Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - things you can currently do in game (Status: Alpha 3.2)

ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
edited August 2018 in Star Citizen
Current Content (August 2018, Alpha 3.2)

1.- Arena Commander Simpod Module Game
1.1.- Vandul swarm (PvE Waves, against vanduul)
1.2.- Pirate Swarm (PvE waves, against NPCs)
1.3.- Free flight (small area for you to fly with full FPS)
1.4.- Deathmatch (PvP)
1.5.- Team deathmatch (PvP)
1.6.- Capture de flag (PvP)
1.7.- Racing (closed map, passing checkpoints)

2.- Star Marine Simpod Module Game
2.1.- Capture points (PvP)
2.2.- Deathmatch (PvP)

3.- Persistent Universe ("Crusader Module")
3.1.-Exploring space and moons for the views and find hidden locations / wrecks / stations
3.2.-Cargo runs
3.3.-Fight pirates
3.4.-Do missions / visit mission givers
3.4.1.- Get and drop cargo
3.4.2.- Explore wrecks for corpses or loot
3.4.3.- Kill targets
3.4.4.- Enable disable com arrays so people can or can't do crimes

3.5 - Hacking in Security Post Kareah to get rid of criminal rating (attention: PvP enabled)

3.6 - mine and trade

3.7 - go shopping at multiple locations

3.8 - spend hours before a mirror finding your perfect in game outfit

3.9 - boarding actions in larger spaceships (and defense against it)

3.10 - 50 man squard dance coreographied action

3.11 - 50 man air/ground/space battles

3.12 - Multi Crew Ship Gameplay (especially pilot - co-pilot (shield and radar operator) - gunner interaction)

4.- Hangar - Admire the beauty of your ships, in private.

4.1. - interior design with subscriber decorative items

4.2. - obstacle course driving with Greycat buggy

4.3 - getting drunk from the liquor cabinet (if you have one) - with various interesting effects depending on liquor ;-)

4.4. - weapon testing (if you always wanted to kill cardboard Vanduul with ship sized weapons)

4.5 - Loadout changes of ships in hangar

5. - ArcCorp ("Social Module")

5.1 - socializing and dancing in bar

5.2. - Crashcar derby with Greycat buggy

5.3 - shopping

Have fun

Post edited by Erillion on
WalkinGlennAgent_Joseph

Comments

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    edited August 2018
    BoredGamer has nice vids for new player

Youtuber Extra Mile also.produces nice.intronvids for newplayers

Erillion
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    With all the shopping and admiring it sounds more like Sims Go To Space than a hardcore space-sim game.

Needs more than 4 hours of content as well.... :sarcastic

BabuinixsgelFrodoFraginspostlarvalAgent_Joseph
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    With all the shopping and admiring it sounds more like Sims Go To Space than a hardcore space-sim game.

It may not be your kind of gameplay ....

but i have seen people happily swapping outfits and trying to mix and match all kinds of clothing for MANY hours. These are the same people that often spend between 1 and 3 days at the character generation screen of a game alone. Nevermind the game itself.

I am an explorer. Others use SC for fashion shows.

To each his/her own.

Have fun
  • ScotchUpScotchUp Member UncommonPosts: 228
    Exactly when did we start calling alphas a playable game? Normally once they hit beta that is when companies want people to come in and HELP test and build it. 
    “The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”
    George Carlin
    edited August 2018
    ScotchUp said:
    Exactly when did we start calling alphas a playable game? **snip **
    I didn't.

Have fun
  • ScotchUpScotchUp Member UncommonPosts: 228
    Erillion said:
    ScotchUp said:
    I didn't.

Have fun
    You never compared SC alpha to any other beta or released games?
    “The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”
    George Carlin
    ScotchUp said:
    Erillion said:
    ScotchUp said:
    I didn't.

Have fun
    You never compared SC alpha to any other beta or released games?
    I did compare SC Alpha in the past with other games, finished or in development. But you did not talk about comparisons in your post upthread.

I did not call SC Alpha a (finished, released, fully) playable game.

It is a game in development. I know it - i test it ;-) I am a backer and player-tester, sending in my bugreports on a regular basis. Helping to make Star Citizen better.

Have fun
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    There is some degree of multi-crew not listed, as the turret gunner has been something getting more attention recently.
    kikoodutroa8
    edited August 2018
    MaxBacon said:
    There is some degree of multi-crew not listed, as the turret gunner has been something getting more attention recently.
    Updated the list with multi-crew aspect. Thx !

Also added other activities like ship loadout changes and weapons testing in Hangar.

Have fun
    Another update (thanks @Durzax )

A list of money sinks in the game - which also provides some players with things to do.
    Finding a way to gamble the system ;-)

Not all of that is in Alpha 3.2

Some of the things mentioned below have so far been seen in convention videos only. Like the "headcrab xenomorphs".

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    THE IN-GAME MONEY SINK LIST

1) Fuel of all types.
    2) Ammo for all ballistic weapons.
    3) Missiles and Torpedoes.
    4) Food for multi-crew ships.
    5) NPC crewmen for multi-crew ships
    6) Ship hull insurance.
    7) Ship component upgrades insurance.
    8) Ship cargo insurance.
    9) Component replacement from degradation.
    10) Ship repairs.
    11) Component tuning.
    12) Medical supplies.

