Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Check Out 48 Minutes of Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay & the Continuing Live Stream - Cyberpunk 2077 - MMOR

Comments

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    The SJWs tried to hit this game hard. I'm glad the game managed to keep it's edge. Cyberpunk should never cater to anything but it's core audience.

It sure does look shockingly good visually. I hope the game play holds out. A friend and I are pretty hardcore fans of the genre. We always put a heavy sense of cyberpunk in our Rifts/Savage Rifts games.
    JeffSpicoliShaighTheScavengerFlyByKnight[Deleted User][Deleted User]

You stay sassy!

• bonzoso21bonzoso21 Member UncommonPosts: 380
    Looks decent, like they took inspiration from Deus Ex and aimed for the clouds. You can definitely see the 'First Gameplay Reveal' in it, though, and we can only assume it will be far smoother and more polished in a year or two when it's released. Some are saying it looks like a very cliché and forced sci-fi world, but the creator of the source material is consulting on the game development, so I would assume that's by design. If it seems cliché now, that's probably because so much sci-fi over the last 30 years has been rooted in that colorful 80s glam style that the tabletop rpg helped create.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited August 2018
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    Combat seems standard fare first person shooter, I mean it doesn't even have any new or super cool elements, it seemed very safe.

I don't really agree with you. Near the end of the video there's bouncing bullets off walls, hacking enemy weapons, melee, wall running, wall hanging, double jumping, shooting through cover, destructible cover, movable cover, homing bullets and the slow motion they use a lot early on as well.

That's a pretty crazy mixture of almost everything we've seen in every other FPS and amounts to a lot of options, just in this demo.

We saw that the slow mo was caused by a consumable and/or mod. There's bound to be more that we haven't seen.

Not to get into nit-picking as far as which games did what shooter elements first - what they showed looked very standard fare. 

Again I am not expecting Doom Eternal level of FPS awesomeness but none of what you said above had a "holy shit" type of wow factor on me.

It just looked safe - and that's ok - especially since this is a RPG game first and shooter second, so a completely average shooter type gameplay here is fine as long as RPG elements are really solid.
    Yea, in short: it doesn't need the Bioshock/Prey-like "schtick" because it's a narrative-driven RPG first and foremost, just like the Witcher games were.

The immersion, gunplay, and narrative needs to be spot on.  And, aside from gunplay, we have really good cred to give those making it.

I'm thinking it ranges anywhere from really good to game of the year.

• WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member RarePosts: 451
    krevra said:
    You can only choose male or female at character creation.
    There are only 2 genders.
    Read more advanced genetics and neo-natal research.  There's a range of in-between states, based on a number of different origins.  Literally hundreds of thousands in the USA alone.

On the other hand, for game purposes, simplest to go with two to start, and have the alternatives be cyber'd up.
    Cant tell if seriously trying to squeeze cancerous identity politics in, or are poking fun at the clowns that identify as a couch one day and a pair of slippers another.

Anyhow, I never thought this game would wind up as a straight up FPS RPG. It looks good for an early build though. Got it on my radar now.
    JeffSpicoli[Deleted User]RueTheWhirl
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Yeah, after seeing the rest of the video, the dialogue is very forced and terrible.

Since so much of the game is based on character interactions they need to hire some real voice actors. I hope they don't leave it as is because right now it sounds like C level talent reading off D level script.

*crosses fingers*
    [Deleted User]ysquare21
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    edited August 2018
    DMKano said:
    krevra said:
    Read more advanced genetics and neo-natal research.  There's a range of in-between states, based on a number of different origins.  Literally hundreds of thousands in the USA alone.

On the other hand, for game purposes, simplest to go with two to start, and have the alternatives be cyber'd up.
    Cant tell if seriously trying to squeeze cancerous identity politics in, or are poking fun at the clowns that identify as a couch one day and a pair of slippers another.

Anyhow, I never thought this game would wind up as a straight up FPS RPG. It looks good for an early build though. Got it on my radar now.

It has nothing to do with politics

Cyberpunk 2077 is based on Cyberpunk 2020 tabletop RPG - where augmentations and implants played a major role.

That included your gender - and all of this existed in 1988 when Cyberpunk 2020 was released.

Do you honestly for a split second believe that with the amount of augmentation and implants in the world of Cyberpunk - there would only be 2 genders? Because that would be absolutely absurd - the more implants and body augmentations there are the more blurred the lines become as far as any  specific gender identity.

Yeah I know what the game is based off of and I sure as shit don't remember anybody contemplating on their characters being anything other than a male or female. These blurred lines you speak of only exist today because mental illness in ragards to gender identity is somehow being made as "normal lol" by the most hard core libtards in high places.
    [Deleted User]
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    krevra said:

Cyberpunk 2077 is based on Cyberpunk 2020 tabletop RPG - where augmentations and implants played a major role.

