Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Update on player dungeons :)

DracSchniderDracSchnider Member UncommonPosts: 223

Player Made Dungeon Update

In the past week we have had design kickoff meetings for several game systems including Fishing (Phase 2) and Player Made Dungeons. We will be posting more about Fishing (Phase 2) soon! In exciting news we have been able to make faster progress on Player Made Dungeons than expected due to how much it uses underlying systems like our basements. While we had originally planned this for an Episode 2 feature we now believe we can have a version of the system up and running as soon as Q4 of this year without affecting our work on other systems like Fishing! To kick off the upcoming launch of this exciting player made content we are going make available five dungeon entrances, along with five static example dungeons in Release 57. One dungeon entrance and one example dungeon will be craftable, four will be purchasable from the Add On Store.

The included static example dungeons, complete with creatures and loot, will vary in point size and difficulty level and can be used until the player built dungeon feature goes live. When the player built dungeons feature goes live in Q4 2018, the example dungeons will vanish and be replaced by an entry room but the player will receive the blueprints to all the pieces needed to rebuild the dungeon (some assembly required!). Player built dungeons will be expandable and customizable with in-game craftable rooms and/or Add On Store rooms.  As a bonus the Add On Store Dungeons include a Unity asset pack of dungeon rooms and hallways that you can experiment with using Unity which is free for non-professionals to download!

Tomb Entrance plus 50 Point Dungeon (craftable)

This sarcophagus can be crafted to use as the entrance to your dungeon. There will also be a craftable 50 point example static dungeon, complete with creatures and loot, for low level players that can be used until the player built dungeon feature goes live.

Ancient Tome Dungeon Entrance plus 50 Point Dungeon

This Ancient Tome Dungeon Entrance Eternal Pattern will allow you to modify your basic craftable dungeon entrance to look like a magical book, much like the one that leads to the Compendium of Pain and Suffering. While compact in size the striking visual effects emanating from the book will be sure to draw attention. The included dungeon is a 50 point example static dungeon, complete with creatures and loot, for low level players that can be used until the player built dungeon feature goes live.

Magic Mirror Dungeon Entrance plus 75 Point Dungeon

This Magic Mirror Entrance Eternal Pattern will allow you to modify your basic craftable dungeon entrance to look like a Magic Mirror much like what is found in the Isle of Storms and New You Shops. This compact entrance easily fits indoors or outdoors. The included dungeon is a 75 point example static dungeon, complete with creatures and loot, aimed at mid-level players. When the player built dungeon feature goes live in

Ruined Stone Arch Dungeon Entrance plus 100 Point Dungeon

This Ruined Stone Arch Dungeon Entrance Eternal Pattern will allow you to modify your basic craftable dungeon entrance to look like the stone arches that indicate the exits in many scenes. While placeable both indoors and outdoors this is a large entrance so be sure you have plenty of floorspace and high ceilings if you are planning on using this indoors! The included dungeon is a 100 point example static dungeon, complete with creatures and loot, aimed at high-level players.

Circle of Stones Rift Dungeon Entrance plus 125 Point Dungeon

This Circle of Stones Dungeon Entrance Eternal Pattern will allow you to modify your basic craftable dungeon entrance to look like a circle of stones with a magical portal in the center (much like the Lunar Rifts). While placeable both indoors and outdoors this is a large entrance so be sure you have plenty of floorspace and high ceilings if you are planning on using this indoors! The included dungeon is a 125 point example static dungeon, complete with creatures and loot, aimed at end-game players. Do not expect to conquer this place holder dungeon without help from some friends!

Xee2018

Comments

• VladamirBegemotVladamirBegemot Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Yeah, this is going to be cool. They are really going all out on the sandbox. I'm sitting in a big arena right now at a PvP tournament, but if you compare that to what we'll be able to build with the dungeons this thing is small.

Chis talking in video about the dungeons: 

Sorry, didn't see this thread when I posted the link to the video in the other.
    Xee2018
  • Xee2018Xee2018 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    This is pretty Awesome! I was telling our guild yesterday that I can't wait.  Bought one of each type of entrance from the store ones, and will craft the basic ones next patch.  This is going to be another pro for the Player towns over the NPC towns.  Being that I am GM Enchanter / Master craft I look forward to using my top items as quest rewards for the stuff we are planning. 

We spent almost 3 months planning out Silverdale Market which was a huge success.  Less then 3 weeks all the properties were taken and we have to expand twice already to keep up.  Now we leveled off with around 70 peoples with houses / shops in the town.

We plan to have a few small dungeons in Silverdale to go with the back story and lore.  As well Ep2 I have a new Adventure zone town coming which will be strictly a quest / dungeon zone.  That has me the most excited.  Player town (not player) Dungeons will be so massive and love that they took ideas from some of the D&D type dungeon builders to allow room / hall connections etc.  As well that it will be crafted using blueprints for all the types / styles.  Time to start collecting alot of materials.  

Xee
    DracSchniderVladamirBegemot
  • blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466
    100$ for some DLC that isn't created yet?

