Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fevir talks Pantheon Rise of the Fallen

13»

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    edited September 2018
    svann said:
    svann said:
    TEKK3N said:
    kitarad said:
    I will play this game and make time for it but that does mean people who have time will choose to spend it playing Pantheon in the numbers some people think they might get. That is probably what most are pointing out.

The big question is, why people care? And why so much?
    This is what I struggle to understand.

In an average Pantheon thread there are:

-5 posts on topic.
    -1 post of people claiming that Pantheon will have 1 million subs and it's the bestest game evah.
    -10 post telling no one will play Pantheon, because no appeal to the cool dudes.
    -10 of my own post trying to explain to those 10 posters that Pantheon will have more appeal then they think (not that it will have 1 million subs)
    -5 of my own posts trying to understand why they care so much (still no idea why)

Can we talk about how good or shit is the game instead of speculating how many people will play it?
    I can't even criticize the bloody game, because I have to spend all my time trying to stop people talking about numbers pulled out of their ass.

This happens in every thread for every game. Chill man it's what we do here ;) 
    You can tell you are new here =p 
    Pulling number out yer butt is basically trolling.  You say everyone trolls?  I dont think so.
    What numbers are you talking about
    The post YOU responded to complained about numbers being pulled out of the ass, and you defended it saying "thats what we do here".
    I believe Blue was referring to the overall flavor of most threads here and not specifically about numbers.

BTW, trolls are imaginary creatures which live under bridges in video games.  Here on these forums we just call them posters engaged in some friendly PVP.

MadFrenchie

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I hate when mommy and daddy fight.
    XarkoKyleran

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• HaplosHaplos Member UncommonPosts: 82
    edited September 2018
    I've kind of lost interest in games today.  I used to be all MMO or nothing, as of late I've played a lot of single player games, because none of the new mmos look appealing to me and when I played I played hard and don't want to waste time on a so so game.  That being said, I hope this one gets on line as it looks to me to have the potential to hold my interest.  If it was able to make me start thinking of myself as my character while playing, it would be great.                                  

I was quite interested in EQ Next and threw the money in to get in line as I was going to play it anyway, so why not.  (I found out :smile: , I like the looks of this one and don't mind an initial investment to get in, but I won't throw money on the come anymore as I was burnt the last time I did.  Put up a game I can play and I'm in, in the meantime I'll probably keep bouncing single player games when I want to play.
    Post edited by Haplos on
  • XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    I still don't get why people that have no interest in a game seem to spam that games forum?  I may post 1-2 messages to gather information and make a choice on something, but I don't see wasting time in a forum of something you don't care to play.  Maybe that is just me though.  I looked at AoC, and I think it is going to run into a lot of the same problems Archeage has (even if it is less p2w).  I don't live in their forum trying to convience them I am right and such.  Just seems like a waste.
    dcutbi001
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited September 2018
    EQ did not do combat or characterization good enough,so imo it needs to be better.VG did not do it good enough either,so it needs to be better.

Textures/lighting look to be real good as i expected.

One at a time mob instead of the cluster of 3 or 6 is also something i like to see.
    AI looks bad and team work doesn't seem to be there.
    One class i have NEVER seen done right is the archer/bow classes.FFXI is the one who nailed it and did it very well.Example ,you had to stand back at the proper distance to achieve maximum damage where in this game we still see the archer standing right in close in melee range.

I disagree,i feel Wow players could easily walk in and play this.So it might not have the complete linear "!" ride of quests,the combat looks to me to be very easy to grasp.

I know i always compare games to FFXI and for a reason,combat was just so tweaked perfectly for grouping.I am talking about stuff like mezzzing and binding type abilities.The game SHOULD offer a better system design within a group and on that note,your group SHOULD be fighting mobs much higher in level,meaning mezz's and binds should rarely work.Mechanics/abilities should work best at EVEN levels and easier moving towards the easier foes.In group if your group is level 15,you should be fighting stuff that is nearly impossible to solo like around level 20-21 which is why those game breaking abilities should rarely work.

I am also not so sure Pantheon will nail the aggro in a just right manner but we will see.The mistakes in this area were because brad and team of past used tiered items,that meant EVERYTHING in game was balanced towards the highest tiered items.Combat SHOULD be more about the PLAYER and NOT the gear,a common mistake the WOW's and FFXIV's are making in the mmorpg design.Soon you turn a game into gear mode,the game becomes a VERY superficial game of "let's get the best gear in the best dungeons"and the rest of the game becomes obsolete.Again a big msitake that FFXIV..WOW make.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Xthos said:
    I still don't get why people that have no interest in a game seem to spam that games forum?  I may post 1-2 messages to gather information and make a choice on something, but I don't see wasting time in a forum of something you don't care to play.  Maybe that is just me though.  I looked at AoC, and I think it is going to run into a lot of the same problems Archeage has (even if it is less p2w).  I don't live in their forum trying to convience them I am right and such.  Just seems like a waste.
    You seem to not understand >>>opinion's...feedback...discussion and appear to THINK any and every game SHOULD only be a fansite forum.
    "convince"i doubt anyone convince's anyone,it is USUALLY just those that are already sold wil approve of only positive talk but scoff at anything else.

I have a long standing opinion on fanbois/fansite type forums.Those type of people do the game NO GOOD,it will NEVER get any better because those people are already SOLD,they will buy the game in ANY state which is bad for the game ,bad for consumers,bad for the genre in general.
    If you are a knowlegable gamer and understand how systems work,the game games are designed,you SHOULD be all over that developer to IMPROVE the game to it's best possible state.

If you "don't care"then why should the developer,they could just release a Diablo game with very little going for it and you will buy it anyhow?You know ,don't put any effort into the game design,just login solo and start killing stuff with your eyes closed.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• asteldiancaliskanasteldiancaliskan Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Wizardry said:
    Xthos said:
    You seem to not understand >>>opinion's...feedback...discussion and appear to THINK any and every game SHOULD only be a fansite forum.
    "convince"i doubt anyone convince's anyone,it is USUALLY just those that are already sold wil approve of only positive talk but scoff at anything else.

I have a long standing opinion on fanbois/fansite type forums.Those type of people do the game NO GOOD,it will NEVER get any better because those people are already SOLD,they will buy the game in ANY state which is bad for the game ,bad for consumers,bad for the genre in general.
    If you are a knowlegable gamer and understand how systems work,the game games are designed,you SHOULD be all over that developer to IMPROVE the game to it's best possible state.

If you "don't care"then why should the developer,they could just release a Diablo game with very little going for it and you will buy it anyhow?You know ,don't put any effort into the game design,just login solo and start killing stuff with your eyes closed.
    Thing is, there is sceptical, doubtful, intrigued but not convinced and then there is flat out 'this game is shit, no one will play it' and i think the poster is mainly talking about them.
    I mean your posts have shown you are not exactly on board or convinced by Pantheon, but it is not the games fundamental intent you have issues with but more the specifics in how they go about it. I don't think any but the most die hard fanboys have issues with that because it is genuine feedback by someone who cares but isn't sold on the concept rather than someone who flat out dislikes everything the game is attempting to be