That included your gender - and all of this existed in 1988 when Cyberpunk 2020 was released.

Do you honestly for a split second believe that with the amount of augmentation and implants in the world of Cyberpunk - there would only be 2 genders? Because that would be absolutely absurd - the more implants and body augmentations there are the more blurred the lines become as far as any  specific gender identity.

Yeah I know what the game is based off of and I sure as shit don't remember anybody contemplating on their characters being anything other than a male or female. These blurred lines you speak of only exist today because mental illness in ragards to gender identity is somehow being made as "normal lol" by the most hard core libtards in high places.

Sorry but you are completely wrong because you are clearly blinded by your own political agenda.

Fact - without any possibility to augment your body - there are only 2 choices.

With ENDLESS possibilities to augment your body - suddenly there are a lot more than 2 choices - this is just simple reality of technology that you are ignoring.

It has nothing to do with politics at all - it has to do with the reality of giving people the freedom to augment their body - the end result is going to be a huge diversity that goes beyond anything that happens by nature alone.

That's the reality of the level of body mod that is present in the world of Cyberpunk.

Sad that you can't see past your own political filters and just set politics aside and just take high-tech implants and body mod and just realize the endless possibilities that it provides.

ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE HECK THIS GUY IS TALKING ABOUT ?

WalkinGlennIselinMadFrenchie[Deleted User][Deleted User]azarhalGnogTacticalZombeh
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    krevra said:

Sorry but you are completely wrong because you are clearly blinded by your own political agenda.

With ENDLESS possibilities to augment your body - suddenly there are a lot more than 2 choices - this is just simple reality of technology that you are ignoring.

It has nothing to do with politics at all - it has to do with the reality of giving people the freedom to augment their body - the end result is going to be a huge diversity that goes beyond anything that happens by nature alone.

That's the reality of the level of body mod that is present in the world of Cyberpunk.

Sad that you can't see past your own political filters and just set politics aside and just take high-tech implants and body mod and just realize the endless possibilities that it provides.

Sorry but you're the one shoveling the identity politics, yet twisting it back on me. If I remember correctly when spawning an NPC you had to roll a die and odds or even would determine male or female. So no, this gender horseshit we have to deal with today was not part of Cyberpunk 2020. People weren't shoveling this shit back in the late 80's early 90's when this game came out. Another news flash. Back in the 90's people weren't rolling the die to see if they could be a pony or a doggie either.
    [Deleted User]
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    I'd give CDPR my left nut if they asked for it, I don't even like Cyberpunk and I'm going to play this game.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    thunderC said:
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    krevra said:

Yup.

"Getting a “sex-change” (unfortunate terminology you will see in all of these games) under Cyberpunk 2020 rules has multiple “levels” (something you will also see in other examples). A “Basic” Sex Change takes one month of hormone therapy and nanotechnology injection, a week of surgical stay and two weeks post-op recovery. Altogether the cost is 4200 EuroMarks, which is roughly the cost of a decent pulse laser rifle. The ability to bear children is another 5000 Euromarks, and the ability to sire children is 1000.

Additionally you can pay even more to make yourself less “detectable” (at an exponentially increased cost) and seek counselling to restore the 1d6 Humanity score lost due to the transition. Like other games in this list, medical transition is treated similarly to cybernetic augmentation, and affects your overall humanity negatively. Humanity is a particularly vital score in Cyberpunk 2020 because allowing your score to go too low results in cyberpsychosis, surrendering your control over the character, who then becomes an NPC controlled by the Game Master from then on out."

[Deleted User][Deleted User]WalkinGlennSiphaed
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757
    I liked what I saw.
    Likely to buy.
    edited August 2018
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    krevra said:

Sorry but you're the one shoveling the identity politics, yet twisting it back on me. If I remember correctly when spawning an NPC you had to roll a die and odds or even would determine male or female. So no, this gender horseshit we have to deal with today was not part of Cyberpunk 2020. People weren't shoveling this shit back in the late 80's early 90's when this game came out. Another news flash. Back in the 90's people weren't rolling the die to see if they could be a pony or a doggie either.

Simple question for you - given the extent of augmentations and implants, do you think that it's realistic that everyone in the world of Cyberpunk would be 100% male or 100% female?

Think about it - try to put your bias aside - and give an honest answer of what people would actually do if they had so much freedom to modify their own bodies.

I'll bite. In the Cyberpunk universe, we're so advanced we can augment the body with electronics and improve vision, speed, strength intelligence... ect. I would have to think in that world we have unlocked all the secrets in which the mind and nervous works. I mean, we are connecting electronics to the nervous system and muscles after all. So would it also be safe to say that curing people of their gender dysphoria could be as easy as blowing your nose?