The best part is that the amount of UEC spent on the sinks is determined by the supply chain flow, any "kink" in the line the price goes up.

THE MYRIAD of THINGS THAT WILL MAKE YOUR "PRECIOUS" BECOME A SPACE WREAK LIST

1) The UEE Navy.
    2) The Vanduul.
    3) The Xi'an.
    4) The Banu.
    5) The Tevarin remanent.
    6) The Kr'Thak.
    7) The Corporation fleets.
    8) The Bounty hunters.
    9) The Hackers.
    10) The entire spectrum of criminal organizations.
    11) Space rocks.
    12) Space Anomalies.
    13) Space Storms.
    14) Planet side storms.
    15) Sand worms.
    16) Star Citizen's version of Xenomorphs.
    17) Planet and Space based spectrum of Alpha predators.
    18) Arrogance.
    19) Stupidity.
    20) Obliviousness.

So much for "pay to win", yet again.
    Failed "concern" trolling is fail, For years now no less.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Have fun
    BabuinixMadFrenchieAgent_Joseph
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited August 2018
    Erillion said:
    Another update (thanks @Durzax )

A list of money sinks in the game - which also provides some players with things to do.
    Finding a way to gamble the system ;-)

Not all of that is in Alpha 3.2

Some of the things mentioned below have so far been seen in convention videos only. Like the "headcrab xenomorphs".

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    THE IN-GAME MONEY SINK LIST

1) Fuel of all types.
    2) Ammo for all ballistic weapons.
    3) Missiles and Torpedoes.
    4) Food for multi-crew ships.
    5) NPC crewmen for multi-crew ships
    6) Ship hull insurance.
    7) Ship component upgrades insurance.
    8) Ship cargo insurance.
    9) Component replacement from degradation.
    10) Ship repairs.
    11) Component tuning.
    12) Medical supplies.

The best part is that the amount of UEC spent on the sinks is determined by the supply chain flow, any "kink" in the line the price goes up.

THE MYRIAD of THINGS THAT WILL MAKE YOUR "PRECIOUS" BECOME A SPACE WREAK LIST

1) The UEE Navy.
    2) The Vanduul.
    3) The Xi'an.
    4) The Banu.
    5) The Tevarin remanent.
    6) The Kr'Thak.
    7) The Corporation fleets.
    8) The Bounty hunters.
    9) The Hackers.
    10) The entire spectrum of criminal organizations.
    11) Space rocks.
    12) Space Anomalies.
    13) Space Storms.
    14) Planet side storms.
    15) Sand worms.
    16) Star Citizen's version of Xenomorphs.
    17) Planet and Space based spectrum of Alpha predators.
    18) Arrogance.
    19) Stupidity.
    20) Obliviousness.

So much for "pay to win", yet again.
    Failed "concern" trolling is fail, For years now no less.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Have fun
    Try again. Archeage is pay to win and you can lose everything as well in archeage.  Still pay to win. Nice try though.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Try again. Archeage is pay to win and you can lose everything as well in archeage.  Still pay to win. Nice try though.
    Feel free to add your point of view to the P2W debate on the official Star Citizen forum.

I am sure your arguments will be totally new and surprise everyone.

No one in that thread - currently at many hundreds of pages and tenthousands of posts - will EVER have thought about the new insight you will bring to this debate.

Have fun

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Erillion said:
    Feel free to add your point of view to the P2W debate on the official Star Citizen forum.

I am sure your arguments will be totally new and surprise everyone.

No one in that thread - currently at many hundreds of pages and tenthousands of posts - will EVER have thought about the new insight you will bring to this debate.

Have fun

There is no need for 'new' debate when the obvious is obvious.

This thing runs the gamete of everything 'good' and 'bad' with every game ever made. But it has to do that to even stay relevant. No one cares about this nonsense anymore other than (and even then some have probably written it off) people who have money tied up in it and a few guys who feel the need to post everyday about it (positive or negative) and that number is probably less than 500 people across the whole internet. For something that has been described the way this has been and for a project with 50 trillion 'citizens' thats a pretty tiny number of people who actually 
    'care' enough to post about it on a regular basis.

I have done my usual quarterly check in and seen nothing has changed since over a year ago now, other than people necroing shit from 2 years ago which still hasnt been implemented yet.

The only constant with this whole thing is the continuing (alleged) receipt of funds from people still stupid enough to send money to them despite any and every logical reason not to. But like I have said over and over again the only hope for this thing now is to keep sending them money, but I think that is now being shown to be futile as well. If after 200 million bucks they havent gotten even a single release of this massive trilogy of games they have promised then its safe to think they never will.

Which again as I have said is the plan, a perpetual money stream to keep a few hundred (now) people employed and keep a few thousand (allegedly a couple million) denial victims hopes and dreams alive.
    rodarin said:
    No one cares about this nonsense anymore other than (and even then some have probably written it off) people who have money tied up in it and a few guys who feel the need to post everyday about it (positive or negative) and that number is probably less than 500 people across the whole internet.
    Holy reality detachment lol

Only last month SC has gotten around 20,000 new Citizens (13k-14k the months before), , even if the conversion rate is just 5% of the total registrations, SC gets far more than 500 new backers per month. 

