Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Battlerite Royale - Gameplay Reveal Trailer

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Battlerite Royale - Gameplay Reveal Trailer

MMORPG.com is the leading destination for MMORPG games, news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

Silmaris

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• harrijc3harrijc3 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    I'm amazed there is still room left on the band wagon at this point.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Gorwe said:
    Nyctelios said:
    Gorwe said:
    Why though? Battlerite is perfect for what it is. They could try a longer, more meaningful mode rather than hopping on BR bandwagon.
    Battlerite is amazing, but is not as popular so they are trying something else, I guess.

Battlerite has issues, but those issues are UI, menus and such. Invited so many friends to play and all of them just stop playing due those things. It seems they are happy with the way it is, which is not a great development trait.
    I stopped because those short rounds just don't feel meaningful to me. Really, sometimes you can finish a match in under five minutes! Just feels somehow hollow to me.
    I kinda thought the was the 2018 ADHD goal?
  • Reaperman69Reaperman69 Member UncommonPosts: 28
    this is a good addition on how to play the game. it's like a battleground in WoW where you dont need to spend lots of time maxing your toon to have fun.
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    To be fair, a battle royale done in this way, when the rest are mere copies of the same template, could actually work. It looks fun as hell with Battlerite's mechanics.
  • El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760
    I don't understand all the hate towards battle royale games. It's something I'm interested in but I still haven't found one that works for me.

I've got the straight edge.

• SolancerSolancer Member UncommonPosts: 121
    edited August 2018
    Well, so much to say and yet here we are, another game from loser city trying to clone more of the same. Might as well copy the trendy characters too while they are at it. More game is great, but this is starting to look like the phone game market, fill with clone after clone games with a different skin but yet play all the same way.

I guess Battlerite Royale will help PUBG or Fortnight sell even more copy, nothing help the top sells more when the bottom one made them looking 10 times better. I feel at this point game dev are not even trying to make new games, but just clone from the popular ones. Well Battlerite Royale prove to me a new game can be cheaply made by just copy the feel and look from well made one. I'm surprise they are brave enough to go there, this late to the party, and what did they hope to achieve at this point?

Last bit, have fun for those enjoy this game for what it is, I guess they achieve the late game gold O_o.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    you guys dont actually understand the idea of a game, do ya?

do you cry every time a new shooter is released? wolfenstein already came out over 20 years ago, and people still "join the bandwagon".

get over it, game types are not unique.
    mmrv

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• ceh430ceh430 Member UncommonPosts: 42
    omg another BR...

vipermanor
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    harrijc3 said:
    I'm amazed there is still room left on the band wagon at this point.
    Take a look at the news story about Realm Royale's big decline if you want a good idea of how this one likely will turn out.

BillMurphy

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited August 2018
    Thane said:

do you cry every time a new shooter is released? wolfenstein already came out over 20 years ago, and people still "join the bandwagon".

That's not at all the same. Wolfenstein has hand-crafted PvE content for each title.  It isn't just the same content relaunched.

Battle royales games are merely the game mode and PvP.  They aren't unique enough from one another in terms of content to warrant having so many.

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Aaaannnnddd.. respect for the devs gone
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Man, when does it stop being a clone and just become another class of game? There must be something better to talk about XD
    Silmaris
  • mmrvmmrv Member RarePosts: 305

Thane said:

That's not at all the same. Wolfenstein has hand-crafted PvE content for each title.  It isn't just the same content relaunched.

Battle royales games are merely the game mode and PvP.  They aren't unique enough from one another in terms of content to warrant having so many.

Uhm no its the EXACT same lol. Each new BR is a handcrafted PVP content. Its the same things, infact games like PUBG are just clones of old FPS games with a really minor tweek a shrinking play area and no respawn.

Atleast this is a twist on the gameplay which is something different and might prove to be more fun to people who prefer a moba style combat but also like the format of a BR pvp mode.
    Silmaris