Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is this the penultimate nail in this garbage

Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
https://steamcommunity.com/games/681660/announcements/detail/1698306386979461599

so just about 3 months from release they have reduced their price down to under $10 for the game, is this the penultimate nail in coffin, i reckon 8-10 weeks until the f2p version comes out.
Can't think of a game that has tanked as much as this one given the hype (i for one was semi-hyped) closest i can think of was AoC back in the day, but at least that kept going..

So goodbye hopefully to this trash.

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

Comments

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    good thing I waited :)

now when it hit f2p I will think in playing and see how it goes, and with luck they will ahve fixed the issues, if not, hey it was free :p
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Sadly i feel the idea of non p2w is always the target goal but devs will TRY to veer from that idea for a short while until all cash flow is exhausted.
    The mmorpg genre is just so frustrating to watch dev after dev,nobody wants to complete a AAA game,they all have a couple gimmicks then immediately game is done,ready for sale,let the marketing begin.
    I am not even really sure anymore where the realistic game world crowd is anymore,not even sure there is a decent market for the genre.Even this very minute i see players inside of FFXI and the ONLY thing they want to do is get the BEST gear and that is also the chat spam...what is best weapon,what is best gear for so and so class.
    Seems nobody wants to invest in a living world and living out a life,they want very superficial fast loot+levels instead and NOTHING more.
    Now that i think about it,the vast majority are playing mmorpg's exactly like the Diablo's,a very simple superficial game style.Kill kill get loot and more loot.
    HarikenjimmywolfSorill

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Why the weird 67% number though. 
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Wizardry said:
    Sadly i feel the idea of non p2w is always the target goal but devs will TRY to veer from that idea for a short while until all cash flow is exhausted.
    The mmorpg genre is just so frustrating to watch dev after dev,nobody wants to complete a AAA game,they all have a couple gimmicks then immediately game is done,ready for sale,let the marketing begin.
    I am not even really sure anymore where the realistic game world crowd is anymore,not even sure there is a decent market for the genre.Even this very minute i see players inside of FFXI and the ONLY thing they want to do is get the BEST gear and that is also the chat spam...what is best weapon,what is best gear for so and so class.
    Seems nobody wants to invest in a living world and living out a life,they want very superficial fast loot+levels instead and NOTHING more.
    Now that i think about it,the vast majority are playing mmorpg's exactly like the Diablo's,a very simple superficial game style.Kill kill get loot and more loot.
    This 100%
    I just feel the people playing mmo's are not the people i used play with. The genre seems to be more about the drama than anything else these days. I would never want to be a mmo game dev today. Having to be forced to deal with the player community has to be the worse part of the job. These games used to have community managers for that. Its telling that no AAA studios are making mmo's like they used to. Its a no win mind game to deal with. 
  • yucklawyersyucklawyers Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Not sure they use developers any more. That would imply they are developing something... the biggest change for me in the MMORPG world is that they no longer do that, instead they copy. Code monkeys copy. It's much cheaper, every new game has some novelty even if it's just the name of NPC's or towns, but the underlying sameness drives players away in the end.
  • jimmywolfjimmywolf Member UncommonPosts: 292
    Hariken said:
    Wizardry said:
    This 100%
    I just feel the people playing mmo's are not the people i used play with. The genre seems to be more about the drama than anything else these days. I would never want to be a mmo game dev today. Having to be forced to deal with the player community has to be the worse part of the job. These games used to have community managers for that. Its telling that no AAA studios are making mmo's like they used to. Its a no win mind game to deal with. 
    not trying dismiss either of your opinions but are you sure your played MMO's ? or just wander around as a causal player and assumed that was end game.

their was never a point in any successful MMO that was not about either end game loot or PVP, i started with EQ, true i love exploring the world but i very much wanted better loot so I grouped and camp for said loot.

i guess you could argue  SWG was 99%  just player having fun but that game felt very shallow even before the broken patches that divided the gamers on it and it's a dead game.

maybe their some other F2P games that fill that niche am missing but that very much the minority thing, any game with million + players will not last more then a year if all you offer is a random world to look at. you need content and since that cost devs time and money they go with grinds for loot or pvp.

think the closest game to enjoying the world mixing in a sandbox feel is BDO and that still has forced pvp an grinds, thu i would be happy if others copy the idea and tune it more for pve and less a game about  " give me your money ", will see what happens in time.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Whether the game is P2P, B2P or F2P, it doesn't really matter, a bad game will fail regardless, just as a good game succeeds regardless of the way its monetised, well, short of going full retard with the cash shop that is, though some companies seem to get away with that kind of thing, XLGames springs to mind. :/
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited September 2018
    Phry said:
    Whether the game is P2P, B2P or F2P, it doesn't really matter, a bad game will fail regardless, just as a good game succeeds regardless of the way its monetised, well, short of going full retard with the cash shop that is, though some companies seem to get away with that kind of thing, XLGames springs to mind. :/
    I wish what you said was true but many, many good games fail to make enough money while many, many bad games sell by the truckload. Unless with succesful you mean appreciated by its fans, then good and bad games can be equally (un) succesful. M

Marketing, F2P, movie tie ins etc. etc. These are huge factors in deciding whether or not a game is succesful besides quality. I do wish what you said was actually true though...

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Kyleran
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer