Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft - It's a Whole New World Once the War of Thorns Begins on Tuesday - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageWorld of Warcraft - It's a Whole New World Once the War of Thorns Begins on Tuesday - MMORPG.com

World of Warcraft’s next expansion is less than a month out and, as has become tradition, the “pre-patch” / pre-event is getting ready to kick off starting on July 17th. When you log in on Tuesday, the “War of Thorns” will begin and it won’t be the same Azeroth you left on logging out on Monday. So, what will be the big things that will change literally overnight? Here are a few of the most significant.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Hi I have been first aid main since alpha vanilla why have they ruined this game unplayable
    ForgrimmpantaroThupliGaladournheerobyaSirAgravainenecrolockXingbairongwinghaven1Maddog666and 15 others.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    I left after WotLK...This is a world I do not know anymore.
    ThupliinfomatzNarmorqomaAsphyxiaZeaiko
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Once again, I'm utterly unsurprised that people who don't play a game feel the need to come into a thread about an article regarding a game that others play and poop on it. LOL -- the real surprise would be if no one did. :D
    k61977tomahawk1930heerobyaxion12121Elvoc[Deleted User][Deleted User]halfmysticmapleluniinecrolockand 19 others.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

SBFord said:

Once again, I'm utterly unsurprised that people who don't play a game feel the need to come into a thread about an article regarding a game that others play and poop on it. LOL -- the real surprise would be if no one did. :D

*Logs on another account*
    Can't believe people still play this game. I quit after AQ gates opened the game died there.

p.s. People still play pokemon go?
    SBFordBillMurphySirAgravaineMaddog666Allerleirauhmrputts
  • pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    SBFord said:
    to balance out the thread a bit I think blizz customer support is the best ever!
    SBFord[Deleted User]XingbairongMaddog666
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I've been subbed for a while now, but haven't been playing. It's always there waiting for me... 7/17 sounds like a good day to dive back in before BfA.
    SBFord[Deleted User]ElvocMaddog666

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    I've been subbed for a while now, but haven't been playing. It's always there waiting for me... 7/17 sounds like a good day to dive back in before BfA.
    In my case, I couldn't think of a WORSE day... 7/17 is my wife's birthday :scream:
    SBFordBillMurphyDiscipledOneSovrathAlbatroesThunder073Maddog666[Deleted User]sschrupp
    --------------------------------------------

Try demonology warlock, survival hunter, arms/fury, disc priest. All are beautiful to play right now.
    SBFordMaddog666
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Pretty excited to dust off my Warrior. Haven't played one in quite a long time. 
    SBFordAsphyxiaZeaiko
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Utinni said:

Try demonology warlock, survival hunter, arms/fury, disc priest. All are beautiful to play right now.

My BM hunter is 110, and despite the folks telling me they're not in a good place, I still loved playing him through Legion.
    pantaroHarikenMaddog666

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• 6stack_Chris6stack_Chris Member UncommonPosts: 118

Utinni said:

My BM hunter is 110, and despite the folks telling me they're not in a good place, I still loved playing him through Legion.
    "Not in a good place" is all the perception that top end guilds give out. Honestly, if you enjoy a class then play it. I cannot stand all the people talking crap about classes that they do not play, because some stat screen they read from the top .1% of raiding guilds numbers.

Even PvP, people try saying such and such class is horrible. It might be true in some 1v1 fights, but every class has its place, and it is a matter of figuring out how to discover and use that to your advantage.

Just my 2 gold 
    pantaroSBFordXingbairongScotRoinMaddog666Melecon
  • pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515

Utinni said:

"Not in a good place" is all the perception that top end guilds give out. Honestly, if you enjoy a class then play it. I cannot stand all the people talking crap about classes that they do not play, because some stat screen they read from the top .1% of raiding guilds numbers.

Even PvP, people try saying such and such class is horrible. It might be true in some 1v1 fights, but every class has its place, and it is a matter of figuring out how to discover and use that to your advantage.

Just my 2 gold 
    this is kinda my logic in most games,games are supposed to be about having fun. play whats fun for you to hell with the meta!
    SBFordXingbairongMaddog666Gobstopper3D
  • PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    "war of thorns" seems like an odd choice for a patch name. war of thrones woulda fit a whole lot better lol
    Maddog666Viper482
  • jgDuffayjgDuffay Member UncommonPosts: 237
    I'm guessing it's not one pre patch to rule them all ... so we will be waiting for the 18th .. :(
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    My issue was and still is:  I don't have time to devote a full-time jobs worth of re-learning every time they respec/shuffle/change things in order to play a game.  It's one of the reasons endgame of GW2 turns me off.  It's drastically different and it takes a LOT of slogging to determine what the hell is actually happening.  Sorry, these are games.  And I'd bet the numbers are still incredibly low for the 2-3% that are end-game raiding.
    [Deleted User]Maddog666

Utinni said:

BM got some tweaks that are really nice. If you enjoyed it in legion youll enjoy it possibly more in bfa.
    Maddog666
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Lately I've been skipping and buying into every other expansion.  Will probably do the same with this one.  Good overview article.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• heerobyaheerobya Member UncommonPosts: 465
    BfA will be the first expac I don't purchase... maybe...

I am highly tempted... as always.
    jgDuffay
  • ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546
    I'm already back, never miss an expansion, like every other MMO you gotta take the good with the bad, but there is always something in game to entertain me for at least 30 days..
    Jeleena
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    I see the GCD changes are going into effect, but I didn't see whether that meant the total class changes are being added tomorrow. Is that the case? It would make more sense I feel.

• Jrich_cpJrich_cp Member UncommonPosts: 63
    The article says “new global cooldown mechanic” and I would just like to point out that there is no such thing. It’s simply the same mechanic just applied to skills/trinkets that didn’t previously have a gcd.
    Maddog666Thupli
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    I see the GCD changes are going into effect, but I didn't see whether that meant the total class changes are being added tomorrow. Is that the case? It would make more sense I feel.
    Yes, class changes take effect tomorrow ..... and also ....

WAR MODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D  :D :D
    Great!  That makes me wanna hop on my Goblin Hunter and relearn the new mechanics!  I just wanna play a Goblin, sooooo bad.  But MM was pretty boring in Legion
    SBFord

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    edited July 2018

In my case, I couldn't think of a WORSE day... 7/17 is my wife's birthday :scream:

gift her a spa ticket or a gift card of her favorite shop....so she is out for the evening ;)

p.d DONT she will force u to go with her to the spa or worse....shopping ><
    Maddog666
  • calibekcalibek Member UncommonPosts: 300
    My sub lapses in 9 days and I won't continue on. Not that I think the game is bad at all. Actually I think the game is in the best spot it's been in in a while. My reasons are one because I don't think $50 is worth what is in it right now. I'll wait until it's on sale. Second reason is because I'm not exactly happy with them removing content like the mage tower. I understand changing things but to remove content that is decent is kind of sad.
    [Deleted User]pantaroMaddog666Thupliinfomatz

• RhygarthRhygarth Member UncommonPosts: 259

SBFord said:

I come to this website as it has MMO news and I always felt that people on here could speak their mind?