Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Part 2 - Everquest - TheHiveLeader - EverQuest Videos - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• midnitewolfmidnitewolf Member UncommonPosts: 64
    I think what alot of people forget is that even vanilla EQ had classes that could solo, classes like the Necro or Mage come to mind. Generally speaking though, grouping was the best overall way to level and progress. However I think that was what made EQ great. You could kind of choose how social you wanted to be. Want to be the center of attention and always have a group, Cleric/Chanter. Want to be able to solo occasionally, play a Necro or Mage. The one big key though was difficulty because even if you took a Necro or Mage and soloed, it was extremely dangerous, one wrong move and you lost half a days worth of progression so there was always a sense of major risk. This meant not only was grouping generally faster, it was also safer.

As far as being able to solo in general, no I don't think all classes should be able to solo, just a few and then it should be more on the level of trash mob grinding while your waiting for a group or something, rather than soling entire dungeons and named mobs with ease as it is in modern game. It should be an option but grouping should be the encouraged method.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    You could solo in EQ. But for me, the greatest danger in doing that was not the natural dangers, but the danger of getting disconnected during a fight (since the internet was new and buggy). No one would be there to save you as a solo player. And if that happened even once, and you died (as was likely), as a solo player it pretty much erased any gain you made on that outing. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• Krynt0kKrynt0k Member UncommonPosts: 256
    I jumped back into the game since not playing since 2000. I am loving every second of it! Currently on Coirnav level 18 Druid named Kryntok. Btw hive, you got to level 14 and only have 14 plat? i have 60 plat currently so thats odd. Love your videos! It is what inspired me to get back on.
  • Krynt0kKrynt0k Member UncommonPosts: 256

Ppiper said:

I mostly soloed in EQ as a Druid quad kiting othmers and Spirocs for long time. Like someone said, once Luclin was released my days of porting for plat disappeared. I was soon gone thereafter.

Do you regret leaving?