You think this will happen?  They can't even get physical rewards delivered and those were promised many times since Kickstarter, guaranteed by the end of Q2 this year and all that was paid for in 2013.

The have telethon business every week now and reduced their staff because lack of funding.  They said they prioritized layoffs for bug fixes so they let go all their content creators.  They have one artist on payroll.

Good luck.

JamesGoblin
  • DracSchniderDracSchnider Member UncommonPosts: 223

You think this will happen?  They can't even get physical rewards delivered and those were promised many times since Kickstarter, guaranteed by the end of Q2 this year and all that was paid for in 2013.

The have telethon business every week now and reduced their staff because lack of funding.  They said they prioritized layoffs for bug fixes so they let go all their content creators.  They have one artist on payroll.

Good luck.

You need to lay of the Trump injections :)  I recommend you log into the test servers as we are not allowed to discuss what is or isn't ;)

Physical rewards are shipping out by next month.  As well Amazon will be selling the none reward boxed version next month as well.  so your box will arrive unless you live outside of USA and didn't pay for the extra postage which I am sure you will rant about next :)

blorpykinsJamesGoblin

Good luck.

You need to lay of the Trump injections :)  I recommend you log into the test servers as we are not allowed to discuss what is or isn't ;)

Physical rewards are shipping out by next month.  As well Amazon will be selling the none reward boxed version next month as well.  so your box will arrive unless you live outside of USA and didn't pay for the extra postage which I am sure you will rant about next :)

How do you know they'll ship next month?  What official information do you have to support this claim?
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 23,359
    Xee2018 said:
    This is pretty Awesome! I was telling our guild yesterday that I can't wait.  Bought one of each type of entrance from the store ones, and will craft the basic ones next patch.  This is going to be another pro for the Player towns over the NPC towns.  Being that I am GM Enchanter / Master craft I look forward to using my top items as quest rewards for the stuff we are planning. 

We spent almost 3 months planning out Silverdale Market which was a huge success.  Less then 3 weeks all the properties were taken and we have to expand twice already to keep up.  Now we leveled off with around 70 peoples with houses / shops in the town.

We plan to have a few small dungeons in Silverdale to go with the back story and lore.  As well Ep2 I have a new Adventure zone town coming which will be strictly a quest / dungeon zone.  That has me the most excited.  Player town (not player) Dungeons will be so massive and love that they took ideas from some of the D&D type dungeon builders to allow room / hall connections etc.  As well that it will be crafted using blueprints for all the types / styles.  Time to start collecting alot of materials.  

Xee
    Welcome to the boards! Always good to see new to the boards role-players on here.
    JamesGoblin

Good luck.

How do you know they'll ship next month?  What official information do you have to support this claim?
    I can respond to this one, it was brought up in the last twitch stream last week, as well Amazon has the boxes now listed for order.   like all things in life there are delays sometimes.  I once kick started a Pi-Juice battery which was to be out a year ago.  never saw it... then a month ago it just showed up after I thought they took all my money all 4 units I ordered came.   At least with SOTA we get updates regularly from them on status of all.  
    blorpykins
    Scot said:
    Xee2018 said:

Xee
    Welcome to the boards! Always good to see new to the boards role-players on here.
    Cheers Scot.

Xee
    JamesGoblin
  • JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    Scot said:
    Xee2018 said:

Xee
    Absolutely, welcome! Please, don't misunderstand our attempts to open your eyes - it's always nice to see new faces, especially if they stay for longer.
    DracSchniderAragon100Octagon7711
     W...aaagh?
    Xee2018 said:

Good luck.

I can respond to this one, it was brought up in the last twitch stream last week, as well Amazon has the boxes now listed for order.   like all things in life there are delays sometimes.  I once kick started a Pi-Juice battery which was to be out a year ago.  never saw it... then a month ago it just showed up after I thought they took all my money all 4 units I ordered came.   At least with SOTA we get updates regularly from them on status of all.  
    Remember this sentiment in two years when they're still trying to fix dungeons. LIL
    DracSchnider
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,674
    Xee2018 said:

Good luck.

Remember this sentiment in two years when they're still trying to fix dungeons. LIL
    Still open after 2 years, didn't realize you were an optimist. 

;)
    SovrathJamesGoblinXee2018

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Dungeons entrances are purchasable?
    That's one step short of charging for air...

That's just bad marketing in my opinion.
    JamesGoblin
    just the skins are, the dungeon entrance is in game through the blacksmith or deco merchant for 250gold which gives  you a tomb entrance.  If you buy the store entrances they are skins and have to be applied to the dungeon tomb one. 
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    TEKK3N said:

Personally this makes me think the entire feature is going to be lackluster to garbage if all they can show is dungeon entrance skins.

Where is the video of someone building a dungeon?
    JamesGoblin

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

Nilden said:
    TEKK3N said:

Personally this makes me think the entire feature is going to be lackluster to garbage if all they can show is dungeon entrance skins.

