Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have your Pantheon Questions Answered – LIVE - Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen - MMORPG.com

Comments

• BluefishBluefish Member UncommonPosts: 96
    edited August 2018
    Allerleirauh said:

P.S. Why couldn't that person have a British accent? Just as many Brits play video games as Americans you know.

Ok so it was the American thing that touched a nerve was it? I won't ask why you think a country with 65 million people in it has as many players as a country with 320 million people, let's not bother with that.

And nope, I don't want to hear them, I'll do them the favour of not prattling on about my junk, but others aren't always as considerate. In my experience this especially applies to those from "the greatest country on the planet".

We do agree though that no voice chat is better.  
    Post edited by Bluefish on
  • BluefishBluefish Member UncommonPosts: 96
    edited August 2018

Sovrath said:

Bluefish said:

2) (this would never get answered but I'll ask it anyway.) Voice chat is far and away the biggest destroyer of atmosphere and immersion in games for me. Totalling ****ing ruins it. Have you any thoughts about how to deal with this. Have you considered a chat filter so that an elf sounds like an elf, not a fat sweaty basement dweller with an American accent? I don't know if such tech is viable but I can dream.

Actually this technology does exist. But that doesn't mean that using it will solve your problem.

So, if you have some guy who can't keep quiet and has to inform you of every aspect of his life, all you're going to get is the same stream of conversation but sounding like an elf or barbarian.

True. I didn't say it was a very well thought out idea! I still think it's better than nothing though.

I suppose if used in conjunction with a Role-playing server it might reduce the verbal spam. 
  • Kendaren62Kendaren62 Member CommonPosts: 1
    Will there be crafting and harvesting specific gear that enhances your character's ability to perform those activities?
  • HaplosHaplos Member UncommonPosts: 82
    Not a jab, just a question. I donated to play EQ next because your name was on it, and I knew I was going to play anyway. We know what happened. I am really excited to play this one, but that experience put me off prepaying to play. Do we know when this game will go beta so those of us that are hesitant to put money down on the come can actually pay to play?
  • tinnistinnis Member UncommonPosts: 41
    @Suzie Ford - you don't appear to have put the time this stream starts at?
  • blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615

Kumapon said:

I’ll ask the elephant in the room..

So what month in the year 2040 will this be released ? :D

Ouch, didn't get any laughs on Facebook so tried posting it here too huh?
     Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.
  • StevenWeberStevenWeber MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 110
    tinnis said:
    Hiya Tinnis!

GS2 usually starts every friday at 9PM CST, but because we're doing a 2 hour special we're starting it an hour early at 8PM CST. 

Sorry for not having this posted on the original article, we were waiting for confirmation on the time frame since we wanted to do a longer show. 

Also, for everyone out there wondering how long they have to put in questions, I'm going to put together all these questions you all asked and get them ready for the show tomorrow, so please keep them coming until then. 

If you still have questions, make sure you tune in, we will pull questions from the chat channels during the live stream as well.  
    WellspringtinnisMadFrenchie[Deleted User]Kilsin
  • GhalanGhalan Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Will all zones be in place for Alpha and/or Beta?
  • blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615
    On a thread on the pantheon forums regarding gear, Joppa has said the aim is for a stat soft cap at 50 and hard cap at 60 including gear, and stated hitting those values will be a huge challenge.  What will baseline stats without gear look like value wise? 

Along with that how much bloat can we expect to hp/Mana/endurance/etc from gear?  Will a max level character expect gear to double or triple base hp or will it be like most current MMOs where you have 200hp naked and 250,000 while in armor?
    maskedweasel
     Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.
    tinnis said:
    Hiya Tinnis!

GS2 usually starts every friday at 9PM CST, but because we're doing a 2 hour special we're starting it an hour early at 8PM CST. 

Sorry for not having this posted on the original article, we were waiting for confirmation on the time frame since we wanted to do a longer show.

the article also lacks a stream url (e.g. twitch channel or whatever).
    tinnis said:
    tinnis said:
    Hiya Tinnis!

the article also lacks a stream url (e.g. twitch channel or whatever).
    That'll all be posted on the day of, we'll do another post letting people know,  but GS2 goes out to all MMORPG and GameSpace Channels, so, Twitch, Youtube, Periscope, Facebook, Mixer, and then the Podcast will be published the following Sunday.  Generally as long as you're following one area of MMORPG or GameSpace we'll have you covered with the info.  But also, as mentioned one more post will be made (On Friday) with the links and reminding people to tune in Friday and where they can find us.  

I will say I've been very impressed with the in depth questions people have asked, things I haven't even really thought about in terms of how some classes were presented and the thoughts people have about them and how their mechanics work.  

The fans never cease to amaze me. Keep the questions coming guys! 
    [Deleted User]
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Will Ranged weapons have an ammunition mechanic in consumable form?  Something akin to what we saw in FFXI perhaps?
    maskedweasel
    edited August 2018
    Q: Will we see a druid point of view stream soon?

Q: how is the content portioned between "indoors" and "outdoors" quantity wise? [or say "end game" etc]
    Post edited by tinnis on
    maskedweasel
    edited August 2018
    Q: care to give more details about Wizard Gateways and Druid Wandering stones and how they might work and differ? 
    edited August 2018
    q: how prominent are enemies that interact with classes - such as the undead or animals - in the content. will undead have any advantages such as resistance or immunity to mez etc?

q: do druid's lack access to a rez? 

q: will the druid "fox" be controlled by a "pet bar" or just abilities on the player bar. care to talk about say the number of abilities we can slot and multiple bars etc in general? can the fox or tree be destroyed/damaged?

q: generally will classes be playing with "the same abilities" or will there be a amount of "specalisation" in their progression 
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    In EQ, dungeons and raids were the only viable venues for good loot, will this be the case in Pantheon?

