Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - things you can currently do in game (Status: Alpha 3.2)

124»

Comments

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    MaxBacon said:
    rodarin said:
    Bwaaahaaahaaa I LOVE these "things will speed up once they....(fill in the blank)". T
    Did you say anything mister "less than 500 people in the whole internet care about SC"?

I can formulate and fundament my arguments in stuff that has some logic to it, now you... you should look at yourself in the mirror before coming here with "white knights this, white knights that", lol
    nice deflection. If people went through your posts they would see exactly what I was talking about. You are the prime example of making claims of how things were going to speed up at each and every turn and your giddiness over Lumberyard was palpable and you and the others thought that was the Holy Grail. Whats the time table since THAT change? 2.5 years now. Of course the first year was super secret before they announced it (Chris Roberts admission not my 'illogical' assumption). Has there been any SIGNIFICANT increase in the 'speed' of development? (thats sarcasm BTW since development has actually slowed won, due mostly to them continually running into more bugs and also continuing to redo every thing they have been developing)
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    It actually wasn't a nice deflection. It was a really lame and obvious deflection.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    edited August 2018
    How many things from the initial KS proposal are playable after all of these years?  What is yet to be implemented? 
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited August 2018
    rodarin said:
    nice deflection. If people went through your posts they would see exactly what I was talking about. You are the prime example of making claims of how things were going to speed up at each and every turn and your giddiness over Lumberyard was palpable and you and the others thought that was the Holy Grail. Whats the time table since THAT change? 2.5 years now. Of course the first year was super secret before they announced it (Chris Roberts admission not my 'illogical' assumption). Has there been any SIGNIFICANT increase in the 'speed' of development? (thats sarcasm BTW since development has actually slowed won, due mostly to them continually running into more bugs and also continuing to redo every thing they have been developing)
    Such a hollow argument as that couldn't be deflected, that "500" argument was the silliest argument, that I shall remember. Also, I'm not deflecting this rant of yours about development speed because it is not relevant to what I was saying, hence why I'm not going to put effort on arguing with you, I'd prefer some of the more reasonable posters around, hell, even Kefo would do.
    Post edited by MaxBacon on
    How many things from the initial KS proposal are playable after all of these years?  What is yet to be implemented? 
    SC, on a very limited basis, has the pillars of the KS proposal was, it misses professions, it misses SQ42, and it misses a fleshed out economy, as SC was always about a trading sim, this releases of cargo, and now mining, are going towards that end.
    MaxBacon said:
    rodarin said:
    Such a hollow argument as that couldn't be deflected, that "500" argument was the silliest argument, that I shall remember. Also, I'm not deflecting this rant of yours about development speed because it is not relevant to what I was saying, hence why I'm not going to put effort on arguing with you, I'd prefer some of the more reasonable posters around, hell, even Kefo would do.
    You responded to his post without addressing what he said and instead decided to insult based on some previous post. Underhanded and rude IMO.
    MaxBaconsgel
    edited August 2018
    You responded to his post without addressing what he said and instead decided to insult based on some previous post. Underhanded and rude IMO.
    I was still stuck on the ridiculous of his previous post, in fact, I still am. Also I'm not one bit sorry, every post is a full-hyperbole rant with constant "white knights this, white knights that", so I couldn't care less about what you think.
    MaxBacon said:
    I was still stuck on the ridiculous of his previous post, in fact, I still am. Also I'm not one bit sorry, every post is a rant "white knights this, white knights that", so I couldn't care less about what you think.
    Laughable coming from you. You are the epitome of, "haters this, haters that."
    sgelKefoScotchUp
    Laughable coming from you. You are the epitome of, "haters this, haters that."
    hahahaha :D  Whelp, better start ranting about the haters in most of my posts now! \o/
  • RouzukiRouzuki Member UncommonPosts: 66
    The trolls and antis come in a trollin and a hatin, then they get butthurt when the knights respond in kind.

Meanwhile SC's development moola just keeps goin up.

ErillionHatefullBabuinix
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Rouzuki said:
    The trolls and antis come in a trollin and a hatin, then they get butthurt when the knights respond in kind.

