Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Remastered > Does not run well even on good Computers

GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 442
So its more or less a waste of time to download and activate it....

Once Remastered is active the framerate drops under 30 FPS even on good computers.....

There would have been more important stuff to work on than this Graphic improvement.

The installation of this Remastered update took longer than the time i was online playing after it was finished

sad sad.....

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 25,381
    Goromhir said:

Once Remastered is active the framerate drops under 30 FPS even on good computers.....

There would have been more important stuff to work on than this Graphic improvement.

The installation of this Remastered update took longer than the time i was online playing after it was finished

sad sad.....
    Perhaps you could share your specs so we can see what you consider a good computer?
    NyctelioscheyaneNephethMrMelGibson

• NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 2,898
    Yeah, the from the remaster bit I just care for optimization. A more detailed explanation, with your specs, and where the fpd drops (like in towns or fighting) would help a lot.
    - Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 8,712
    edited August 30
    No problem running on my PC and all I have is an AMD 8350 and a GTX 1060. Also you have an option to use remastered so you can just uncheck it in the options.
    Post edited by Mikeha on
    Xbox One X
    Samsung MU6300 4K HDR Ultra HD
    Sony HT-CT80 Soundbar

• Mars_OrbitalMars_Orbital Member UncommonPosts: 176
    edited September 12
    I will say , it doesn't run well, but god damn its the best looking mmorpg ever created now. The housing lighting is completely changed and a lot more. Will be posting screenshots later on..

I know it's my computer :P
    Post edited by Mars_Orbital on
    alkarionlogMikehathunderC
    "Killed just about everything that walked or crawled at one time or another,and I'm here to kill you Little Bill, for what you did to Ned" - William Munny / Unforgiven .
    Mikehablueturtle13ConstantineMerusWalkinGlenn
    "Killed just about everything that walked or crawled at one time or another,and I'm here to kill you Little Bill, for what you did to Ned" - William Munny / Unforgiven .
  • cielyciely Member UncommonPosts: 103
    edited September 15
    the whole point of remaster wasn't to optimize the game, korea intentionally make their games have horrible optimization to encourage players with older generation pcs to play in pc cafes, one of the investors for bdo requested this remaster because they own a pc cafe branch  ;)
    Post edited by ciely on
    MikehaGorweConstantineMerus
  • blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,134
    ciely said:
    the whole point of remaster wasn't to optimize the game, korea intentionally make their games have horrible optimization to encourage players with older generation pcs to play in pc cafes, one of the investors for bdo requested this remaster because they own a pc cafe branch  ;)
    None of what you said is true at all. 
    MikehaMadFrenchieNycteliosConstantineMerusPhry

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Some screenshots from the recent contest. 

blueturtle13Mars_OrbitalConstantineMerus
    Xbox One X
    Sony HT-CT80 Soundbar

• lahnmirlahnmir Member EpicPosts: 1,860
    Because my gear got stolen from my car  2 days ago I bought a new laptop and decided to try Black Desert: Remastered to see how it would run.

Playing everything on max with 55/60 fps on 1900x1080 no problem at all.

Rig:

i7-8750H 2.20GHz (4.1GHz)
    512GB SSD
    Geforce  GTX1070 8GB 
    32GB RAM

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    blueturtle13ConstantineMerusKyleran
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...
  • RukushinRukushin Member UncommonPosts: 281
    omg this looks amazing. I might have to reinstall.
  • QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 658
    I've had zero issues running Remastered.

Predator 17x Laptop
    i7 7700
    GeForce 1080
    hdmi 4k monitor

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

IMG

IMG

IMG
    thunderC
    Xbox One X
    Sony HT-CT80 Soundbar

• GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 5,373
    So, is BD:O still all flash, little substance?
    Phry
    Gorwe said:
    Bdo is what ever you make it to be. I'm a Trader. I'm a fisherman. I'm a Master Wizard.
    MikehaPhry
  • Viper482Viper482 Member EpicPosts: 2,158
    edited September 16
    I just don't understand why they would feel the need to "remaster" what was already one of the best looking MMOs out there. Should have spent that time making the game better. 

