Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Combat in D:OS vs PoE

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
Which game has the less complex, easier combat, especially requiring less micromanagement?  Divinity:  Original Sin 1 or Pillars of Eternity 1?

Thanks!

Comments

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760
    Are you looking for easy girls?  They are at the cabaret.  Oh, wait.  What?  No,  I don't work for riot.  

I've got the straight edge.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
     i feel DOS 1 was easier
  • KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602
    Divinity has the easier combat. It seems that melee combat is more viable at higher level in Pillars. That could be me though.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I thought PoE was simpler.

D:OS, especially 1, had a whole mess of environmental effects that complicated things a bit too much a times. In D:OS2 it's still there but at least you have a simpler system for mitigating it.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    PoE is way simpler. Most fights that aren't bosses can just be left in real time without pausing and the companion AI will do most of the work.

D:OS requires tons of management because of all the environmental effects you can cause with almost anything you do.. plus it's turn based all the time so you literally have to micromanage everything and on every character.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.