when i finally got the mount, I would have to pour real dollar into it, making sure it becomes a good horse. Fuck this game, and its shop. I went back to WoW subbing and not having to pay another dime, so much more pleasent only wondering about playing and not spending money in the cashshop all the time.
    which IMO is true if you can't afford $100 a month don't bother playing.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Steam charts show despite the supposed "pay to win" fiasco...still pretty much has same amount of steam players as it always has had. In fact, its about a 1k increase from when I last checked. And there are a lot of players that don't use Steam.

I don't play though. But I enjoyed my time with it. I found Tibia, despite being older, to be a far better grinding game.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    edited August 2018

people say pay to win. But what do you win? have you finished the game. have you beaten the top level player ect. mmos are never ending you can't win.

Maybe you havent payed enough to beat the top player, but you could. Until he pays more and passes you again. Most people don't pay enough to get to the extreme top, but you can still pay to get ahead of some or many/most that don't pay. That is still pay to win. You're just making ridiculous semantics arguments that don't even apply to the real issue with p2w.
    edited August 2018

Mikeha said:

Now I see why they call Black Desert " THE MMORPG "

This game is just on another level from everything else.

Another level of shallow p2w, yes. And I for one have never heard it called "THE" MMORPG, or "THE" anything other than "THE" shiny turd.
    Asch126
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Dvora said:

Mikeha said:

Another level of shallow p2w, yes. And I for one have never heard it called "THE" MMORPG, or "THE" anything other than "THE" shiny turd.

Behold,

Image result for Black Desert Online

• truewarlordtruewarlord Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Nice, now you will kill 6k mobs per day every day forever with shine new effects. Also, don't forget to go hunt for some PvP and get your nice rewards, karma points.

BDO is the worse MMO 've played in my life, the PvE is literally trash and you gain absolutely nothing on PvP...
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

Nice, now you will kill 6k mobs per day every day forever with shine new effects. Also, don't forget to go hunt for some PvP and get your nice rewards, karma points.

BDO is the worse MMO 've played in my life, the PvE is literally trash and you gain absolutely nothing on PvP...

But it look so damn good while sucking all the while....

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Kyleran said:

Just like a hooker, and the price goes up for everything you do ...

BDO.......................... Big Dollar Oral
    Kyleran
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768

Scorchien said:

Kyleran said:

If you think in term of hookers, if you are going to pay anyway the first thing you might do is find the prettiest for the same price :D
    Kyleran

Scorchien said:

Kyleran said:

If you think in term of hookers, if you are going to pay anyway the first thing you might do is find the prettiest for the same price :D

And just like with hookers, 2 minutes and you are done, never to look back.
    Scorchien
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    Dvora said:

Scorchien said:

Kyleran said:

And just like with hookers, 2 minutes and you are done, never to look back.
    and god forbid, get infected with STD.
    Kyleran
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited September 2018
    DMKano said:

Mikeha said:

In terms of milking their players via the cash shop more than any other game - yep - they are indeed on another level.
    I think they are a lot better than other companies. But definitely not anywhere near the best and definitely getting worse

ArcheAge is still way worse

However

Star Citizen is the worst of any other MMO for pay to win and milking their players and its not even released..not even any contest...don't think any is worse than Star Citizen.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Nyctelios said:
    Anyone has any word about how is the optimization now?
    Anyone has any word if the player surge is still there? :D