Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dig that hole, Jessica Price!

2

Comments

  • vorrin5vorrin5 Member UncommonPosts: 71
    Kyleran said:
    Like I said in the first thread, ANETs seemingly heavy handed response of dismissal rather than censure makes me question the value of her (their) contributions.

    It also appears they may have used this as an opportune justification to unloading a problem employee.(s)


    I think that she skated under the radar with her comment on TotalBiscuit's death and would have been fired back when she made it, had she not been relatively unknown at the time. I actually had no idea who she was until she gained attention for her comments this week.

    After seeing all of the tweets, including Peter Fries' deleted tweets, I think that both of them shot themselves in the foot. Peter has been smart and kept mostly quiet about his firing, but Jessica refuses to admit any fault for the situation that she finds herself in right now.
  • forcelimaforcelima Member UncommonPosts: 232
    edited July 2018
    Maybe just maybe you guys and girls at mmorpg.com can hire her for she can cuss us out when we tell you all how to run the site.   Golden you all need someone like that hahaha
    [Deleted User]
  • forcelimaforcelima Member UncommonPosts: 232
    edited July 2018
    For real i can see it already 

    "Man that review was paid for!!!!"

    Mod price " get the fuck off the site"


    Bill and SB with villian smiles muhahaha staring at keyboard.  " best hire ever!"


    Just make sure SB handles all intereaction with her. No men allowed
    Kyleran
  • vorrin5vorrin5 Member UncommonPosts: 71
    forcelima said:
    Maybe just maybe you guys and girls at mmorpg.com can hire her for she can cuss us out when we tell you all how to run the site.   Golden you all need someone like that hahaha
    She shouldn't be rewarded for her behavior.
    postlarvalalkarionlogElquinMendel
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    vorrin5 said:
    forcelima said:
    Maybe just maybe you guys and girls at mmorpg.com can hire her for she can cuss us out when we tell you all how to run the site.   Golden you all need someone like that hahaha
    She shouldn't be rewarded for her behavior.
    She'd be among her own people, that would be horrible.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 10,280
    Kinda getting sick of hearing about her. Lets go back to discussing how Star Citizen will never launch.
    Dagon13[Deleted User]JeffSpicoliKyleranpostlarvalPhryJeleenarertez
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter
     
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,127
    Tiller said:
    Kinda getting sick of hearing about her. Lets go back to discussing how Star Citizen will never launch.
    A-MEN, brother. Please! :)

    We need a new news cycle. This one's pretty well run its course. :D
    EponyxDamor[Deleted User]KyleranPhry


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 


  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,127
    "Worth noting here is that Price appears to be acknowledging her original error in assuming that the initial comments from Deroir (and others) were intentionally malicious."

    Where?  I read through her victim-speech the linked article linked to and didn't see anything close to this.  Why are gaming journalists so hell bend on manipulating the narrative in her favor?  They want this framed as sexism, and this crazed lunatic that has no grasp on reality as the victim.  I assume gaming journalism was not the journalism they were shooting for and see this as a way of building their hate-cult credibility?  
  • PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    blamo2000 said:
    "Worth noting here is that Price appears to be acknowledging her original error in assuming that the initial comments from Deroir (and others) were intentionally malicious."

    Where?  I read through her victim-speech the linked article linked to and didn't see anything close to this.  Why are gaming journalists so hell bend on manipulating the narrative in her favor?  They want this framed as sexism, and this crazed lunatic that has no grasp on reality as the victim.  I assume gaming journalism was not the journalism they were shooting for and see this as a way of building their hate-cult credibility?  
    money
  • WBadgerWBadger Member UncommonPosts: 353
    vorrin5 said:
    Kyleran said:
    Like I said in the first thread, ANETs seemingly heavy handed response of dismissal rather than censure makes me question the value of her (their) contributions.

    It also appears they may have used this as an opportune justification to unloading a problem employee.(s)


    I think that she skated under the radar with her comment on TotalBiscuit's death and would have been fired back when she made it, had she not been relatively unknown at the time. I actually had no idea who she was until she gained attention for her comments this week.

    After seeing all of the tweets, including Peter Fries' deleted tweets, I think that both of them shot themselves in the foot. Peter has been smart and kept mostly quiet about his firing, but Jessica refuses to admit any fault for the situation that she finds herself in right now.
    Which means she's probably fucked herself right out of the game development industry, and good riddance to her if that's the case.
    I don't know about that.  I imagine Beamdog will still happily hire her so that she can work with Amber Scott in weaponizing Minsc's hamster against the patriarchy in Baldur's Gate 3.
    [Deleted User]alkarionlogblamo2000
  • forcelimaforcelima Member UncommonPosts: 232
    vorrin5 said:
    forcelima said:
    Maybe just maybe you guys and girls at mmorpg.com can hire her for she can cuss us out when we tell you all how to run the site.   Golden you all need someone like that hahaha
    She shouldn't be rewarded for her behavior.
    I was being sarcastic due to mmorpg staff prior articles
  • ananitananit Member RarePosts: 293
    i'm eagerly waiting for the anita sarkeesian article or video about it, it's right up her alley /s
    they both share the same deluded vision of the world.
  • forcelimaforcelima Member UncommonPosts: 232
    Que lisa bloom or gloria allred for wrongful termination becsuse she is a girl
  • spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367
    SBFord said:
    For those who'd rather read it in situ and draw their own conclusions, here's the proper link.