The whale tears will be all the sweeter when either the game shuts down or it gets released and they realize it’s nothing like they dreamed it would be. The white knight silence or backpeddling to try and save Chris Roberts honour will be even better to watch
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Rouzuki said:

You are not wrong. At this point even if they do not produce anything (I am convinced they will, I am also convinced it will be about 80% of what CR has promised) they will still go down in history as one of the most overfunded crowdsourced games. 

It is pretty awesome when you think about the massive amount of money that has been dedicated to this project and the systems that can develop from it or even the ideas that other developers could use to create their own game.

I am certainly no white knight for this project, nor am I a fan of those that are (zealotry in all its forms is disgusting and counter-productive, imo) but stepping back from the mountains of BS piled around this game, and just looking at the number of resources given to CIG, they are going to do something (eventually) and it should be a good game. Honestly we (myself included here) bitch nearly non-stop about the lack of MMO/MMORPG/RPG games out that are worth playing then we immediately (myself included) throw mud at any developer that is trying to produce something that isn't a WoW clone and does not fall into the typical Shooter, MOBA, etc frame.

Whatever else happens, people will be talking about this endeavor for years to come, even after it has been produced. Good, bad, or indifferent.
    Babuinix

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

edited August 2018
    Kefo said:
    The whale tears will be all the sweeter when either the game shuts down or it gets released and they realize it’s nothing like they dreamed it would be. The white knight silence or backpeddling to try and save Chris Roberts honour will be even better to watch
    The fun bit is that most backers around are quite realistic about what they expect from SC.

Quite different from what is here constantly implied and generalized as to what the fans expectations are.
    ErillionBabuinix
    edited August 2018
    Kefo said:
    Rouzuki said:

Oof, dude, that's pretty depressing. To expend effort just in hopes of seeing other people's dreams fail.

I mean, I may be absolute shite at arguing and coming up with witty replies but with that you've insulted yourself harder than any burn a white knight could have dreamt of coming up with....even one equipped with The Boring Company's FlameThrowerTM. Get yours today for only 5 easy payments of $99.99!!!

Sillyness aside, are you ok? Like as a person? Do you need someone to talk to? We goof on each other here frequently but if you need someone to talk to, ya know...feel free to ask and all (100% in all seriousness).
    Babuinix
    Hatefull said:

You are not wrong. At this point even if they do not produce anything (I am convinced they will, I am also convinced it will be about 80% of what CR has promised) they will still go down in history as one of the most overfunded crowdsourced games. 

I'm right there in the same camp with ya on that, and I really hope that even if SC comes out and it's spectacular, that it's still seen as a grossly over funded game. Else other companies might be put off when thinking about making new and exciting games in the future because they can't come up with that amount of dosh.
    MaxBacon said:
    rodarin said:
    how many people REALLY care about it? It isnt nearly as many as the fanbois think thats for sure. If it were nearly as many there would be a lot more chatter about it. I mean its the biggest game in development right now that has a public testbed. Yet twitch (which is (un)officially the biggest barometer of a games 'popularity' has a near nonexistent SC presence, and basically the only guys streaming it are the same 5 or 6 paid guys who have to get paid because they dont have any viewers or subscribers (which is how REAL streamer make their money. SO how can this project with the (growing) list of "what you can do in SC right now" not have anymore viewers or streamers than it does? 

If it werent for the critics and negativity constantly getting thrown at it there wouldnt be much said about it at all probably. Derek Smart and the 'goons' are actually (ironically?) the best thing going for SC. The 'development' and advancement of the project is so glacial it surely wouldnt be enough to drive traffic.

Basically the only thing people could talk about was the next milestone of (alleged) money they have 'raised'. Or the price of whatever cash grab they can think up next (which would technically be a negative based flourish). And speaking of those cash grabs whats the news on land ownership or tanks or whatever other nonsense they have rolled out over the past year or so? How much money did they get from those two I mentioned? How long before either/both of them are going to be 'playable or even 'testable'?

But ALL these stupid things that have been introduced, floated and promised are the very reason why this thing is what it is. When you throw literally everything you can think of out there as a possibility how can it ever possibly deliver? Its the ultimate safety net. When 90% of the shit people are giving money for DOESNT make it into whatever they deliver then they can either explain it away or rely on the fact theyre not giving refunds anymore.

