Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Before you support Bethesda with Fallout 76 or any of their future games...

2»

Comments

• WBadgerWBadger Member UncommonPosts: 250
    None of their past business practices influence whether I'm going to buy their game in the future or not. 

Bethesda are not my friends.  We aren't buddies, I'm not taking them out to drink; I'm just buying games from them.  All of those acts would make me not want to interact with the people who make said decisions on a personal level, but it has no bearing on me because
    A. unless you're in the board room with them there's no possible way of actually know what transpired between the two parties since victory is written by the winners, and
    B. if a game is not interesting to me then I won't buy it; but I'm not going to deny myself an interesting game just because of some brand loyalty which is an absurd belief to begin with.  Unless you're Jesus himself; you have some form of skeleton in your closet.  There's no such thing as a company without them.

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,039
    Wankyudo said:
    None of their past business practices influence whether I'm going to buy their game in the future or not. 

Bethesda are not my friends.  We aren't buddies, I'm not taking them out to drink; I'm just buying games from them.  All of those acts would make me not want to interact with the people who make said decisions on a personal level, but it has no bearing on me because
    A. unless you're in the board room with them there's no possible way of actually know what transpired between the two parties since victory is written by the winners, and
    B. if a game is not interesting to me then I won't buy it; but I'm not going to deny myself an interesting game just because of some brand loyalty which is an absurd belief to begin with.  Unless you're Jesus himself; you have some form of skeleton in your closet.  There's no such thing as a company without them.

Regardless of where the decision came from, past business practices indicate future ones.

I absolutely consider past behavior before doing business with a company.  Not on a personal level, but on a consumer level.

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 1,902
    Elsabolts said:
    Just looks like business to me.
    This, the other guys are out of business Bethesda is still in business.  I like their games. Nothing to see here.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 9,727
    If all these companies want to ruin each other they can do it. As long as they don't try to screw up the consumers that pay for their games then we are fine.