Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are your impressions of BFA (Battle For Azeroth)?

124»

Comments

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited September 2018
    So after playing it...already bored. I unsubbed. Which never happened in Legion, and I was there at Legion launch all the way to the end.

Tried grinding 7th legion rep to play dark irons, but literally run out of content. You don't get 7th legion rep from quests or anything else, so its really limited every day how much you can get.

But that isn't the only boring thing. 

Azerite traits are boring as hell compared to Legion artifact traits. You don't even see the amulet on your character, so they never bothered to make a model of it you can show off like you could Legion artifacts. The legion artifacts were the best part of Legion...azerite amulet among the worst in BFA. And traits seem very limited compared to legion artifact traits...I kept getting the same traits over and over and over.

Also, it appears only 3 armors have traits...which means there is only 6 total traits you can have. Legion artifacts had far more than that.

The island expeditions are boring as hell grind. Its not even PvP. And the islands kept repeating themselves over and over with very slight changes to what happens on each island.

Can't continue the BFA story because need to do mythic dungeons. I don't do those, since I mostly PvP for endgame and then casual content by myself for PVE since I more like group pvp than group pve...so...can't continue the story, so can't do that content. In Legion I never ran into that problem.

And while this is 2nd hand knowledge...warfronts sound equally as bad. From my understanding its impossible to lose warfronts...also warfronts I guess aren't PvP either, you fight AI.

I liked Legion vastly more. This is worse for me than even WoD. At least that was fun for 2-3 months.

The only thing good at endgame is war mode. But that doesn't provide any actual content that you can't get in a better pvp MMO...like EVE Online or Darkfall or that Warhammer MMO. That isn't enough to have kept me subbed...but it was fun...just provides no actual content. No taking over territory for the horde (or alliance) or anything else. The pvp is like going into a call of duty match where killing someone means nothing.

And they didn't even make Island Expeditions or Warfronts have pvp at all...
    FrodoFragins

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 480
    Pro's
    Amazing looking expansion
    Immersive
    Good story writing
    Great voice acting
    Quirky new characters
    Directx 12
    Some innovative unique quests

Con's
    ilevel scaling feels quite broken
    Lacking end game (world quests and rep grind kills the game for me)
    Some classes/builds not performing so well
    Loot right across the board lacking
    Not a fan of the new Azerite gear and grind

I'm pretty sure Blizzard will fix most of the things lacking in this expansion. A bit disappointed with Blizzards lack of polish which they are renowned for. 
  • Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard Member LegendaryPosts: 8,455
    edited September 2018
    PsYcHoGBR said:

Some classes/builds not performing so well

Don't tell me. I faceroll things with my Horde Havok DH while I was sometimes struggling with my Alliance Frost DK. Even packs of 5+ mobs can't seem to significantly dent the health of my DPS DH...
    Of course, when in Blood spec, my DK can take a dozen of them and survive, but that's not the point.
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    CPU: Intel Core I7 9700k (4.90ghz) - GPU: ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER EVO 8GB DDR6 - RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Samsung U32J590 32" 4K monitor - Second display: Philips 273v 27" monitor - VR: Pimax 8K headset - Sound: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115

its quieted down now at least on my server (maybe cause it only goes to other RP servers). I don't see very many PvPers with warmode on. In fact, I turned it off cause there was a huge lack of people I encountered that actually had it on so it was kinda dead feeling. I imagine the first day or two though was terrible with it on.
    Mhhhh...not playing WoW, but I got curious about this statment.
    Are you saying that if you either have Warmode On or Off you end up in a different shard/instance? (even if you are in the same zone?)
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,118
    I got my horde druid to the main part of the storyline. . I think.  Then I got sucked into Rimworld again for some reason.

So. . not overwhelmingly positive but I am sure I will get into it again soon.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 734
    kitarad said:
    Took three days to level to 120 with a friend. Did a few dungeons, unlocked WQ's and started grinding dungeons. It's exactly what I thought it'd be. I'll be bored by the time Uldir rolls around. 
    Anyone who locust-consumes the leveling process is going to be bored.  That's not even reflective of the game itself.  Consuming content at a rate like that means, no matter what game you wanna play, you're either grinding daily-type reptitive content or you're bored.  No dev will keep up with the rate at which you're burning through content.

Locust-consumes? Please don't make baseless assumptions. It took me three days at an average of about three hours per evening to hit 120.
    That was more or less about how long it took me to get to 120. About 3 hours per day(ish) for about 3 days. Just doing the story quests and most of the zone quests along the way. I had honored with the three factions at the end.

I thought the story was pretty good through the zones, though. The cut scenes are pretty well done as is the voice acting. All the easter eggs, punny quests, and pop culture references along the way made it super enjoyable.
    Do you mean 9 hours or 72 hours ?

Three hours per day for three days.
    kitarad
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 6,259
    The amazing detail in Kul Tiras is so wonderful. I keep walking about just looking at everything. Those artist have really done a superb job. The music is also so good. I like the zones. Must try Horde too.
    MadFrenchie[Deleted User]cheyane

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    kitarad said:
    The amazing detail in Kul Tiras is so wonderful. I keep walking about just looking at everything. Those artist have really done a superb job. The music is also so good. I like the zones. Must try Horde too.
    Agreed.  If the progression and itemization of the expansion (including Azerite Armor) we're as awe-inspiring as the new zones, this would be a masterpiece of an expansion.

I've said elsewhere the zones and stories throughout are well worth it compared to any downsides of this release.
    Jean-Luc_Picard

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    edited September 2018
    I haden't played since I quit a month or so after TBC expansion released, so it's been a little over a decade since I last played... Considering that, there's quite a "content shock" I'm going through at how much the game has changed, and I'd say I'm really enjoying WoW again. Just finished all the Zandalar questline, PK'd aka "Ganked" a few in alliance areas, and been hunting for Transmog gear in Pandaria and Northrend with a friend.

I love how the world changes depending on quest progression. New races move in, setting up outposts, etc. Also enjoying the world PVP. I don't aggressively pursue it, but I enjoy the thrill when I happen upon an opportunity for it.

Also like how 120 is more of a soft cap for leveling, since you still need to level both gear, and your Azerite necklace in order to unlock upgrades for better gear. So the real progression really starts AT lvl 120, which keeps me happily hunting for better upgrades doing dungeons, world quests, and getting shat on by well geared Alliance players in open world.
    [Deleted User]