Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Last Stand of Cayde-6 the Gunslinger Trailer - Destiny 2 Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 11,024
edited August 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageThe Last Stand of Cayde-6 the Gunslinger Trailer - Destiny 2 Videos - MMORPG.com

When Destiny 2 expands with the Forsaken content expansion later this fall, Guardians will bid farewell to one of the series' most iconic and beloved characters, Cayde-6. In this new trailer shown during Gamescom, viewers get a look at Cayde-6's "Last Stand" and...well, its emotional impact.

Read the full story here


Comments

  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    *sniffles* He went out like a boss though. R.I.P. Cayde-6 <3
    BillMurphyDeadSpockOctagon7711


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 


  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited August 2018

    SBFord said:

    *sniffles* He went out like a boss though. R.I.P. Cayde-6 <3



    The way I hear people talk about Destiny 2's story so far, I'm surprised there's emotion, well other than disappointment.
    Post edited by Albatroes on
    RoinThaharSamhael
  • mallettjtmallettjt Member UncommonPosts: 99
    In the words of our greatest president "I'm glad he's dead." -Andrew Jackson
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Change of voice actor throws me off too much.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    mallettjt said:
    In the words of our greatest president "I'm glad he's dead." -Andrew Jackson
    "...And I hope he burns in hell." -Samuel L. Jackson
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,712
    edited August 2018

    Albatroes said:



    SBFord said:


    *sniffles* He went out like a boss though. R.I.P. Cayde-6 <3






    The way I hear people talk about Destiny 2's story so far, I'm surprised there's emotion, well other than disappointment.



    The disappointment of Destiny 2 isn't the story. The story is actually quite good and I enjoyed it.
    It's the gameplay and how terrible it is compared to Destiny 1 today after all QoL improvements.
    They made so many bad changes in Destiny 2 that didn't need changing. That is the sad part. Destiny 1 was amazing after the Taken King expansion and they threw all the amazing stuff out of the window in Destiny 2, just to push the ingame cash shop! The worst is all the streamlining they did with the weapons and Exotics...all because of stupid PVP, but the result is that it totally destroys the addiction of continue playing the PVE side of the game, trying to find better weapons and gear. 

    The moment I hit the level cap, I quickly got bored shortly after, since there was no reason to continue anymore. The only thing changing was the light level, which just became a borefest in itself.


    The strikes and Nightfalls especially were just disappointing as well. Nightfall just being stupid speed runs on a timer. Worst ever mechanic to fake difficulty!
    The strikes and Nightfalls are a farcry from Destiny 1!  Same with the Public Events. Those were much better and more fun in Destiny 1. Especially those on the Dreadnaught were amazing an fun! Total mayhem some of them.
    The Court of Oryx was awesome too.

    All this together made Destiny 1 a really good game and we had a blast 18 months straight.
  • uriel_mafessuriel_mafess Member UncommonPosts: 103
    I only have the vanilla game, so I dunno if the expacs brought anything good storywise but I doubt it, and I guarantee that the game story is BAD. With all the letters and no excusses.

    Its true that in Destiny 1 they burnt almost everything this setting/universe had to offer but even something like, lets time travel and start again, or lets pretend everything was a dream or they are all dead is way better that the vanilla 2 story.

    I see that in their desperation they are going the lets kill a main character route (tall 40% chance it will live and 60% chance his death was nonsensical, meant or brought nothing) cuase hey GoT did it and people liked it.

    I know its hard to accept but their writers are burnt. They have nothing to offer.
    RexKushman
  • RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440
    I never played this game but the trailer was quite good and to me it looks like it would be a awesome cliff-hanger and that gunslinger comes back in a big way later on. This makes me want to look into this game a bit more.

  • itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353

    Albatroes said:



    SBFord said:


    *sniffles* He went out like a boss though. R.I.P. Cayde-6 <3






    The way I hear people talk about Destiny 2's story so far, I'm surprised there's emotion, well other than disappointment.



    stfu
    RexKushmanDeadSpock

    image
  • WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 351
    I am totaly new to shooters, But I find the d2 story lines fun. Only played for 4 weeks so I donno end game at all.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    hm, wonder if they killed him bc nathan left, or because they wanted a super rare drop for players (his gun).

    pitty tho, i like cayde. even tho i never really played destiny

    "I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

  • NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Cayde-6 reminds me of a PG 13 version of Deadpool... but I have to say, he gives good head at 2:40 in the trailer. ;)
  • RomeoRomeoRomeoRomeo Member UncommonPosts: 48

    JeroKane said:



    Albatroes said:





    SBFord said:



    *sniffles* He went out like a boss though. R.I.P. Cayde-6 <3









    The way I hear people talk about Destiny 2's story so far, I'm surprised there's emotion, well other than disappointment.






    The disappointment of Destiny 2 isn't the story. The story is actually quite good and I enjoyed it.

    It's the gameplay and how terrible it is compared to Destiny 1 today after all QoL improvements.

    They made so many bad changes in Destiny 2 that didn't need changing. That is the sad part.
    Destiny 1 was amazing after the Taken King expansion and they threw all the amazing stuff out of the window in Destiny 2, just to push the ingame cash shop!
    The worst is all the streamlining they did with the weapons and Exotics...all because of stupid PVP, but the result is that it totally destroys the addiction of continue playing the PVE side of the game, trying to find better weapons and gear. 

    The moment I hit the level cap, I quickly got bored shortly after, since there was no reason to continue anymore. The only thing changing was the light level, which just became a borefest in itself.


    The strikes and Nightfalls especially were just disappointing as well. Nightfall just being stupid speed runs on a timer. Worst ever mechanic to fake difficulty!
    The strikes and Nightfalls are a farcry from Destiny 1!  Same with the Public Events. Those were much better and more fun in Destiny 1. Especially those on the Dreadnaught were amazing an fun! Total mayhem some of them.
    The Court of Oryx was awesome too.

    All this together made Destiny 1 a really good game and we had a blast 18 months straight.



    I agree with a lot of your comments, you speak the truth.

    Just a heads up though, this is a pretty outdated compared to the current state of game.

    D2 has been an absolute blast since Warmind.

    They've brought back tons of QoL features, introduced loads of new systems and gameplay loops, and increased the power fantasy by a lot. Most exotics at this point have been massively buffed and are tons of fun.

    And also, they are taking all those things to the next level in Forsaken. Just in case you haven't been keeping up to date with the development diary and streams.

    Just saying, your viewpoints absolutely valid! But Bungie has worked really hard to fix most things on your list. If you or anybody else was a fan of Destiny in the past, it's a really good time to jump back in!
  • DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    In the first cutscene at release he almost died if it wasn’t for Ikora grabbing him and placing him inside the bubble of Zavala. The dude was suecidal pulling golden gun at the airships ivanding the place. Will miss the jokes though and yes I can see the Deadpool resemblance good Call.
  • residentxresidentx Member UncommonPosts: 123
    When you talk about a new trailer be courteous and insert the link to it. This actually helps your site when you do that.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    residentx said:
    When you talk about a new trailer be courteous and insert the link to it. This actually helps your site when you do that.
    1. If you saw the story from the news feed, you click through to the YT video. We don't have the ability to put direct links in the snippet posts.

    2. The link is easily obtained from the video itself by right clicking on the YT video to get the direct YouTube link.

    Next question?
    [Deleted User]


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 


  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I enjoyed the game but kept getting lettuce and cabbage errors since Warmind, keeps kicking me out the game, oh well fun while it lasted. I don't know what they did but they did it well.
    [Deleted User]

    "We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Sign In or Register to comment.