Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NCSOFT 2nd quarter earnings

2»

Comments

• DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    Gorwe said:
    Darksworm said:
    Im amazed anyone still plays Aion...that was a terrible game.
    Aion wasn't terrible.  NCSoft definitely is.

I think the game was okay.  Pretty good classes.  Standard Fair Tab-Targetting.

But NCSoft doesn't know how to handle games post-release, and they are tragic when it comes to balancing it.

Also, for Western players... NCSoft is pretty awful because of the way they publish their games across regions.  The updates have amazingly huge lag, and often there are huge disparities between the updates across markets.  Lineage II is a good example of this.

Even the events differ marketly, at times.

They are just a horrible MMO game developer/publisher.  They throw out gimmicks to make cash, but they don't develop the games like they have a care in the world about them.

I don't play anything from NCSoft these days.  I played L2 for years, but finally just deleted everything plus the email accounts tied to them to cut ties with this company.

I did play Aion a bit.  It was better than i.e. Age of Conan and Warhammer online.  But that was at the very beginning.  These days, I wouldn't touch it because I consider it a dead game - for all intents and purposes.

The community that remains is actually quite nice, though.  Better than FFXIV, for example (which is filled with elitists, toxics, and Lalafell pervs).
    It is true though. Blade and Soul EU has such a fascinating net structure that people next door to the server(practically) have like 40ms lag and the common lag is 80-120ms. Meaning that I, for example, have equal lag to Frankfurt like if the server was located in Boston(!). For the love of...!
    When I say the updates have lag, I'm referring to waiting 4-8 months after the update launches in Korea for it to launch in NA.

It has nothing to do with connection latency.

Lol.

I'm referring to content release timing.  This is always terrible with NCSoft games, compared to i.e. Blizzard Entertainment where the lag in update releases is often a day or so - if even that.

When your game has awful balance issues, bugs, etc. people don't want to wait half a year for a patch to get "translated," "customized," and "ported" to their region.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    Kabulozo said:
    DMKano said:
    Take me down to the telegraph city
    Where the Wildstar's king and its sales are shitty
    Oh won't you please take me home
    Wildstar and Bless Online are both things of the long ago past.
    That would imply that they were ever relevant to begin with. 
  • AAAMEOWAAAMEOW Member RarePosts: 1,605
    edited August 2018
    cesmode8 said:
    Hmm seems like Guild Wars 2 is doing better than last year 2Q. 

And someone was saying a month ago that NCSoft plans on killing the franchise. Fun stuff. I suppose they let all sorts of lunatics lurking in here.
    What is mind boggling is that aside from Lineage 2 and Aion, everything is doing better than Gw2.  Aion, an old game from 10+ years ago, is nipping at the heals of Gw2.  

And how are the mobile games so profitable in Asia?

How is this possible? How is GW2 so...non profitble when I see so many people playing it, so many new players, amazing cosmetic cash shop.  I dont get it.

You need to look at it at a global level.  GW2 isn't popular in Asia.  But Aion and Lineage 2 have a decent population in Asia.  

Vice versa, Lineage and Aion isn't popular in the West.