If they really have raised that much money and continue to raise that much money its a 100% certainty theyre getting money given right now for things they know they are 100% ARE NOT going to be able to deliver (ever). Obviously cant be proven unless someone is taping them 'secretly' but logic dictates that theyre not going to deliver even a small minority of things they have claimed, not even you or the other white knights would dare say they can. SO is that a 'scam'? Is 'selling' (even a promise) of something you know you cant or have no (real) intention of delivering a scam? I think its the very definition of one. But again its the wink wink nod nod bullshit people accept because at this point that is so inconsequential it doesnt even register anymore. 

This post is basically a small breakdown of just what people can cite (and I only hit a few things) and why the debates get thrown off on tangents (even without deflections) because the stupidity is so deep and widespread there are dozens of ways people can spin talking points to suit their own agendas. While the critics continually ask SPECIFIC question and cite SPECIFIC concerns the white knights spin something that at best has a gossamer thin connection to whatever theyre trying to defend against. Thats why it doesnt really make sense to get too involved in all this because its the same thing no matter how much time you take in between posting about it. Because as I said these are the exact same (fundamental) points I have raised for at least the past 2 years. While some of the specifics have been replaced the fundamental blueprint of the failure to deliver is exactly the same.

Rouzuki said:

that proves one of my points if not for the (alleged) money continuing to come in what sort of 'winning' would this project have? When the amount of money being raised overshadows everything else with a project its not a positive. Its amazing people who really (claim) to care about this thing ever getting released and being anything halfway decent at all arent concerned about that even a little bit.

Thats why I have always said the blind faithful here are paid shills and arent really 'fans' of this at all because anyone with half a brain at this point would at least have some concerns. Not continually regurgitate the same "everything is perfectly fine and normal dont worry about it" nonsense.
    rodarin said:
    Rouzuki said:

that proves one of my points if not for the (alleged) money continuing to come in what sort of 'winning' would this project have? When the amount of money being raised overshadows everything else with a project its not a positive. Its amazing people who really (claim) to care about this thing ever getting released and being anything halfway decent at all arent concerned about that even a little bit.

Thats why I have always said the blind faithful here are paid shills and arent really 'fans' of this at all because anyone with half a brain at this point would at least have some concerns. Not continually regurgitate the same "everything is perfectly fine and normal dont worry about it" nonsense.
    I'm sure the "blind faithful" of which you speak here have their concerns. But I reckon they're reasonable concerns and not ridiculous nonsense like "Is SC actually a scam?".
    Erillion
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    The fun bit is that most backers around are quite realistic about what they expect from SC.

Quite different from what is here constantly implied and generalized as to what the fans expectations are.
    That would be why I said whale. 
    Rouzuki said:
    Kefo said:
    Rouzuki said:

Oof, dude, that's pretty depressing. To expend effort just in hopes of seeing other people's dreams fail.

I mean, I may be absolute shite at arguing and coming up with witty replies but with that you've insulted yourself harder than any burn a white knight could have dreamt of coming up with....even one equipped with The Boring Company's FlameThrowerTM. Get yours today for only 5 easy payments of $99.99!!!

Sillyness aside, are you ok? Like as a person? Do you need someone to talk to? We goof on each other here frequently but if you need someone to talk to, ya know...feel free to ask and all (100% in all seriousness).
    It’s cute that you think I care what strangers on the net think of me. 

Its also ironic considering that the white knights have 1 or 2 hate subs dedicated to following every word Derek Smart posts.
    Kefo said:
    Even around that people are rather chill, there's always this or that guy I don't see any mob mentality on this matter.

You'd actually find what the whales want most is this "updated" Freelancer and the Wing Commander vibe back, and that much SC should be capable to achieve.
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    Even around that people are rather chill, there's always this or that guy I don't see any mob mentality on this matter.

You'd actually find what the whales want most is this "updated" Freelancer and the Wing Commander vibe back, and that much SC should be capable to achieve.
    Eh I wouldn’t hold my breath with CR at the helm
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    An example of a current outlaw mission you get after getting enough (bad) reputation doing criminal stuff:

Erillion