And I have no doubt those screens are heavily edited/enhanced.
    Post edited by Viper482 on
    DMKanoparrotpholkNyctelios
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 19,272
    Viper482 said:
    I just don't understand why they would feel the need to "remaster" what was already one of the best looking MMOs out there. Should have spent that time making the game better. 

Pretty much what 99% of the western playerbase is thinking - like ... remaster? But why - the graphics is the last thing that needs work.
    Viper482ciely
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,269
    Viper482 said:

I can't speak for last bit if that is the case or not.

But if unaware, during taking screenshots...there is pretty much a screenshot "editor" inside the game. Can change camera angle, position of camera, change lighting and do a lot of stuff with it. Some of these look like that is what they did. Though not all.

I haven't played though since the re-master to know how it actually looks. From sounds of it, it runs even worse and the game already ran bad for me to begin with but was still playable. Now I know if I use up download bandwidth to play even low settings won't be playable on my machine.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Viper482 said:

Just remove the PA bonus per GS shitshow and I would gladly come back. The way it is you either have no life or you are useless in end-game content.
  • AkulasAkulas Member UncommonPosts: 2,305
    It runs shit on this my pc

Operating System: Windows 10 Home
    Processor: Intel® Core™ i9-7980XE processor Octadeca-core 2.60 GHz
    Graphics: 2 x NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX1080 Ti with 11 GB Dedicated Memory
    Memory: 128 GB, DDR4 SDRAM
    Storage: 2 TB HDD, 512 GB SSD

If it doesn't run good on that it's not going to run good with anything else. Before remaster it ran good enough.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• lahnmirlahnmir Member EpicPosts: 1,860
    Akulas said:
    It runs shit on this my pc

Operating System: Windows 10 Home
    Processor: Intel® Core™ i9-7980XE processor Octadeca-core 2.60 GHz
    Graphics: 2 x NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX1080 Ti with 11 GB Dedicated Memory
    Memory: 128 GB, DDR4 SDRAM
    Storage: 2 TB HDD, 512 GB SSD

If it doesn't run good on that it's not going to run good with anything else. Before remaster it ran good enough.
    If you actually own this system you have a serious problem if it runs Black Desert Remastered like shit. Define shit though, you might call 50-60fps on 4k shit. Lots of shit in this post, shit...

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    ConstantineMerus
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...
    Gorwe said:
    Bdo is what ever you make it to be. I'm a Trader. I'm a fisherman. I'm a Master Wizard.

Xbox One X
    Sony HT-CT80 Soundbar

Gorwe said:
    "BDO is what ever you make it to be so I play with a broken class that gets buff in every patch and can one shot people".

Sure sure.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member RarePosts: 2,923
    Goromhir said:

sad sad.....
    I get 100+ FPS on Remastered with

DDR4-3600 32GB
    1080TI 11GB card
    Core I7 6700k

Not sure why people are complaining about Lag even in Node Wars with remastered mode on often it's because the PC is like a pre-built dell, alienware, hp, or origin pc something along those lines these are usually made with cheap hardware, and not properly configured from a hardware side so doing stuff like I would normally do pushing limits on hardware would result in hardware failures, or in-game lag.
  • PhryPhry Member EpicPosts: 10,018
    DMKano said:
    Viper482 said:

Pretty much what 99% of the western playerbase is thinking - like ... remaster? But why - the graphics is the last thing that needs work.
    I have no idea why they would remaster it tbh, admittedly it looks really good and the game seems to run smoothly for me, but as much as i like the new graphics i would have preferred them to spend the time and resources in adding more features, though the afk overnight grinding option means i don't have to spend any time grinding mobs anymore and can instead spend more time/resources trading/sailing etc. though have to say, why do the sailing ships have oars, they would look better without the oars, particularly if like me, you don't turn on the transparent masts option  :)
  • centkincentkin Member UncommonPosts: 1,374
    What I find interesting about this thread is the people chiming in all have a 1060 card or better, most having a 1080 or better.  Has a 1060 become the bottom rung for gaming these days?  I'd figure there are tons of people out there with worse video cards.