Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Developers Detail Combat System Changes - RaiderZ News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageDevelopers Detail Combat System Changes - RaiderZ News

The RaiderZ Facebook page has been updated with a discussion of combat changes that will be implemented in the game. Most notably, the dodge mechanic is being retooled to remove the

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,837
    Thupli said:
    Something gw2 could benefit from.
    Please no. The entire game would require rebalancing if the dodge mechanic was similarly reworked. 
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Aeander said:
    The entire game would require rebalancing if the dodge mechanic was similarly reworked. 
    That's what I don't get either (but probably my sub-par english has a part in that as well, I admit it was challenging to "decode" that dev letter above).

RaiderZ had no issues in combat, it was fairly responsive and smooth, with a nice pace.
    Now, to address something they think an issue, they will:
    speed up movement, speed up dodge, adjusting damage, add two extra skills to handle, making dodges longer, for that adjusting hit ranges too, etc.
    Plenty of changes to "fix" something which wasn't even broken in the first place. Plenty of opportunities to wreck the whole, in return of something minimal.

I've played RaiderZ for quite a bit, several months on and off from the betas till the closure, but I don't remember any voices raised against the combat, on the contrary, that was maybe the best working part of the game...

This new team should focus more on the security instead (duping, botting, etc.) which had the most weight of ruining the game, then put some effort on eliminating the horrible grind needed at the end - and that's it, when those two fixed just wrap it up and release.

(content was linear too, and the game could use more classes, but they can add those later...
    the character building and the combat were fine, they shouldn't mess that up)
  • BloodElf79BloodElf79 Member CommonPosts: 1
    edited August 2018
    I am a very old player as well, still hanging around in the game since the open beta. I know the game as good as it is possible from playerside. I've soloed naked more than the half of the aviable content up to the Cowen Marsh/Brune update (as far as the patches on the few good private servers go). The fight mechanics are really good and it only became boring to play after years .. years of being able to solo all with ease ... and which other game could come close to that? You do not need to destroy or 'fix' this working combat system. Mainly the game needs new content, way more players and maybe .. maybe better grafics but the game is still looking okay in my eyes (for a mmo).
    You will lose the most RaiderZ players when you change the combat system because that is why we are still hanging on this old game and also what we want to have - in this few private servers or in a new official server.