Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ads crashing the site

GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 5,370
Some of these adds you have(not the background ones, the small ones) tend to lock mmorpg.com in the loop on Edge. So I had, unfortunately, to activate the Ad Blocker.

Look into it, yeah?

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 19,715
    Yeah, there are definitely some ads doing something malicious.  I don't know what they are, but they intermittently lock up my browser (Opera) while trying to type out a post.  It makes it so that I have to block ads in order to post anything.  It's less annoying but still a problem when otherwise trying to navigate the site.
    Gorwe
  • GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 5,370
    Quizzical said:
    Yeah, there are definitely some ads doing something malicious.  I don't know what they are, but they intermittently lock up my browser (Opera) while trying to type out a post.  It makes it so that I have to block ads in order to post anything.  It's less annoying but still a problem when otherwise trying to navigate the site.
    Lock up followed by a site reload?
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 19,715
    It's more like being locked up every other second or so.  It's a huge pain to type when the letters don't appear when they should.  I end up having to copy what I've typed so far, then turn on the ad blocker, which reloads the page without the offending ad, and then paste the copied text and finish the post.
  • btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 404
    Yes for god's sake, fix your site.  It is ridiculous... SO MUCH SO AS TO DRIVE PEOPLE AWAY.