Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Amazon's Twitch Prime Free games

The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Honestly as much as I dislike using a ton of clients to play games on, they have been offering so many great games for free over the past couple of months. I think I have something like 30 games on my Twitch client I can play now. 

This is awesome. I've been meaning to play Pillars of Eternity, as well as Deponia, and Observer. Can't wait to get those as well.

Twitch may be going in the wrong direction for a lot of things, but the prime freebies have been great so far. 
    [Deleted User]Octagon7711Dakeru
  • FrozenyearroundFrozenyearround Member UncommonPosts: 155
    Thanks for the tip just got PoE !
    Is twitch prime like xbox live once you stop subbing you lose the game.  
    This is actually a really good question. I did a little bit of looking and it seems like you do in fact get to keep them even if you stop subbing. Which is a first for this type of service if that is true. 
    This is actually a really good question. I did a little bit of looking and it seems like you do in fact get to keep them even if you stop subbing. Which is a first for this type of service if that is true. 
    Yeah be nice if xbox ever went that route I pick every game every month even if I dont plan on playing.  
    Panther2103
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    Bezos has a direct line to my bank account.... I"m not worried, he needs it!

Gut Out!
    AlBQuirkyGorwe

What, me worry?

Yeah be nice if xbox ever went that route I pick every game every month even if I dont plan on playing.  
    Yeah I agree. I've been doing the same on the Sony consoles, and the second I let my subscription go out I lose like 200 games and it really sucks. But that's how they keep people coming back I guess.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited July 2018
    Full list of games and dates you can claim them:

If you have a Twitch account and Amazon Prime, and if you are willing to tie the two together, you'll have a whopping twenty one free games to check out, though each is only available for a limited time. There will be a new game added to the list each day leading up to Amazon's annual Prime Day, currently scheduled for July 18th.

The full list of games includes:

• Pillars of Eternity (July 2-4)
    • Metal Slug 3 (July 3 - August 2)
    • The Last Blade (July 3 - August 2)
    • Twinkle Star Sprites (July 3 - August 2)
    • Q.U.B.E. 2 (July 3-4)
    • Battle Chef Brigade (July 4-11)
    • Manual Samuel (July 5-12)
    • Gonner (July 6-13)
    • Next Up Hero (July 7-14)
    • Uurnog Uurnlimited (July 8-14)
    • Hue (July 9-15)
    • Deponia Doomsday (July 10-16)
    • Observer (July 11-17)
    • Tacoma (July 12-18)
    • The Bridge (July 13-26)
    • Brutal Legend (July 14-27)
    • The Red Strings Club (July 15-21)
    • Tyranny (July 16-18)
    • Broken Age (July 17-31)
    • The Framed Collection (July 18-31)
    • Serial Cleaner (July 18-31)
    [Deleted User]Octagon7711

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Yet if you uninstall Twitch, the games don't work. I tried it. Just another scam to get users for the Twitch app.

If folks are OK with that, which is fine, free games! I tried it for Path of Exile, but deleted the Twitch app and saw that the game no longer launched. But it's a free trial so I got an order with free 2 day shipping and gave my Amazon Twitch sub to a streamer I like.

Color me not impressed :)
    ScotKyleranGorweAsm0deusDakeru

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    AlBQuirky said:
    Yet if you uninstall Twitch, the games don't work. I tried it. Just another scam to get users for the Twitch app.

If folks are OK with that, which is fine, free games! I tried it for Path of Exile, but deleted the Twitch app and saw that the game no longer launched. But it's a free trial so I got an order with free 2 day shipping and gave my Amazon Twitch sub to a streamer I like.

After I saw the words Twitch Prime I rather switched of, but some very decent games in there. As I have already played them, no temptation for me. :)
  • RnjypsyRnjypsy Member UncommonPosts: 64
    AlBQuirky said:

Not sure what you meant, but Path of Exile is a free to play game with it's own launcher should you prefer to not deal with steam or any other distributor.
    Scot
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Rnjypsy said:
    AlBQuirky said:

Not sure what you meant, but Path of Exile is a free to play game with it's own launcher should you prefer to not deal with steam or any other distributor.
    D'OH! I meant that other "PoE" game, Pillars of Eternity. I'm just going to buy it and other games I want on sale.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited July 2018
    Nyctelios said:
    DEPONIA!!! I LOVE DEPONIA!
    Yeah Deponia is awesome!
    Surprised that you like it, there is a writer over on Rock, Paper, Shotgun with a clearly opposite opinion.  Here's an excerpt from his review of the final game in the series.

"The previous Deponia trilogy was an unpleasant point-and-click graphic adventure series of almost impressively diminishing returns, that descended ever further into embarrassing, tawdry, sexist and arguably racist crap."

Super spoilers ahead, don't read the article if you plan on playing.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/03/03/deponia-doomsday-review/#more-351423

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited July 2018
    I know people love to hate EA, but Origin has a pretty beefy list of free games with the sub, too.

Some notables include Titanfall 2, Mad Max, ME series, Batman: Arkham series, Torchlight 2, This War of Mine, Dead Space series, Dragon Age series, Wing Commander series, Ultima Series, and a whole lot of indie titles.  PoE and Wasteland 2 are also included.  Ya can't hate on EA or Amazon for providing all these games for a low-cost sub and/or Amazon Prime.
    [Deleted User]Octagon7711

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    I am an amazon prime member how do I do it?  I am not a twitch prime member nor will I be
  • frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    Myrdynn said:
    I am an amazon prime member how do I do it?  I am not a twitch prime member nor will I be
    If you're an Amazon Prime member, you're a Twitch Prime member.

Link Twitch and Amazon accounts. To get games you only have to use website version of Twitch. To install and play you need client
    [Deleted User]
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    I do have Amazon prime, but as enticing as some of these deals are there is no way i would ever link my amazon prime account to twitch. :/
    Kyleran
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    frostymug said:
    Myrdynn said:
    If you're an Amazon Prime member, you're a Twitch Prime member.

Link Twitch and Amazon accounts. To get games you only have to use website version of Twitch. To install and play you need client
    When you sign into Twitch it will ask if you're a Prime member and show you how to link accounts.
    [Deleted User]

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Phry said:
    I do have Amazon prime, but as enticing as some of these deals are there is no way i would ever link my amazon prime account to twitch. :/
    You should instead link your Twitch Prime account to amazon. It works that way too.
    [Deleted User]

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Phry said:
    You should instead link your Twitch Prime account to amazon. It works that way too.
    i don't have a twitch prime account, there are absolutely no circumstances i would link amazon to twitch, never going to happen. :o
    Kyleran
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    edited July 2018
    got it, are these game free forever? or like free trials

I missed Pillars 2, which is the only decent looking game on the list
  • SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520
    Playstation Plus free games are permanent.
  • SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520
    I know people love to hate EA, but Origin has a pretty beefy list of free games with the sub, too.

Some notables include Titanfall 2, Mad Max, ME series, Batman: Arkham series, Torchlight 2, This War of Mine, Dead Space series, Dragon Age series, Wing Commander series, Ultima Series, and a whole lot of indie titles.  PoE and Wasteland 2 are also included.  Ya can't hate on EA or Amazon for providing all these games for a low-cost sub and/or Amazon Prime.
     Origin is awful.
    5CARLLeTT