Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you looking for a mmo sandbox to try out.

13»

Comments

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Daft said:
    A new early access mmorpg on steam. I really like the old school feel and its actually pretty fun. 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/595110/Gran_Skrea_Online/

ABOUT THIS GAME

Gran Skrea invites players to create their own destiny in an original world of medieval fantasy. Embark on varied and challenging quests, square off in ruthless PvP combat, or write your character’s story through an unstructured economy and player-created guilds. The mythology and danger of Gran Skrea await adventurers seeking new experiences in a massively-multiplayer online role-playing game!

Steam Early Access to Gran Skrea (GS) opens in early 2018, and already offers a robust feature set:
    • Quests to compel and guide characters as they advance
    • Cohesive and meaningful lore behind the residents of Gran Skrea and their Immortal gods
    • Over 20 combat and crafting skills to level up, unlocking new content and abilities
    • Full-loot player-versus-player combat
    • Repercussions for criminal activity - think twice before slaying innocent people!
    • Gather resources and level up crafting skills to create items with unique stats
    • Character homes to build, furnish, and trade
    • Co-operative dungeons to explore and host brutal boss fights
    • Player-focused economy, such as higher-level items that can only be crafted by players

Looking to the future, GS's development roadmap focuses on features that expand the world and give players tools to further define their character’s role:
    • Vast lands for exploration and adventure
    • A variety of distinct cities and cultures
    • An extensive guild system, including territorial warfare and tax revenue
    • Auction houses for player trading
    • Player- and guild-owned shops
    • Customizable items, abilities, stats, and appearance
    • Player-owned ships and naval warfare
    • Support development with member subscriptions and perks

Gran Skrea is independently-developed by a bunch of monkeys banging on keyboards around the world. It combines a desire for new player-defined MMORPG mechanics with influences from classic RPGs like Runescape, Ultima Online, and The Elder Scrolls. The game features music by New Light Audio.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

MINIMUM:
      • Processor: 2.0 GHz Dual Core Processor
      • Memory: 2 GB RAM
      • Graphics: GeForce GTX 550 or better
      • Network: Broadband Internet connection
      • Storage: 4 GB available space
      RECOMMENDED:
      • Processor: 3.2 GHz Processor
      • Memory: 4 GB RAM
      • Graphics: GeForce GTX 960 or better
      • Network: Broadband Internet connection
      • Storage: 4 GB available space
    maybe after they leave early access, before that I will not waste my time
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    edited July 2018
    kitarad said:
    Kyleran said:
    deniter said:
    "Full-loot player-versus-player combat".

Stopped reading there.
    Wouldnt you be interested in how the PvP is regulated before you write the game off?

Is the inclusion of this feature enough for you to make an educated decision?

Real world is also full loot PvP and I until now, you have not been killed and looted.

Yeah, but in real life full loot PVP is mostly restricted to "battlegrounds" which I was fortunate enough to avoid.

Also in real life there are some pretty severe penalties for unsanctioned "ganking" including permadeath, unfortunately for both protagonists and their victims.

Finally, real life "permits" me to "carry" around equalizing "tools" which make the combat much more fair than in found in most games.

;)

I do agree however, in games I regularly play PVP centric MMOs if they have a system in place that well enables me to control my level of risk, so the existence of FFA and full loot aren't automatic disqualifiers.
    In real life, full loot PVP is, in theory, not restricted at all. I can kill and full loot the first person I meet in the morning.

Why PVP is not happening frequently despite the fact that there are literally no safe zones at all is because of the regulatory mechanisms in place which is why I was raising the point in the first place.

Why would anyone write off a game because of inclusion of FFA full loot PVP before they get to know the regulatory mechanisms.

They may find out that whenever someone kills anyone in the world, their character gets immediately, automatically and permanently deleted. I dont think a game with this sort of regulatory mechanism would be affected by FFA full loot PVP to any notable extent. 

I am mostly talking on a theoretical level and I do not expect that this game would introduce very effective PVP regulation, but the close-mindedness of the people who freak out when they hear FFA PVP is something I cannot understand.

Have so many people been ganked so much that they go into shock when they hear FFA PVP or what.

I have been a PVE player in OWPVP MMORPGs for decades and I have never been so harmed by anyone that I would start hating PVP. In my latest FFA PVP MMORPG (L2 Classic) which I played for 2 years, I was PKed probably 2-3 times during that whole time.

Or is it because of the lack of adherence to the MMO/RPG definition, so that we are now getting survival games like Rust into the mix where ganking and abusing is so common?

I write off a full loot PvP game in every case without checking the requirements or restrictions simply because I have no interest in that type of gameplay.
    Does it automatically imply a certain type of gameplay?

