Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard may want to give Cyberpunk2077 team a call

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member RarePosts: 3,551
    MrMelGibson
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 4,614
    rertez said:
    You probably forgot that the Cyberpunk character was a custom made player character created in the game's character customization menu. ;)
    Don't fool yourself into thinking anything about that gameplay demo wasn't meticulously planned and crafted beforehand.
    DMKanoTorval
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    Does that mean if someone looks like someone famous and is younger they can be sue'd for impersonating them
    http://www.mtv.com/news/1872058/video-game-celebrity-lawsuits/
  • rertezrertez Member UncommonPosts: 218
    rertez said:
    You probably forgot that the Cyberpunk character was a custom made player character created in the game's character customization menu. ;)
    Don't fool yourself into thinking anything about that gameplay demo wasn't meticulously planned and crafted beforehand.
    Of course. And it was my first time to see nipples on YouTube. :blush:
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,200
    Not seeing th resemblance...
    alkarionlog
    --------------------------------------------
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    According to the OP...every game that also has afros for hairstyles must be infringing copyrights as well.
    XodicalkarionlogDeadSpock

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 12,112
    You're kidding, right? It's just one of hundreds of character customization options you can choose from when you create one.

It's not like it's a game with a hard-wired female that resembles what other games have as one of their hard-wired models.

You're really reaching here.
    EponyxDamormystik13YashaXNycteliosalkarionlogMrMelGibson
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • kitaradkitarad Member EpicPosts: 4,880
    Some of these hairstyles are quite good. Must try my hairdresser.

• AlmostLancelotAlmostLancelot Member UncommonPosts: 125
    Cyberpunk females having a half shaved head is nothing new and I see very few similarities other than that.

You're overreaching and looking for something to criticize that isn't there.
    alkarionlogMrMelGibson
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 20,062
    edited August 2018
    Iselin said:
    You're kidding, right? It's just one of hundreds of character customization options you can choose from when you create one.

It's not like it's a game with a hard-wired female that resembles what other games have as one of their hard-wired models.

You're really reaching here.

You are right - the characters can be customized. 

I see a clear resemblance here - V looks very similar to Sombra, be it intentional or accidental, I don't know. 

But every aspect of that 45min demo was carefully picked by the devs, including this particular look.

This wasn't just something they created on the fly - this is the look they chose to show to the world.

Again what anyone makes of it is their own opinion, I just shared mine.

The end

GdemamiWalkinGlennalkarionlogmmolouMrMelGibsonbcbullyDeadSpock
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 18,707
    rertez said:
    No dude! The gratuitous bewb and nipple shots were totally unplanned and coincidental. :innocent:
    SovrathMrMelGibson
    take back the hobby: https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/

traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 18,707
    edited August 2018
    I don't see anything wrong with taking a play from Blizz especially when they don't have strong legs to stand on in this case. Clever marketing using the Gorilla in the room. Now everyone will make the association and it only works in CDPRs favor.
    ConstantineMerusMrMelGibson
    take back the hobby: https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/

traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 2,537
    thunderC said:
    EXPOSED..DMKANO really has a hard on for this game lol
    I'm not surprised. It's a first-person game and if it was up to Kano he would've change real life to third-person and massacred all the humans incapable with his master design. 

"Life is worthless if one cannot look at one's own ass while running."
    - A Kanoian disciple 
    TorvalMrMelGibson
    • "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    • Song of the Week: One Second from One Second (1997) by Paradise Lost
    • Gaming Timeline: Arcade, Commodore 64, Amiga 500, SEGA, IBM, PS, PC, PS2, More PCs, PS3, Giant PC, PS4, No More PCs, PS4 Pro. 
    • Adopted @Kyleran as my virtual father - I put him in my signature since he worries about me all the time and this way he can keep track of me when I talk to strangers here!
    • Favorite Drink: Bruichladdich Black Art 5th 1992
    • Currently Playing: Spider-Man: Turf Wars / The Division farewell tour / Grim Fandango Remastered / Aven Colony
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,592
    Eh, that hairstyle isn't that uncommon. It's a very punky one. I've seen real people with it. As for having some artsy pattern in the shaved part... not exactly unheard of either. Pretty sure the hairstyle is available as an option in one (or some) of the Shadowrun games too.

And finally... the Overwatch girl isn't the only girl of Hispanic ethnicity. I really doubt they'd gain much support. Now if she's using the same skills and other stuff the OW character does, that'd be a different matter.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

If you was going to say they ripped someone else off why would you go to a hairstyle and not Dredd's super blocks and slo mo drug administered with asthma inhalers?

• kosaboykosaboy Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Really? This is a joke post right? cuz if not you are trying way too hard
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,571
    edited August 2018
    Women rocking undercuts is pretty normal in various iterations. That's why it's being seen/used in video games.

I'll tell you this much, it sure as f#$% ain't start with "punk". 
    Raging Demons for all flowchart "Kens". This is a metaphor.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,237
    Women rocking undercuts is pretty normal in various iterations. That's why it's being seen/used in video games.

What did it start with ? Id love to hear the history of women's undercuts, Iv been searching for this answer for quite some time now... BTW Are you a professional stylist?

ALOHA MR HAND ! 

thunderC said:

What did it start with ? Id love to hear the history of women's undercuts, Iv been searching for this answer for quite some time now... BTW Are you a professional stylist?
    Nope, I just happen to not live in isolated Middle America and have been exposed to other cultures and people.

The undercut in general was popularized by European military men in the early 1900s. Iteration of it have been apart of other native cultures well before that. European, or American clipper cut hair styles mostly derive from the military.

As far as the Punk culture, it was being done by the hip-hop crowd before them, though I suspect the punk version had Third Reich influence.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,237
    thunderC said:

Nope, I just happen to not live in isolated Middle America and have been exposed to other cultures and people.

The undercut in general was popularized by European military men in the early 1900s. Iteration of it have been apart of other native cultures well before that. European, or American clipper cut hair styles mostly derive from the military.

As far as the Punk culture, it was being done by the hip-hop crowd before them, though I suspect the punk version had Third Reich influence.
    I knew that's where you were going i just wanted you to make a fool of yourself and say it. THX
    MrMelGibson

ALOHA MR HAND ! 

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,080
    thunderC said:

I feel like Adolf Hitler damn near had an undercut.

Also, even if you haven't traveled like Fly here, just watch an episode of Peaky Blinders.  Set in post-WWI (iirc) England, the entire gang had undercuts.

edited August 2018
    thunderC said:
    thunderC said:

I knew that's where you were going i just wanted you to make a fool of yourself and say it. THX
    How am I fool if it's the truth, do you have any information to the contrary?
    Iselin
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 12,112
    thunderC said:
    thunderC said:

How am I fool if it's the truth?
    He was just trying to be his usual edgy without a clue self and couldn't find a meme quickly enough.
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,080

This is what I got from this thread.
    I love the running man position the crewman is in in the first picture.  I've seen a fighter catch fire on the runway during my time in the Air Force...  Never seen a man run so fast in my life.
    TorvalMrMelGibson