Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sea of Thieves surpasses five million players, second free DLC “Cursed Sails” is now available

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 8,946
Rare has announced that Cursed Sails, the second major free content update for Sea of Thieves, is available now to all owners of the base game. In addition, the team revealed the the game has reached a new milestone of five million pirates that have set sail since launch. 

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/sea-of-thieves-surpasses-five-million-players-second-free-dlc-cursed-sails-is-now-available/

Everything You Need To Know: Cursed Sails

MadFrenchieklash2def

Comments

• ikcinikcin Member RarePosts: 2,206
     Sea of Thieves surpasses WoW, now which is the best MMORPG :)
  • Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard Member LegendaryPosts: 8,057
    edited July 2018
    Overwatch surpasses WoW and this game too, so Overwatch is the best MMORPG.

Stupid logic is... stupid.
    KyleranLazarus71
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 9700k (4.90ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 8K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 27,297
    "new milestone of five million pirates that have set sail since launch"

Hmmm, I hate to say this as I don't want to be "that guy" but isn't that just saying that 5 million people have tried the game?

5 million people trying the game and retaining 4 million players is "great."

5 Million people trying the game and retaining 25 thousand players is "not great."

I hate those types of announcements. They just seem a bit slick.
    KyleranLazarus71

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 6,157
    Sovrath said:
    "new milestone of five million pirates that have set sail since launch"

Hmmm, I hate to say this as I don't want to be "that guy" but isn't that just saying that 5 million people have tried the game?

5 million people trying the game and retaining 4 million players is "great."

5 Million people trying the game and retaining 25 thousand players is "not great."

I hate those types of announcements. They just seem a bit slick.
    Count me as one of those 5 million who tried and did not stick around ;)

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,807
    I thought this game was absolutely terrible, what gives?
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,525
    eddieg50 said:
    I thought this game was absolutely terrible, what gives?
    Unless they're reading reviews and paying attention to forums (which most people actually DON'T do, apparently), most people will buy a game before knowing it's absolutely terrible and/or at least, play for a while before realizing it and leaving.  And those  people likely make up the majority of that five million.
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,549
    played it on launch with xbox games pass... there was really nothing to do outside of kill skeletons and bring back treasure chest to turn in. I like the world but it feels empty. I wonder if they added more content outside of skeleton hunting?

Trading, Building, more NPCs that have quests, Loot that drops off enemy types... 
    "PSA: We live in a multicultural world. Nobody is "forcing" diversity. Earth is already Diverse."

"Everything that happens is a political act, and the only people that get to pretend otherwise are those privileged enough to not have politics impact them at all." ~Taliesin

Currently: Games Audio Engineer
    You've heard what I've heard