Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warbringers Animated Shorts Are Coming Ahead of Battle for Azeroth - World of Warcraft Videos - MMOR

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited July 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageWarbringers Animated Shorts Are Coming Ahead of Battle for Azeroth - World of Warcraft Videos - MMORPG.com

Blizzard has announced a trio of World of Warcraft animated short movies that will spotlight three iconic leaders "from across Azeroth": Jaina Proudmoore, Sylvanas Windrunner and Queen Azshara. The three will be released ahead of the Battle for Azeroth expansion coming on August 14th.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Oof...can't wait. I loved the ones for Warlords and Legion. :) Given that these are three of my favorite characters, it's a win-win.
    NephethTintagilpantaro[Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• jgDuffayjgDuffay Member UncommonPosts: 237
    all these pre expansion lore audio book, comics & short vids i nearly find even better than actually playing the expansion. I just love the warcraft universe, and I do like the game. but it's just a bit of a lost potential at this point.
    SBFord
  • NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    These animated shorts are amazing. I love Blizzard's 2d animations. Not just in WoW. Their doomfist trailer and some of their 2d hots trailers were awesome too. Man I can't wait...
    SBFord
  • TintagilTintagil Member UncommonPosts: 214
    My hype meter is off the charts. I can't wait for tomorrow and it's only the pre-patch :)
    SBFord
  • KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    edited July 2018
    I really hope they don't make Jaina into a monster like the Banshee Queen...retain your humanity, we're better than them.
    SBFord
  • RoReaverRoReaver Member CommonPosts: 5
    edited July 2018
    Anyone else wondering why it's only one gender in the series? I mean there's so many characters on both sides of the gender divide and yet we get only 3 women.. I really hope they arn't doing this for progressive points and actually have proper stories for all 3 that can stand on their own within the current canon.
    SBFordNepheth
    RoReaver said:
    Anyone else wondering why it's only one gender in the series? I mean there's so many characters on both sides of the gender divide and yet we get only 3 women.. I really hope they arn't doing this for progressive points and actually have proper stories for all 3 that can stand on their own within the current canon.
    All of the Legion and Warlords videos were about males. Did anyone wonder or think anything odd? All three have prominent roles in BfA so it makes sense. There doesn't have to be a boogeyman under everything done in today's world. ;)
    pantaroNepheth

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    Only male or only female warlord stories... It doesn't matter. The only important thing is that it isn't about sex but the characters and if they're interesting and watchable. Draenor warlords were all male so it made sense. Here we have the 3 most influential characters relevant to the expansion and they happen to be female. It's not as if it's a remake where the story/characters are the same but gender reversed for no apparent reason except SJW antics.

Personally I think this looks promising. I'll withhold any praise until we see a full version
    SBFordpantaroNepheth
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,915
    edited July 2018
    This is beyond cool. Waiting with baited breath.

The play on 'bated' and 'baited' was deliberate.
    SBFord

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849

RoReaver said:

For me its not about gender but i do find all three of them extremely boring as do i find the king of stormwind a bore. As someone who has played since launch i would MUCH rather see bosses we have fought over the years be brought to life than these "heroes".
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,915
    edited July 2018
    RoReaver said:
    If they happened to be 3 males would anyone be posting why there are three males? Does the gender matter only when it's female?
    SBFordpantaro

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    kitarad said:
    RoReaver said:
    If they happened to be 3 males would anyone be posting why there are three males? Does the gender matter only when it's female?
    now days...yes they would.
    pantaro
    edited July 2018
    thunderC said:

RoReaver said:

For me its not about gender but i do find all three of them extremely boring as do i find the king of stormwind a bore. As someone who has played since launch i would MUCH rather see bosses we have fought over the years be brought to life than these "heroes".
    They're not "heroes". They are literally "warbringers". 

Azshara absolutely should be included. We haven't heard anything much about her in ages, there's never been a story told of what happened to her and what transformed her into a naga and she's the 2nd raid end boss. Duh...natural inclusion.

I'd have like have seen Katherine Proudmoore instead of Jaina and Talanji featured in the shorts instead of Jaina or Sylvanas but it is what it is.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,959
    RoReaver said:
    Welcome to the boards! I haven't played WoW in years but I was told all the men were down the pub when the bard started the story write up. :)
  • pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    SBFord said:
    RoReaver said:
    All of the Legion and Warlords videos were about males. Did anyone wonder or think anything odd? All three have prominent roles in BfA so it makes sense. There doesn't have to be a boogeyman under everything done in today's world. ;)
    As a multi racial African  American i don't go into anything i enjoy for entertainment like comics or video games and have the first thought of OMG where are all the black folks!!! RAGE!

I'm still amazed how people do this unless they have an agenda that is... My roommate and I really enjoyed the lords of war series and became fans of Durotan because of it. given my roommate is female and enjoys female chars in comics and games i'm excited for her,i think she will love this and we are far from huge WoW fans.
    JeffSpicoliSBFord
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited July 2018
    SBFord said:
    thunderC said:

RoReaver said:

They're not "heroes". They are literally "warbringers". 

Azshara absolutely should be included. We haven't heard anything much about her in ages, there's never been a story told of what happened to her and what transformed her into a naga and she's the 2nd raid end boss. Duh...natural inclusion.

I'd have like have seen Katherine Proudmoore instead of Jaina and Talanji featured in the shorts instead of Jaina or Sylvanas but it is what it is.
    You say tomato i say tomahto.

I don care if they are "GODS" according to the lore. I find them boring , its my opinion. The only reason i felt the need to share what i shared was because i wanted to present a side as someone who is not interested in these characters because they are boring not because they are female. 

I'm not debating if they should be included or not, Im sure majority of Warcraft fans will LOVE this. For me personally i no have interest in them, Then again im someone who barely follows the in game story, I dont play WOW for that.
    pantaro
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• bonzoso21bonzoso21 Member UncommonPosts: 380
    While definitely excited, I have to admit the main reason I clicked was to see how long it took someone to take up the plight of men everywhere and equate the female characters to a progressive agenda. It wasn't long.
    SBFord
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    azshara is cool but sylvanas and jaina "meh" we are going to have tons of "Jaina" and " Sylvanas" come BFA....