Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Barbarian or Viking themed RPG or Strategy?

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 2,244
Hey guys,

Can you think of any good, current, Barbarian or Viking themed RPG's or strategy games?  Turn-based is a plus but not crucial.

Thanks!

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member RarePosts: 4,415
    Barbarian themed RPG? Let's just start with the obvious...
    https://www.amazon.com/Conan-Roleplaying-Game-Gareth-Hanrahan/dp/1905850069
  • NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 2,762
    Hey guys,

Can you think of any good, current, Barbarian or Viking themed RPG's or strategy games?  Turn-based is a plus but not crucial.

Thanks!
    Easey,

Banner Saga
    MightyUncleanScotInteritusMrMelGibson

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.” ― Patrick RothfussThe Wise Man's Fear

- Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 2,244
    Po_gg said:
    Barbarian themed RPG? Let's just start with the obvious...
    https://www.amazon.com/Conan-Roleplaying-Game-Gareth-Hanrahan/dp/1905850069
    Sorry, I meant on the PC.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member RarePosts: 4,415
    My bad, I missed that criteria :wink:
    Then there's the similarly obvious Vikings Wolves of Midgard, or Jotun... though both are action and not turn-based.
    For that, maybe Bastard? Not fantasy-themed barbarians there, "just" regular medieval barbarians.
  • AsheramAsheram Member RarePosts: 3,135
  • klash2defklash2def Member RarePosts: 1,182
    Skyrim lol
    Gorwe
    Angry Chicken
    USMC 2nd Mar Div/RCT 2/2nd LAR (Veteran)
    Music Supervisor
  • GorweGorwe Member RarePosts: 5,184
    klash2def said:
    Skyrim lol
    Honestly, Nords are more civilized than typical Barbarians, but yeah. Can't go better than Skyrim or something Conan oriented. Oh, Diablo Barbarian and Path of Exile Marauder, especially the latter, could work.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member EpicPosts: 5,659
    Here ya go OP .. Great game .. exactly what you asked for ..... Have Fun

TorvalNycteliosMrMelGibson
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 17,671
    Scorchien said:

I'll second that. Very fun unique game. I love playing miniature strategy in a diorama. It's freaking awesome.
    ScorchienMrMelGibson
    *INCOMING RADIOACTIVE SUPERCELL*
    ...silent protagonist, Interloper, Traveller, Anomaly...

edited July 22
    Torval said:
    Scorchien said:

I'll second that. Very fun unique game. I love playing miniature strategy in a diorama. It's freaking awesome.
    Hey heres another ive enjoyed ..Still in EA but plenty of good game and challenge there , very active and helpful dev also ..

Longsword.............

And F2P:)

Post edited by Scorchien on
    TorvalMrMelGibson
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 2,766
    kitarad said:
    I was just about to post this.  
    You can always play For Honor as a Viking too...
    Asheram
  • AsheramAsheram Member RarePosts: 3,135
    Gorwe said:
    You can always play For Honor as a Viking too...
    Or as a Nord in Mount & Blade Warband
    Gorwe
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member UncommonPosts: 547
    Gorwe said:
    klash2def said:
    Skyrim lol
    Honestly, Nords are more civilized than typical Barbarians, but yeah. Can't go better than Skyrim or something Conan oriented. Oh, Diablo Barbarian and Path of Exile Marauder, especially the latter, could work.
    I'll second Expedition Vikings.  Its a great game and is far less popular than it should be.
    Gorwe
  • guru_rpgguru_rpg Member CommonPosts: 3
    edited July 25
    Excellent game with feature we don't found otherwise. it's cool to play on such small and strightforward strategy game. TubeMate Psiphon Test DPC

Post edited by guru_rpg on
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 994
    edited July 28
    Post edited by Maurgrim on
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 17,671
    edited July 29
    If you like strategy check out the Total War franchise. They have several campaign themed games that might suit you. Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia (c 900AD) has Vikings (Danes) and various historical political factions of the time in Britain. It's pretty educational too. There is a lot of history in the fiction. I did some news blurbs about their games on GameSpace and I learned a little researching them.

Steam was hard on it and if you're a Total War fan I guess it's not "up to snuff", but it still looks decent enough. It's $40 retail on Steam.
    Post edited by Torval on
    *INCOMING RADIOACTIVE SUPERCELL*
    ...silent protagonist, Interloper, Traveller, Anomaly...

Torval said:
    If you like strategy check out the Total War franchise. They have several campaign themed games that might suit you. Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia (c 900AD) has Vikings (Danes) and various historical political factions of the time in Britain. It's pretty educational too. There is a lot of history in the fiction. I did some news blurbs about their games on GameSpace and I learned a little researching them.

Steam was hard on it and if you're a Total War fan I guess it's not "up to snuff", but it still looks decent enough. It's $40 retail on Steam.
    Why isn't there Total War: Viking / Scandinavia, already? One would think...as it stands the best one / OP can choose from Total War games is Medieval 2 and, specifically, its DLC pack, the Kingdoms. The Britain map could interest the OP. Though I personally like the Crusades the best.
    edited July 29
    Gorwe said:
    Torval said:

Why isn't there Total War: Viking / Scandinavia, already? One would think...as it stands the best one / OP can choose from Total War games is Medieval 2 and, specifically, its DLC pack, the Kingdoms. The Britain map could interest the OP. Though I personally like the Crusades the best.
                 Maybe This :)

Post edited by Scorchien on
    Torval
    Scorchien said:
    Gorwe said:
    Torval said:

Maybe This :)

I know, but why wait so long and even then, not devote a full Total War to it? Of the things I expect out of Total War, we now have: Medieval, Japan, Rome, Napoleon. The only things missing are full products based around the Crusades and around Nords(and somewhat about the Age of Discovery). Everything else is covered just fine. Including Warhammer, which we also waited needlessly long for.
  • ronin07ronin07 Member CommonPosts: 2
    I am in love with this game, especially this character. She is just so cute. Blokada apk Newpipe