Where is the video of someone building a dungeon?
    The full edit is not in the game until the next 2 patches.  Chris (Dev) on twitch showed off the editor and how to build the dungeons.  Its modular.  entrance will have points where you can connect to with rooms or halls etc.  if nothing connected to the point it fills it with a deadend wall.

they have many types of materials, and looks for halls, T halls, L halls etc, as well so many room types.  Some will allow you to decorate fully others limited.  rooms, halls etc are blueprints which are drops, crafted or store bought (store ones are just different skins)  All monsters and boss rooms are dropped only in game from what they stated.  Traps etc will be place-able as well basic mobs.  Example you want spiders in your dungeon you will have to go out and harvest eggs to craft a spawner for your dungeon.   Its very D&D like.  think grid paper dungeons and how people made those.  They do have stairs and ramps up and down so dungeons can have levels.

They have not shown off the player quest mechanics yet which is another part where you can design scripts etc for NPC's as well animations / actions.   One example they mentioned you could have an NPC in a hot-tub drinking beer that opens dialog with you for a quest.

the dungeons they release last patch which are samplers of some room blueprints and halls look freaking awesome.    This alone has peaked alot of interest form the players.  You will be able to start off with various sizes and expand them using gold like that of bank slots.  a 50 point dungeon can go up 25 points for say 2000 gold (this is just a number I put in, they stated it was not going to be expensive to expand)  They have not stated there is a limit to size, however they did state you would be able to make dungeons bigger then what the game has currently.

I dont think this will be lackluster at all, with all the mechanics we have seen already from chris on the basic creation it will be pretty amazing.   the only downside I see is that you have to craft each blueprint and once crafted it eats the blueprint.  That means you can't just replicate the rooms you have to get more blueprints to keep building.  As well the materials in game will go up in costs as you will need alot to build some of the rooms.  one example they gave which is not exact but to describe.  A lich room for example could require a few thousand granite and prehaps 100 lich skulls to make.  So farming for resources is going to be very important.  blueprints will become a hot item.  The sky is the limit on these.  Add in your own decor to make it the way you want it to look this expands is further.

Another bonus to all of this is you can replace your basements with this and have a basement of your own design with monsters. or just make your own non dungeon basement with rooms.   Wish they did this for house :) would be neat to have houses with door a portal into a creation.  maybe in the future.
    Kyleran
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    edited September 2018
    just the skins are, the dungeon entrance is in game through the blacksmith or deco merchant for 250gold which gives  you a tomb entrance.  If you buy the store entrances they are skins and have to be applied to the dungeon tomb one. 
    Ok, so you are saying that everyone can create any dungeon without additional charge?
    TEKK3N said:
    just the skins are, the dungeon entrance is in game through the blacksmith or deco merchant for 250gold which gives  you a tomb entrance.  If you buy the store
    Ok, so you are saying that everyone can create any dungeon without additional charge?
    you bet :)
    Yes, you can get the recipe for the crafted version of the entrance from npc.  Once they release the next two patches the sample dungeons you get with the crafted entrance turn into blueprints.  After that all start with just the first room and have to build from that point forward. 
    DracSchnider
    edited September 2018
    More information on dungeons confirmed:

-Chris is trying to get the first version of the dungeon editor out R58.  In R59 it may change abit to make the interface easier to link the point rooms.

-There will be NPC's that you can script the dialog as well their actions.

-Dungeon Teleports that allow you to link dungeons (They are still working out if they will allow you to link across POTS or just to other dungeons with in the POT)

-Two types of rooms (Décor ones, and encounter ones)  Encounter ones don't allow you to decorate as much to prevent exploits where Décor ones allow full décor.

-1k gold = 20 points then next 20points is 2k and so on it scales up in costs. (this was the last update on cost to expand)

-All encounter rooms can be leveled up with (totems, or what ever they are going to call them)
    this allows rooms to be made into epic encounters

-Each type of encounter room requires you to farm the type of encounter in the room for materials to make it. (example lich will require x lich skills etc.)

-Dungeon points to start are lot sized based. 

-Dungeons can be magic moved / stored

-Not yet decided but they are talking multiple dungeons per lot as a possibility.  They are still deciding on this.

-There will be hidden walls, breakable walls, bookshelf doors.

Post edited by DracSchnider on
    Xee2018VladamirBegemot
    I watched that last dungeon twitch stream that is pretty awesome.  a week and abit until we get that first taste can't wait sir.
    VladamirBegemotKyleran
    2 more days then Dungeon phase 2 is out!  we can start building woot woot.
    People are massively consuming the granite in the game. I haven't stated building yet because we've been taming wyverns though!
    JamesGoblin
    I have been hunting Dungeon recipes and blueprints, I think out of the current ones known in game I'm only missing the Hilt ones.  I am not building either yet as I am waiting for more to enter next patch as well the point increase.  IMO no point in building until they allow the point increase and until you have enough parts to properly plan the design.  nothing like making a dungeon and getting a nice room which you want to place earlier in the build then having to rebuild lol. 
    VladamirBegemot
    I built some rooms to check them out. The 3x3 was a lot bigger than I thought it would be.

The interface isn't bad, would certainly prefer more drag and drop but they said it's a an early rendition. Good start, looking forward to having MORE POWER!
    Kyleran