Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recently came back due to seeing it on steam

JackieRyderJackieRyder Member UncommonPosts: 145
Hello there,

I started playing Puzzle pirates when i was a youngin 12 years ago(i am now 25 years old, so it has been along time) and i had recently come back to the game due to seeing it on steam as Puzzle Pirates Dark Seas and i must say i have not been disappointed with the game what so ever and been enjoying it quite thoroughly, i am also surprised to see the games population is regrowing everyday

Comments

• JackieRyderJackieRyder Member UncommonPosts: 145
    does anyone on this website play this?
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    It was a great game, but I haven't touched it in ages.  I don't know how things are going now.  But, I do know that the population has been low for a long time.

http://www.puzzlepirates.com/status.xhtml

That still shows the up-to-date population numbers.  So, make sure you check on what servers are still alive and kicking.

Flashback:
    I remember first playing this game when it was in beta.  Honestly, YPP was way ahead of the curve in a lot of ways(by years).
    Even their doubloon RMT system was pretty brilliantly and seamlessly integrated.
    Their economic/crafting/trading system, etc. and all were pretty well done.  I think, had they implemented their game systems into a more regular type of MMO, versus the 2D puzzler theme, the game could have been on par with EVE with player retention and numbers.

I can't even remember who runs the game these days, the original developers abandoned ship(see what I did there, right? RIGHT?!) many years ago.
    They actually made a Wild West variation of the game after YPP, as well, but I don't think it did very well.  I only dinked around with it in its beta, so I'm not sure how that one ended up.

• JackieRyderJackieRyder Member UncommonPosts: 145
    they recently released dark seas on steam which is a repolishing of the game and they perfectly executed it, obsidian is getting more and more people everyday