Will you be implementing dynamic events, ala Rift / Warhammer Online?

Is grinding camps the only viable way to level?

Will you have any rewards and incentives for world exploration in the form of loot chests, XP gain, nuggets of lore, puzzles, achievements and so forth?

Will you be including skills / spells that are not just for combat, but also for roleplaying, quality of life and humor?

Will any of the game's content / world be dyanamic, destructible based on player choices and behaviors?

I know you intend class interdependence and requisite grouping for adventuring, but will the same be applied to crafting and gathering?  If no, then why not?

Bill_Braskey

• digitalellisdigitalellis Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Playing Enchanter was so much fun in EQ with how illusions would hide your name and other players wouldn't notice you while you were transformed, great for pvp! Will the Enchanter's spell Squee’s Mimicry allow us to hide from other players?
  • Bill_BraskeyBill_Braskey Member UncommonPosts: 2
    It was great seeing the Dire Lord in action and looking fun. Obviously, essence generation isn’t tuned yet, but once it is do you intend to keep a significant cooldown on healing skills like Abyssal Strike or will it rely more on the essence cost? If self-healing is strictly limited by cooldowns, it will difficult to scale up with incoming damage in raids, unlike mitigation. Is this an issue you’re concerned with addressing or is the expectation that in raids dire lords will find value in other ways such as being an off-tank or filling a niche role of mitigating magic damage.

Asheron's Call
    Bill Braskey 126+ Grief BM

City of Heroes
    Tide 33 Illusion Controller

edited August 2018
    q: how does "invisibility" work with the AI - e.g. druid's "Mantle of Leaves" or rogue "hide" [and what is the definition of a "magic" enemy]

q: is druid trait buff "Vale Hawk's Grace" a "double jump" and feather fall effect basically? will it be key to accessing some areas?

q: how will underwater content be dealt with in the context of the druid trait buff "Swiftgill's Fin" that grants faster swimming and water breathing?

q: how will progression/customisation work for such "minor class pets" as the shaman spirit companion, druid fox, wizard familar etc

q: What is the status of the bard and necromancer for launch or post release? [a lot of people raise the point that without the bard the enchanter dominates the 'cc/utility' role]

Post edited by tinnis on
    maskedweasel
  • Dixi01Dixi01 Member UncommonPosts: 54
    TwoTubes said:

Thupli said:

I work 40 hours a week and have a family. Would it be realistic for me to enjoy Pantheon and get to max level in 6 months playing 5 hours a week?

I hope not. That would mean some people will get there in a week.
    Game should be balanced more for players who play 40 hours a week. Then we can hope not see max_level-top-gear in a few days.
  • Kanthar01Kanthar01 Member CommonPosts: 1
    Hello, played EQ / EQ2 and VG and i'm very excited with Pantheon. Hope i will be able to enjoy it as a father ...

I really enjoyed the diplomacy mechanism of Vanguard and how the players could have an impact on others players (with buffs for example).
    1/Will such mechanism integrated in Pantheon ? Diplomacy or anything else allowing players to interact with the environment / cities / factions ?
    2/If so, could we imagine having dungeons or raids needed diplomats in order to be achieved or needed to open an harvest / craft area (for example) ?

Thanks for your efforts
    maskedweasel
    Lots of great questions everyone!  Just another few hours and then I'm going to compile them all for the team, so get in your questions early if you can!  If you miss the cut off - 5PM Eastern Time, you can always join us during the stream to ask your questions, but questions in this thread will be the first ones on the list.  
    [Deleted User]
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    In EQ, dungeons and raids were the only viable venues for good loot, will this be the case in Pantheon?

Will you be implementing dynamic events, ala Rift / Warhammer Online?

Is grinding camps the only viable way to level?

Will you have any rewards and incentives for world exploration in the form of loot chests, XP gain, nuggets of lore, puzzles, achievements and so forth?

Will you be including skills / spells that are not just for combat, but also for roleplaying, quality of life and humor?

Will any of the game's content / world be dyanamic, destructible based on player choices and behaviors?

I know you intend class interdependence and requisite grouping for adventuring, but will the same be applied to crafting and gathering?  If no, then why not?

Ooh, I'm interested in alternate leveling content ala chests, exploration, etc..  It would be awesome to have randomly spawning chests, tomes, scrolls, etc. That require exploration to find but that provide enough XP or other reward to warrant groups actively exploring to search them out.  Seems like a lot of opportunity to expand PvE into more than just "travel to specific camp, sit there until group falls apart."
    Sovrath[Deleted User]

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    What is Brad's response to allegations he took 1/3 of funds raised for Pantheon to pay for expenses unrelated to the project in May 2014?:

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/412151/brad-mcquaid-looted-45k-of-the-crowdfunding

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    What is Brad's response to allegations he took 1/3 of funds raised for Pantheon to pay for expenses unrelated to the project in May 2014?:

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/412151/brad-mcquaid-looted-45k-of-the-crowdfunding
    I doubt we'd hear about it, even if it was asked, but more importantly it's somewhat a moot point right now as the game is in a playable state, has funding and making its way towards release. 

[Deleted User]PhaserlightSovrathAmathe