Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whales are leaving the boat ?

13»

Comments

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Xee2018 said:
    I Think the issue is that there were a bunch as Drac said that thought the single player was going to be a Ulitma single type game like that of old.  I could see why some would for sure be upset over that.   The other PVP crowed only some didn't like that the new system was not full loot.  There was a video on why they didn't go that route, and I believe it was more to appeal to the larger crowed.  To be honest I wish they would make a full pvp server like they did in UO that way both sides can play as they wish.  I do know PVP stuff is not completed though.  They built Obsidian Trials for testing some additional systems and rule sets to better flesh out castle sieges and the likes.  They have a title system and pvp reward system in now with obsidian which is the start of what other games do.   As far as the rest of the game, I rather like it which is why I invest in it.   I have seen some of the long term plans and know the direction they are going which is why I will continue to support.  Every system I have come up with in the Dev+ section has been added short of governor taxes which most likely will never happen.   

There were also some who were made on release that they didn't wipe as they didn't like that there was already GM players as well the NPC towns were full which they seem to think are the best places to live.  Personally out of 26 properties that I currently have non are in NPC towns.  I prefer player towns and markets.  Some are done up really well, and the player market out sell all the NPC towns.  Only benefit to being in NPC town is the basic trainers and the see merchants.  Which are so minor compared to being in a good location that you can sell.

There was people that complained a lot about houses costing to get, but that was resolved with the free starter house for completing the main story.  Its a POT only deed anyways so those that wanted to be in the NPC towns still need a PA deed from the store or other players.

P2W is another issue some bring up based on my reading of this forum.  This is only an issue for die hard PVPers which I do agree that anything can be bought or sold in this game for real money.  That is how the player market was designed.    Its super easy to get money once you save up for a Vendor and have the free row.   (they fixed the regular vendors now that charge a tax to list) it now takes the taxed % out after the sale which was one of the biggest issues I think for all.  nothing like getting an artifact that you cant sell on a vendor because it would cost you more gold then you could make as a noob.

I feel they are taking the game in the right direction and agree with some of the posts here that every patch it really is getting pretty awesome.  Player dungeons is going to be huge and what I have seen already of the system they are putting in next 2 patches I'm stoked.

Cheers,
    Xee
    A vast majority of the PvP players wanted full loot. They wanted old school felucca. There are many polls that show just that.

Developers decided not to listen and now the game have tops 1000 players. They got what they deserved.
    JamesGoblinDracSchnider
  • DracSchniderDracSchnider Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Aragon100 said:
    Xee2018 said:
    I Think the issue is that there were a bunch as Drac said that thought the single player was going to be a Ulitma single type game like that of old.  I could see why some would for sure be upset over that.   The other PVP crowed only some didn't like that the new system was not full loot.  There was a video on why they didn't go that route, and I believe it was more to appeal to the larger crowed.  To be honest I wish they would make a full pvp server like they did in UO that way both sides can play as they wish.  I do know PVP stuff is not completed though.  They built Obsidian Trials for testing some additional systems and rule sets to better flesh out castle sieges and the likes.  They have a title system and pvp reward system in now with obsidian which is the start of what other games do.   As far as the rest of the game, I rather like it which is why I invest in it.   I have seen some of the long term plans and know the direction they are going which is why I will continue to support.  Every system I have come up with in the Dev+ section has been added short of governor taxes which most likely will never happen.   

There were also some who were made on release that they didn't wipe as they didn't like that there was already GM players as well the NPC towns were full which they seem to think are the best places to live.  Personally out of 26 properties that I currently have non are in NPC towns.  I prefer player towns and markets.  Some are done up really well, and the player market out sell all the NPC towns.  Only benefit to being in NPC town is the basic trainers and the see merchants.  Which are so minor compared to being in a good location that you can sell.

There was people that complained a lot about houses costing to get, but that was resolved with the free starter house for completing the main story.  Its a POT only deed anyways so those that wanted to be in the NPC towns still need a PA deed from the store or other players.

P2W is another issue some bring up based on my reading of this forum.  This is only an issue for die hard PVPers which I do agree that anything can be bought or sold in this game for real money.  That is how the player market was designed.    Its super easy to get money once you save up for a Vendor and have the free row.   (they fixed the regular vendors now that charge a tax to list) it now takes the taxed % out after the sale which was one of the biggest issues I think for all.  nothing like getting an artifact that you cant sell on a vendor because it would cost you more gold then you could make as a noob.

I feel they are taking the game in the right direction and agree with some of the posts here that every patch it really is getting pretty awesome.  Player dungeons is going to be huge and what I have seen already of the system they are putting in next 2 patches I'm stoked.

Cheers,
    Xee
    A vast majority of the PvP players wanted full loot. They wanted old school felucca. There are many polls that show just that.

Developers decided not to listen and now the game have tops 1000 players. They got what they deserved.
    I do agree with a that for sure when talking to PVP peoples, there was a lot that wanted that for sure.   I don't think it would have been too bad if they implemented that.  It wouldn't take much for them to change the system that way though. who knows.  the PVP systems are still being worked on the last two patches they where testing and balancing a lot as well bringing in wow like battle grounds.  I do hope they open up more PVP areas or there is rumor that some of the new lands are pvp only.