Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Not So MMO: Red Dead Redemption 2: Official Gameplay Video

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 2,174
edited August 9 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Not So MMO: Red Dead Redemption 2: Official Gameplay Video

MMORPG.com is the leading destination for MMORPG games, news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

MadFrenchie

Comments

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 5,683
    Does Xbox One means it will be available for the PC?
  • SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 28,962
    Xasapis said:
    I don't think so. I'm 99% sure it's console-exclusive. PR materials made no mention of "Windows 10" or "PC". :confounded:
    ArskaaainfomatzMrMelGibson

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• VoidfarerVoidfarer Member UncommonPosts: 88
    My Gawd! I never played the first but I might have to pre order this for my X1X!
  • WellspringWellspring Member RarePosts: 920

SBFord said:

Xasapis said:

I don't think so. I'm 99% sure it's console-exclusive. PR materials made no mention of "Windows 10" or "PC". :confounded:

Bah!
    Samhaelmazut
    --------------------------------------------
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 499
    This looked soooo god!
    With that one, they got me now.
    thunderC
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member EpicPosts: 7,315
    Almost makes me want to go out and buy a console... almost.
    thunderCSamhaelrodingomazut
    “And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.”  ― Haruki Murakami
  • aleczaleczaleczalecz Member UncommonPosts: 5

Almost makes me want to go out and buy a console... almost.

Don't Do that!Don't encourage Rockstar's crappy way to release games!The hunger for money will make them to release for pc some time after console release...GTA 5 style.MONEY MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND!
    Alverantjpedrote52mazut
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member UncommonPosts: 1,155
    pity its only for consoles. not gonna buy console just for 1 game.
    AlverantXodicSamhael
  • DemogorgonDemogorgon Member UncommonPosts: 319
    edited August 9
    MMO's sure could take a few notes.

"Create a living world that's not simply open, but deeper. More interactive and detailed then ever."

"The world is alive and respond to the player."

"Your guns aren't the only way to interact with the environment."

"Confrontation can be escalated or diffused, you can form friendship or make enemies has YOU choose."

"Your action have consequences and it is up to YOU to decide just how honorable Arthur is."

"Make combat deep and engaging at all times."

"Realistic" (game mechanics)

"Rich and varied ecosystem thrive in the world, full of predators, preys and scavengers. All smart and sometimes deadly."
    Post edited by Demogorgon on
    pantarometareal
  • ScarranScarran Member UncommonPosts: 80
    I must admit I was probably going to pass on this one, but after seeing this its back on my radar. Graphically it looks really nice and some of the scenery in the video looked stunning. The gameplay looks to be really good but I dislike the options being on the bottom right, taking your eyes off the action.

I will wait and see what the reviews say though before fully committing. As im not fully convinced their won't be some money grabbing tactic involved like they have done in GTA Online. Which for me is a mess at this moment in time, with exploits and money grabbing shark cards.
    Sabrac
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member RarePosts: 3,803

SBFord said:

Xasapis said:

Bah!

There's a lot of hints and even 'mistakes' made by devs that suggest they are developing a PC version. Just Google Red Dead 2 PC and you'll see it all.
    WellspringSabracSaltyDog79
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member UncommonPosts: 2,746

Arskaaa said:

pity its only for consoles. not gonna buy console just for 1 game.

When Final Fantasy 7 released, I bought a PSX just to play it. Some games are worth it. Of course, I eventually bought dozens of games for it, but I bought it for one.
    Torval

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• AmatheAmathe Member EpicPosts: 3,673
    I keep watching the video believing there must be an elf or a space zombie in there somewhere.
    AsheramSabracinfomatz

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• Ronald88Ronald88 Member UncommonPosts: 38
    edited August 9
    Im sure that RDR 2 will come to PC at some date. They have made way to much money with GTA Online on PC to miss that.
    Post edited by Ronald88 on
    TorvalSabracmetareal
  • thunderCthunderC Member RarePosts: 1,501
    The only reason iv had a console for the past 5 or so years has been Madden football, With the launch of Madden on PC this year i thought i was finally going to say goodbye to console's..... smh
    Wellspring
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 8,489
    My Xbox One X is ready :-)
    Voidfarer
    Xbox One X
    Samsung MU6300 4K HDR Ultra HD
    Sony HT-CT80 Soundbar

• WellspringWellspring Member RarePosts: 920

SBFord said:

Xasapis said:

Bah!

There's a lot of hints and even 'mistakes' made by devs that suggest they are developing a PC version. Just Google Red Dead 2 PC and you'll see it all.

I guess that make sense... If it is being developed for PC with a later launch date, then keeping it a secret for now will help to sell more PS4 and XBOX copies initially (since people, who would normally prefer to buy it on PC, will buy it on the console if that's perceived as the only option).

Thanks @TheDarkrayne for keeping hope alive!
    --------------------------------------------
  • X-ranfeX-ranfe Member CommonPosts: 15
    It's amazing how the world is detailed.
    Torvalmetareal
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 17,218
    Amathe said:
    I keep watching the video believing there must be an elf or a space zombie in there somewhere.
    Well, I thought I saw a flash of a gator. Maybe this is set in the wild west of Florida? There aren't a lot of gators out west except for sideshow stuff. I'm sure there's a good explanation for it. I just thought it funny to see that in a wild west video.

X-ranfe said:
    It's amazing how the world is detailed.
    My thoughts too. It hit the 19th Century western vibe right on.
    silent protagonist, dirty mmo gamer, filthy casual
  • NoradXIIXNoradXIIX Member UncommonPosts: 174
    There was another game similar to this, cant remember. the name. what. was it... Wild wild, wild wess... nahhhh, NVM this is the SHI`** Im waiting for!
    The online part is suppose to be wicked!
    PC version will come, but probably next year or so..

MMO-Hunter/Spethz
    Spetzzon@hotmail.com

• AsheramAsheram Member RarePosts: 3,014
    edited August 9
    So is LA Noir the only Rockstar game that you are not forced to play as a criminal in? Its a shame that they bottleneck such a large "open world"  to play in by forcing you to play a set protagonist rather than having a character creation tool and a choice to play as a non criminal. Sure you can decide how "honorable" a criminal the main character is, but even if you dont make him a psychopath the bottom line is that he is still a criminal.

I enjoyed the first one because you wasn't really running around being a criminal robbing banks and stuff, you was being forced to hunt down the other criminals that were in your old gang. I dont really see the motivation with this one though, its almost like its morphing into GTA.
    Post edited by Asheram on
    TorvalNyteWytchSabracinfomatzmetareal
  • AmatheAmathe Member EpicPosts: 3,673
    Torval said:
    Well, I thought I saw a flash of a gator.
    Not a gator. Space zombie larva. 
    Torval

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• AsheramAsheram Member RarePosts: 3,014
    Amathe said:
    Torval said:
    Well, I thought I saw a flash of a gator.
    Not a gator. Space zombie larva. 
    It was a space zombie gator.
    AmatheTorvalinfomatz
  • StizzledStizzled Member RarePosts: 1,824
    This had damn well better come to PC at some point.

I'd like to hear more about multiplayer as well. Can we expect GTA Online set in the wild west?
  • XarkoXarko Member RarePosts: 861
    SBFord said:
    Xasapis said:

TorvalAsheraminfomatz