In theory, you could be writing off a game with awesome PVE or whatever other aspect you really enjoy in MMO/RPGs which may not be influenced by inclusion of the FFA PVP at all given that there is a severe regulation thereof.
    I could be indeed losing out but I think the full loot PvP aspect will ultimately destroy any joy I may get from the game. I have no wish to sink my time into a game I may leave in disgust.

The only way I may reconsider is if the loot is of no consequence and can be replaced fairly quick and easily .

• mmoloummolou Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Scorchien said:
    mmolou said:
    Scorchien said:
    Soo what game are we talking about here that has Full/Loot  Forced pvp zero safe areas 

The only person who is talking about "Full/Loot  Forced pvp zero safe areas" is you, nobody else said anything about "zero safe zones", until you posted it.

Why be so argumentative about something that you introduced to the topic?
    you did not read properly , the topic of safe areas was mentioned refernincing more than one game in the thread .. But go figure

But  .. ill ask again , which of these Full Loot PVP games on the market have terrified some of you so badly that you need to come into every thread with same tired and regurgitated agenda ..

Why do you care, go play your Casual game is that what you want , there are plenty of them ..

I play both types , but i dont go into every single new Casual game forums crying , i Want full loot PVP ..

I read exactly what was typed.

All that was stated is that full loot pvp puts some players off, which is a fact, then you started talking about "Full/Loot  Forced pvp zero safe areas" as though that invalidates everything that was stated by other posters.

Again, nobody but you mentions safe areas, perhaps you are the one that did not read properly?
    [Deleted User]StjerneoddKyleranTheScavenger
    It is a funny world we live in.
    We had Empires run by Emperors, we had Kingdoms run by Kings, now we have Countries...
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited July 2018
    Kyleran said:
    deniter said:

Stopped reading there.
    Wouldnt you be interested in how the PvP is regulated before you write the game off?

Is the inclusion of this feature enough for you to make an educated decision?

Real world is also full loot PvP and I until now, you have not been killed and looted.

Yeah, but in real life full loot PVP is mostly restricted to "battlegrounds" which I was fortunate enough to avoid.

Also in real life there are some pretty severe penalties for unsanctioned "ganking" including permadeath, unfortunately for both protagonists and their victims.

Finally, real life "permits" me to "carry" around equalizing "tools" which make the combat much more fair than in found in most games.

;)

I do agree however, in games I regularly play PVP centric MMOs if they have a system in place that well enables me to control my level of risk, so the existence of FFA and full loot aren't automatic disqualifiers.
          Cant figure any reason why people want to apply RL rules to a game , when one of you can rip a Hobbit out of your ass and shoot fireballs from your fingers while quaffing a Life potion in RL there is nothing to discuss , until then the smart kids know to keep them seperated
  • IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:

And in addition to why do you care so much , they are not enough Casual PVE game out there for you ....                
    I will only answer this because the rest has been addressed several times and it's pointless to continue. You can argue with people having different opinions, but not with people not willing to acknowledge facts.

So to address that specific point of your post:

How many good sandbox games WITHOUT forced PvP are there "out there" for us who aren't into the full loot FFA gankfest stuff? Those indie developers don't seem to learn and keep on creating niche of the niche sandbox games which fail one after the other, ignoring the huge gap wide open for such a sandbox game without forced permanent PvP.
    Lmfao, the same can be said of your arguements .. wtf .. and i presented all facts .. You on the other end have not , The game that gives you such horror does not exist there is no FFA PVP FULL LOOT game  with no safe areas .. Tell which game currently has that rule set

And again this developer is making a game by the ruleset that they envision so look elsewhere if you dont like it ..

Or make your own game as i saw you give the same advice to someone else in an ESO thread , and on top of that i seem to recall you arguieng that ESO is a sandbox , so if you stand by that , ..

you have your game  right ........dont you ? ..... or not?

And you right it is pointless as you have not made a single point that has not been debunked
    Darkfall online if you  war dec someone you can kill someone anywhere at anytime.

MurderHerd

• HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 388
    https://lifeisfeudal.com

any1 played this ?
    edited July 2018
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:

And in addition to why do you care so much , they are not enough Casual PVE game out there for you ....                
    I will only answer this because the rest has been addressed several times and it's pointless to continue. You can argue with people having different opinions, but not with people not willing to acknowledge facts.

So to address that specific point of your post:

How many good sandbox games WITHOUT forced PvP are there "out there" for us who aren't into the full loot FFA gankfest stuff? Those indie developers don't seem to learn and keep on creating niche of the niche sandbox games which fail one after the other, ignoring the huge gap wide open for such a sandbox game without forced permanent PvP.
    Lmfao, the same can be said of your arguements .. wtf .. and i presented all facts .. You on the other end have not , The game that gives you such horror does not exist there is no FFA PVP FULL LOOT game  with no safe areas .. Tell which game currently has that rule set

And again this developer is making a game by the ruleset that they envision so look elsewhere if you dont like it ..

