Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gameforge to Publish GoE Starting Sep 1st Minus Any Insel Games Involvement - Guardians of Ember - M

ShelassaShelassa MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 616
edited August 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageGameforge to Publish GoE Starting Sep 1st Minus Any Insel Games Involvement - Guardians of Ember - MMORPG.com

Guardians of Ember News - According to a new post on the MMORewards.com site, Guardians of Ember will be published by Gameforge beginning on September 1st without any involvement from Insel Games, the publisher that was booted from Steam for review manipulation. Gameforge will be taking over publication duties for both North America and Europe, with news about account and game data migration set to be announced soon.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Welp, RIP. Gameforge, where games go to die.
    SabracNitemareMMOrojoArcueid
  • DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432
    Was a dead game anyway.
    LeFantomeHugor49
  • LavecLavec Member UncommonPosts: 43
    "none of the previous Product or Community Managers will no longer be involved from September 1 2018". Hmmmm. Unless the are all no longer involved, or none still involved, that statement says nothing.
    GreatnessBillMurphySamhael
  • ceh430ceh430 Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Gameforge... they are like Kenshiro
    they can kill already dead games :P

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Wasn't the game originally running on a skeleton crew anyway? Sounds to me the old team was just cashing out cause the numbers weren't good.
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    This was the game that the lead guy was telling his employees to leave fake reviews on steam right?

Btw honestly the game have potential, but it will need at least another 2-3 years of development(content) before it can stand a chance of surviving. With games like PoE and D4(?:D) and even Grim Dawn I don't see it being a competitor in any way in it's current state.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Every time I see thread on this game I mistakenly think Embers of Caerus.
  • seratinseratin Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Are they going to remove the dungeon keys system, because if not "same stuff, different dev".
  • KataalKataal Member UncommonPosts: 173
    edited August 2018

This was the game that the lead guy was telling his employees to leave fake reviews on steam right?

Btw honestly the game have potential, but it will need at least another 2-3 years of development(content) before it can stand a chance of surviving. With games like PoE and D4(?:D) and even Grim Dawn I don't see it being a competitor in any way in it's current state.

It is the same publisher (Insel Games), but the game they had the review scandal with was Wild Buster. This game definitely has potential, and though I'm weary of Gameforge, I'm hoping their resources will help it find a wider audience. Still curious if it will remain b2p or get a free trial/go f2p.
    Xingbairong
  • Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    Doesn't sound like it's in good shape. Been wanting to give this game a try..
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

Torval said:

snip

Wouldnt blame this on Valve.
    Nothing wrong with encouraging owners of the game to leave reviews regardless of employee or not.
    HOWEVER... youre twisting the story because he did alot more than that. He actively told people that he would reimburse all employee's buying the game and leaving reviews.
    Thats bribing and deserves a capital offense from Valve.
    If you do that in any company with any product, you have a lawsuit on your ass.
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • SabracSabrac Member UncommonPosts: 138
    edited August 2018

Torval said:

snip

Wouldnt blame this on Valve.

Nothing wrong with encouraging owners of the game to leave reviews regardless of employee or not.

HOWEVER... youre twisting the story because he did alot more than that. He actively told people that he would reimburse all employee's buying the game and leaving reviews.

Thats bribing and deserves a capital offense from Valve.

If you do that in any company with any product, you have a lawsuit on your ass.

Not only that, but he was basically threatening his employees to leave those positive reviews since there was some of his employees that didn't want to do that scummy thing, at the end an anonymous employee ended tiping valve on the situation and they took action and removed their games (which is to be expected).

What @Torval said about the edgy and harsh reviews while i agree that sometimes people can be childish and unfair leaving reviews, i still like the review system of steam since most of the time can give a decent insight on a game before you buy it, (i don't think a few bad apples should spoil the whole barrel).
  • Cyber_wastelandCyber_wasteland Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Game could have been good but was complete crap even with out the crappy company doing some shady shit on the side. I wanted to like this one, but the stats were wonky nothing seemed to be right, the gameplay was crap.

Maybe Game Forge will work on it and clean up the issues.....but doubt it.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    The outcome of this data migration...

The Good: glad I haven't bought the game

The Bad: sad I didn't get to play this game

The Ugly: It's Gameforge!