I understand it's a remake of first generation Ultima Online... Fantastic !
Two things I would like to point out with first generation:
- It's a sub category of a style of play within mmorpg's
- Unfortunately, technology tends to be outdated.
Top Down gameplay could be charming, but in an mmorpg ?
I understand their motives to make a modern game that stands true to a classic. But using limitations of technology for it's time as a feature...I have to say, really !!!
Most all YouTubes are solo play.
That tends to be annoying enough. Add a party of five and you have full annoying. Where is your party if your spread out ?.. Are they under attack, will you have "other party member pointers" on the edge of your screen. Remember the CAMERA FOLLOWS YOU. Should you help a player out that's off the screen ?
Using Claustrophobia for exploring and intrigue with limited view (like fog of war) in video games leaves the player with the feeling of being jumped and causes the player to think fast.
This feature is often part of hack-and-slash gamming....Will it work in modern mmorpg's.
Maybe, what do you think ?
Later I found this:
- Look how thigh their staying together as a group. Are they improvising for the audience ?
- They seem annoyed by something without actually stating the obvious.
- At certain points their attacking monsters off the screen. Even if in view, other players may view the target off screen.
(Best watched 1/4 way in):