Or make your own game as i saw you give the same advice to someone else in an ESO thread , and on top of that i seem to recall you arguieng that ESO is a sandbox , so if you stand by that , ..

you have your game  right ........dont you ? ..... or not?

And you right it is pointless as you have not made a single point that has not been debunked
    Darkfall online if you  war dec someone you can kill someone anywhere at anytime.
       Yes , we are all aware of that , (well at least i think we are , some people are not aware of what they wrote or read in this thread)  UO has it in Faction warfare , as does Archage , Eve etc... But its simply an underlying layer that does not effect the vast majority ,And any it does effect arent the ones upset by the premise of Fullloot pvp , to the contrary  they welcome it , Its also an easily exploitable mechainic.
    Post edited by Scorchien on
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Scot said:
    deniter said:
    It's obvious today most gamers (mmo players) are not looking for a "sandbox".  There hasn't been a successful sandbox launched in years.  For those thinking I'm wrong please list the last successful sandbox mmo to launch.  
    Or list all sandbox MMOs in last 15 years that doesn't have FFA PvP.

I don't know about "the most gamers" but many of them have waited a good sandbox MMO that makes sense in terms of game mechanics and rules. Just like in real world you don't kill people around you on a whim, the same should also be true in sandbox MMO (or all MMOs for that matter).
    A day does not go by without me wishing for an apocalyptic event, after which I could go sneaking around the city ruins with my machete and loot bag. ;)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9FGaan35s0
    ScotKyleran

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,172
    I wonder why US culture is against PvP while others seem to accept loss.  

My ideal MMORPG would be more localized and large.  Players can get what they need in adventure and crafting locally.  Size makes griefing harder because you have to look for victims. If you die you must travel back. Better to just fight rivals.  

Lastly, PvP should include imprisonment upon defeat so the victim can reclaim time.  NPC bounty hunters can be hired to capture and imprison killers as well.

I know might makes right simply does not work for western audiences.  Without repercussions killers go on killing because its too much work to protect folks when the killers return right back.
    Americans have real violence. Why settle for a weak imitation.

Anyway... I'm sure there are those interested in PvP in all markets, even if the percentage of players so inclined varies somewhat between them.

Personally, I don't see how giving others the opportunity to interfere with my game play will enhance it compared to being able to pursue what interests me in peace.

If I should want confrontational play there are plenty of games available for just that purpose, where such would further my goal rather than impede it.
  • KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    deniter said:

Stopped reading there.
    Yeah, they can't help forcing that crap on everyone.
    And they wonder why their games which may otherwise have great concepts fail.

That, and the graphics/animations which hint at another catastrophic production quality.

I guess you can say they "force" full loot pvp the same way the Super Mario series "force" jumping into platforms...

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    edited July 2018
    Krematory said:
    deniter said:

Stopped reading there.

That, and the graphics/animations which hint at another catastrophic production quality.

I guess you can say they "force" full loot pvp the same way the Super Mario series "force" jumping into platforms...
    Kinda. But unlike Mario, where people actually enjoyed jumping the platforms and therefore played the game, seems like those enjoying being ganked over and over again aren't many and therefore only a few play those games... ;)
    I hate jumping "challenges" in games, probably why I avoided Super Mario Bros and GW2.

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Krematory said:
    deniter said:

Stopped reading there.

Kinda. But unlike Mario, where people actually enjoyed jumping the platforms and therefore played the game, seems like those enjoying being ganked over and over again aren't many and therefore only a few play those games... ;)
    I hate jumping "challenges" in games, probably why I avoided Super Mario Bros and GW2.

;)
    The jumping game in GW2 was a big turn off for me as well ..
  • LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 648
    The key word I think everyone here can agree on is "regulation". Full loot PvP is an amazing, adrenaline filled experience, even if you don't personalty partake in the player-killing... Hell, i just get a rush out of trying to find ways to thwart the would-be killers. It adds a major gameplay element of risk vs. reward that any PvE games entirely lacks.

It NEEDS to be regulated though!

My old-school MUDs had level restrictions to the PvPing to +/- 7 or 8 levels. Yeah, it sucked being on the bottom end of that scale, but there was still survivability against a higher level. Most PvP games now, forget that, and allow 100% PvP everywhere vs. everyone.

Unregulated guild structure also kills PvP with the 500+ member zerg guilds running around, "claiming" entire play areas, making it virtually impossible for any new players to even get a foothold.

This game is a matter of how the Devs actually handle these things...