This comment of "probably less than 500 people across the whole internet" care about SC is beyond this universe  :D 
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited August 2018
    MaxBacon said:
    rodarin said:
    No one cares about this nonsense anymore other than (and even then some have probably written it off) people who have money tied up in it and a few guys who feel the need to post everyday about it (positive or negative) and that number is probably less than 500 people across the whole internet.
    Holy reality detachment lol

Only last month SC has gotten around 20,000 new Citizens (13k-14k the months before), , even if the conversion rate is just 5% of the total registrations, SC gets far more than 500 new backers per month. 

This comment of "probably less than 500 people across the whole internet" care about SC is beyond this universe  :D 

May to June was 9500, June to July 14,000 according to the crowdfunding spreadsheet. From what we've seen in the past there is appromixately a 1:3 paid backer ratio.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tMAP0fg-AKScI3S3VjrDW3OaLO4zgBA1RSYoQOQoNSI/edit?pli=1#gid=1694467207
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    So with regards to Racing, is there an actual track marked by the devs, or is it just an activity folks do along a path that's been drawn by the community for the activity?

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    What's you guys names in-game so we can say hello or get together for some runs.  I'm Knight Arrow.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

So with regards to Racing, is there an actual track marked by the devs, or is it just an activity folks do along a path that's been drawn by the community for the activity?
    The racing is one Arena Commander mode, it's the old track to go through the checkpoints.

The PU racing is coming, unsure if it makes it on Alpha 3.3. I think tho I might be confused that the racing design in the PU is meant to let you create your own track, but not sure, just that space and planet surface ones via the checkpoint system is what they're doing.

May to June was 9500, June to July 14,000 according to the crowdfunding spreadsheet. From what we've seen in the past there is appromixately a 1:3 paid backer ratio.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tMAP0fg-AKScI3S3VjrDW3OaLO4zgBA1RSYoQOQoNSI/edit?pli=1#gid=1694467207
    Yes, it fluctuates some, but especially when there are no free flights in the X month is to be expected the conversion is decent. If I recall Turbulent numbers it was in 1 million accounts 500k paying ones.
    MadFrenchierpmcmurphy
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    I know I see MaxBacon around a lot and hes a big supporter of this game but I only Erillion only seems to show up in SC threads. Not trying to stir anything up but is he/she an employee of the company at all? Again just asking, not trying to stir anything or draw conclusions to anything.
    rpmcmurphyHatefull
    I know I see MaxBacon around a lot and hes a big supporter of this game but I only Erillion only seems to show up in SC threads. Not trying to stir anything up but is he/she an employee of the company at all? Again just asking, not trying to stir anything or draw conclusions to anything.
    Maybe you should also read EVE, Elite Dangerous, NMS, Mass Effect, Star Wars Galaxies and crowdfunding subforums and articles here ?

Have fun 
    Oh wait it's actually procedural: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/1-Star-Citizen/card/291-Scramble-Race-Missions

"Designing and implementing Scramble Race missions. The Scramble Race is a mission type that can occur in space or on the ground which sees racers battling to be the first to reach a series of randomly spawned checkpoints. Each race is designed to bring racers into conflict, eliminating competitors by any means is encouraged."

So the first implementation of proper racing in the PU for Alpha 3.3 is actually PvP as well, as long this sort of racing event doesn't force people into insurance/death consequence then it'll be interesting.
    MadFrenchie
  • El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760
    3 days in character creation?  For a game that isn't even close to being released?  Where do people find the time?  Or maybe the hype is more important to them than the actual game.

I've got the straight edge.

El-Hefe said:
    3 days in character creation?  For a game that isn't even close to being released?  Where do people find the time?  Or maybe the hype is more important to them than the actual game.
    Some people a really very nitpicky about looks in MMO's, and SC attm does hit quite a bit more social as the frequent wipes and all, doing a more superficial grind just to build up the character visuals you want seems to be more common for now.
    KyleranHatefull
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Erillion said:

but i have seen people happily swapping outfits and trying to mix and match all kinds of clothing for MANY hours. These are the same people that often spend between 1 and 3 days at the character generation screen of a game alone. Nevermind the game itself.

To each his/her own.

Have fun
    I think that most people would consider that fluff to be added after all core functionality is in.   
    KyleranHatefull
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Erillion said:

To each his/her own.

Have fun
    I think that most people would consider that fluff to be added after all core functionality is in.   
    Not Chris Roberts.  He calls fluff attention to detail and if that means 20 years in development to get in all the fluff he feels is needed, then he will take 20 years to do just that.  Speaking of course, if the money keeps rolling and turns into a $1 Billion crowdfunded game.  That is not a dig, that is just the way Chris Roberts is.
    What's wrong with releasing the game that was promised and then finding out which fluff the players actually want most?  I just don't understand CR's mentality, which is why calling him a scammer isn't completely unfounded.
    postlarvalrpmcmurphy