    https://twitter.com/Delafina777/status/1017103133955117056


    This seems to be her reaction. The initial incident with Derior is at 
    Sorry, I am not a twitter guy...too old, maybe. But correct me if I misunderstand the situation:

    She posted a follow-up comment to an AMA regarding story arcs for PC characters in GW2. Some Youtuber comes in and politely shares his view...and her response is to get snarky with the guy? And this gets her fired? Her comment was certainly kind of rude and insecure, but it certainly wasn't belligerent.

    How was his comments considered sexist? Just because he was a man sharing this thoughts? Am I missing something here?? 

    Don't misunderstand me, her reaction after-the-fact screams drama and i think Kyleran was right, might be using this as a reason to offload some baggage...but firing for the posts I read seemed a bit excessive, unless she's a repeat offender....or unless there were other comments I didn't see in there, or were maybe removed?

    Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

  • spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367
    whelp, nevermind. I found this lower in the feed. I guess someone took a pix of her behavior...she is totally belligerent with a massive chip on her shoulder. garunteed they were trying to get rid of that toxicity.


    Panther2103etharnMadFrenchieElquin

    Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Kyleran said:
    Like I said in the first thread, ANETs seemingly heavy handed response of dismissal rather than censure makes me question the value of her (their) contributions.

    It also appears they may have used this as an opportune justification to unloading a problem employee.(s)


    I'm guessing it was just the incredibly large and heavy straw that broke the camel's back.
    KyleranPhry
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    She's as delusional as they come. Some people are just incapable of accepting personal accountability. She did a bad thing and fucked herself over, as well as throwing a wrench into that whole gender equality movement by crying "sexist" and whatever when it clearly had nothing to do with the situation.




    [Deleted User][Deleted User]PhryElquin
  • frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    edited July 2018
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    In an upcoming movie about this incident,  Jessica will be played by Al Pachino. Here is a scene from a staged version of her twitter interactions with GW2 players.


    MadFrenchie

    EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    spankybus said:
    whelp, nevermind. I found this lower in the feed. I guess someone took a pix of her behavior...she is totally belligerent with a massive chip on her shoulder. garunteed they were trying to get rid of that toxicity.


    never really did bother up to read his comments, but after reading this, yeah I would ahve fired both of then and its not even too much like some did think.

    and that is also why I love people like her, you don't need to do much, she auto sabotage herself for being too dumb, and when she are hit by her shortcommings start to pull victim cards so she can do whatever,

    btw kids, that is why no honest and inteligent person belive on people like her
    Elquin
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,577
    So not only will NCsoft (and Arenanet since it involves GW2) be known as a stupid company who hates money by sabatoging city of heroes (when it was making money and doing 1000 times better, no exageration, than Wildstar which somehow they keep alive)

    Now they'll be known as a sexist company that hates women and defend sexist comments. 

    I hope she (and Peter) both get lawyer(s) and take on NCsoft like Richard Garriot did when NCsoft also threw him under the bus. And no matter what you think of him, Richard won in a court of law which makes NCsoft the guilty party. 

    I really hope they get lawyers and take on NCsoft. They are a very rotten company to the core, and this just further proves it.
    You aren't fooling anyone Ms. Price.  ;)
    Scotforcelima
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 19,001
    edited July 2018
    I see her page is still not set to private  B)



    Vanity is quite the drug.
    It never will be, her work is now bound up in her Twitter persona, indeed she may have been able to say I bring Twitter fans to your project. She still will but now so many of them will just be waiting for the next debacle.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,577
    Scot said:
    I see her page is still not set to private  B)



    Vanity is quite the drug.
    It never will be, her work is now bound up in her Twitter persona, indeed she may have been able to say I bring Twitter fans to your project. She still will but now so many of them will just be waiting for the next debacle.
    Some company trying to improve their image with SJWs may very well give her a job.
  • halfmystichalfmystic Member RarePosts: 416
    So not only will NCsoft (and Arenanet since it involves GW2) be known as a stupid company who hates money by sabatoging city of heroes (when it was making money and doing 1000 times better, no exageration, than Wildstar which somehow they keep alive)

    Now they'll be known as a sexist company that hates women and defend sexist comments. 

    I hope she (and Peter) both get lawyer(s) and take on NCsoft like Richard Garriot did when NCsoft also threw him under the bus. And no matter what you think of him, Richard won in a court of law which makes NCsoft the guilty party. 

    I really hope they get lawyers and take on NCsoft. They are a very rotten company to the core, and this just further proves it.
    This is some non-sense right here - all of it. 
    alkarionlog
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    "What goes around comes around," no matter who we are or how we live. It never seems to happen to real low-life scum fast enough in my opinion, but who the hell am I anyway...

    Gut Out!

    What, me worry?

Sign In or Register to comment.