Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scott Manley patch 3.1 video

CoticCotic Member UncommonPosts: 268
Some coverage of the latest patch

Comments

• GanksinatraGanksinatra Member UncommonPosts: 455
    I keep seeing this game and I wanna play it, but it seems.....well, to put it bluntly, boring. It seems like you are the galaxy's interplanetary trucker, hauling goods from source to source. I know there is some combat, but it seems fairly rare from what I have seen.

I love the depth of controls and such, and would love to get a flight stick and play it, but I fear I would be incredibly bored an hour or two into it.
  • CoticCotic Member UncommonPosts: 268
    edited July 2018
    There is certainly a space trucker aspect to it but you can also be solely combat focused. Fights can be found right from the outset at Nav Beacons, Resource Extraction Sites, Combat Zones or through piracy and interdictions. A lot of the community goals are also combat orientated, a lot of the materials required for mods drop from destroyed ships, lots of missions are combat focused, so on and so forth.

I found joining a player group helps to keep the interest and motivation going.
  • GanksinatraGanksinatra Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Hmmmm.....I might pick it up then. If I wait for Star Citizen to scratch that Wing Commander itch of mine, I'll be a senior citizen. Although Ace Combat is supposed to come out soon as well.....gives me even more of an excuse to buy a flight stick, too.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited July 2018
    Cotic said:
    There is certainly a space trucker aspect to it but you can also be solely combat focused. Fights can be found right from the outset at Nav Beacons, Resource Extraction Sites, Combat Zones or through piracy and interdictions. A lot of the community goals are also combat orientated, a lot of the materials required for mods drop from destroyed ships, lots of missions are combat focused, so on and so forth.

I found joining a player group helps to keep the interest and motivation going.
    Convoy! :D
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited July 2018
    Eastbound and doowwwwnnnn, loaded up n' truckin'!  We're gonna do what they say can't be done!

That said, the combat in E:D is fun, and you can definitely jump right in very early on.  With a joystick, it really is a lotta fun.  Enjoyment intensifies when you're flying with a few others.
    Scot