Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shadowbane: Aug Content Patch Update

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

The Shadowbane Development Section has been updated to reflect what will be included in the August Content Patch that is scheduled to go to the Game Servers early August as well as features and content we are looking to include in the months after. An excerpt from this update is below:

The following is scheduled for the August Content Patch:
Chat System Improvements
- Various chat system improvements will be implemented to include a new Global and Class-Specific chat channels; note that you must belong to that Class to be able to access the Chat Channel (for example, a Ranger can only view and talk on the Ranger Channel).  With this update, modifications have been made to the ignore list so it will now persist as well as a minor update to the death messages so they will be broadcast worldwide (note that this feature is easy to turn on and off).

Loreplay Server - A new server will be brought online that will contain limits on what Races and Classes can join a Guild Charter and only allowing guilds of the same Guild Charter Type to swear fealty to each other (meaning a High Court can only swear fealty to other High Courts).  Furthermore, restrictions will be in place only allowing Nation Members to group together and disallowing the casting of peaceful powers on members of different Guild Charter Types (For example, a member of a Noble House can only cast peaceful powers on individuals in their Nation or in another Nation that is based on a Noble House guild charter).  This server will not be brought online with the August Content Patch but will begin evaluation in the testing environment in the weeks after the August Patch is placed on the game servers.

You can view the entire Development Section here

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• PaksPaks Member Posts: 263

Ya know I'm very happy to hear they're implementing a Loreplay server.

But...

I was on the Advocate team and if they'd done this back when we suggested it I might have stuck with the game, and I think a lot of other players would have as well. Instead of this feeling like a last ditch effort to attract players, it could have been a major feature that kept them.

So, is this to little to late? *shrugs* I donno really. I do wish them well with this idea, and just hope they give it the support and tools it needs to work.

• AshenTemperAshenTemper BioWare Community Mgr.Member Posts: 68

Hey Paks! Been an age! I'd encourage you to read the Lore Forum to see what's going on exactly (and I fixed it so you don't need an active account to view it):

Shadowbane Lore Forum

As for this being a "last ditch effort", I would have to completely disagree. I've been hearing about last ditch efforts for Shadowbane for years and yet we've outlived most of these naysayers. The game is alive and kicking and the changes we've been making since our acquisition by Ubisoft have been solidifying the original goals of the game.

Granted, some people will disagree but that is the nature of the beast. We're not looking to please the entire MMO Market, we're looking to be the best FFA PvP game on the market.

Anyhow, check out the forum, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Sean "Ashen Temper" Dahlberg
    http://www.seandahlberg.com/