Now that we have that out of the way. It's also safe to say that left unchecked, there is always some idiot that would, if able, freely change anything and everything about their body.

KingNaid
  • spidiispidii Member UncommonPosts: 143
    Can't believe the negativity in this thread, this game looks amazing. They have my money. Very impressed with every aspect of that trailer and this game.
    Iselin[Deleted User]TheDarkrayneDeadSpock
    Iselin said:
    thunderC said:
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    krevra said:

Yup.

"Getting a “sex-change” (unfortunate terminology you will see in all of these games) under Cyberpunk 2020 rules has multiple “levels” (something you will also see in other examples). A “Basic” Sex Change takes one month of hormone therapy and nanotechnology injection, a week of surgical stay and two weeks post-op recovery. Altogether the cost is 4200 EuroMarks, which is roughly the cost of a decent pulse laser rifle. The ability to bear children is another 5000 Euromarks, and the ability to sire children is 1000.

Additionally you can pay even more to make yourself less “detectable” (at an exponentially increased cost) and seek counselling to restore the 1d6 Humanity score lost due to the transition. Like other games in this list, medical transition is treated similarly to cybernetic augmentation, and affects your overall humanity negatively. Humanity is a particularly vital score in Cyberpunk 2020 because allowing your score to go too low results in cyberpsychosis, surrendering your control over the character, who then becomes an NPC controlled by the Game Master from then on out."

Dunno where all that comes from, but there was no sex change buisness in Cyberpunk 2020. About the only thing in thoes regards you could do was beef up your junk. It was called Mr.Studly or some shit like that.
    JeffSpicoli
  • OyjordOyjord Member UncommonPosts: 568
    I'd be a day 1 purchaser of there was a third-person toggle.

First-person just makes me too sick to enjoy.
    NyteWytchysquare21
    Oyjord said:
    I'd be a day 1 purchaser of there was a third-person toggle.

First-person just makes me too sick to enjoy.
    I honestly never gave this game a thought as being a FPS style game. After seeing that video, and that awesome sound track, I'm on board.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    edited August 2018
    Though Im not really into FPS at all and prefer games like Witcher 3, Skyrim, ESO etc....because Witcher 3 was my favorite game of the last decade or so, I'll probably give it a go once I read reviews and they patch things up over the first few months. Until then, my main focus remains with the Oculus Rift.
    Alomar

There Is Always Hope!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    It does look good for now but one question..
    Does the phrase "narrative driven" not contradict "open world"?Also the demo looks VERY linear and not open world.
    NyteWytch

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Wizardry said:
    Does the phrase "narrative driven" not contradict "open world"?Also the demo looks VERY linear and not open world.
    I suppose it depends on how much the narrative is driven by character actions.
    someforumguy
    Torval said:
    It's not just the game, but the entire sub-genre is built around questioning identity, humanity, and reality. If anyone thought questions about our junk wouldn't come into the picture might not actually be a hume. Xeno detected! Wait wrong game, sorry.
    I think it's kind of cute in a Pollyanish kind of way, that some people think that given the enhancement and change possibilities in a Scifi universe where you can change just about anything if you have the cash, no one would be interested in selling or buying junk mods.

"Mod my eyes, hands, legs, brain and ears but don't you dare touch my junk." :)
    Thourne[Deleted User]NyteWytch[Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    Torval said:

" but don't you dare touch my junk." :)
    Don't worry.

I wont :)
    lol
    [Deleted User]tinoberserk
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Wizardry said:
    It doesn't. 

Open World =/= Sandbox.

You can have narrative in an open world.

You're absolutely right about the demo being linear though, I'd really love to see how they address going off the rails.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Wizardry said:
    It doesn't. 

Open World =/= Sandbox.

You can have narrative in an open world.

You're absolutely right about the demo being linear though, I'd really love to see how they address going off the rails.
    They've mentioned several times that street cred and previous completed jobs open up dialogue with NPCs you wouldn't have if you didn't meet the threshold. Sounds like they'll be handling "off the rails" by adding other hidden rails instead.

But you could, of course go on a random shooting rampage... probably wouldn't end well though.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    thunderC said:
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    krevra said:

Yup.

Iselin
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

Iselin said:
    thunderC said:
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    krevra said:

Yup.

Dunno where all that comes from, but there was no sex change buisness in Cyberpunk 2020. About the only thing in thoes regards you could do was beef up your junk. It was called Mr.Studly or some shit like that.

WalkinGlennIselin[Deleted User]
    • Aloha Mr Hand !