Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft - Things to Do for Yourself Before Battle for Azeroth - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageWorld of Warcraft - Things to Do for Yourself Before Battle for Azeroth - MMORPG.com

With the pre-event for the next World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth hitting live servers by mid-July, now is a good time to get some things squared away for your account to make sure you’re ready to hit the ground running. We’ve come up with a list of some things you can do right now to make sure you’re ship shape ahead of the August 14th release of Battle for Azeroth.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited June 2018
    In b4 the "no flying SUCKS" debate begins.

[Deleted User]NephethShelassaOctagon7711Keldor837MrMelGibson

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• TintagilTintagil Member UncommonPosts: 214
    edited June 2018
    Collect as much gold as you can is right! That new dino mount with an auctioneer on it is 5mil gold lol.
    Post edited by Tintagil on
    SBFord
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    So inflated the economy every time I want to even play this depresses me to no end.

• princemogaprincemoga Member CommonPosts: 1
    edited July 2018
    That's making a lot of sense. Focus on collecting as much gold as you can. This War Of Mine Mod
    Post edited by princemoga on
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Play something else until classic launches.
    FrodoFragins
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    That's making a lot of sense. Focus on collecting as much gold as you can.
    Welcome to the boards!

You seem to need the gold collecting know how of Midas for this expansion. :)
    Tintagil said:
    Collect as much gold as you can is right! That not dino mount with an auctioneer on it is 5mil gold lol.
    I think it's 20 million gold.
    No as of right now it's 5mil for the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur (http://www.wowhead.com/news=284447/the-5-million-gold-mount-and-other-expensive-battle-for-azeroth-vendor-items).

I also believe you will get a modest discount once exalted with the faction, but will still be over 4mil.
    [Deleted User]
    To each their own I guess. I've been playing WoW since it launched, and personally I think it's a better game. I certainly have fond memories of those early days, and miss some elements of the older patches, but I don't think I could go back.
    DiscipledOneSBFordRnjypsySignexNephethMrMelGibsonHorusra
  • DiscipledOneDiscipledOne Member UncommonPosts: 103

Tintagil said:

To each their own I guess. I've been playing WoW since it launched, and personally I think it's a better game. I certainly have fond memories of those early days, and miss some elements of the older patches, but I don't think I could go back.

Me too, I will go back for a bit when it launches but Indont plan to stick with it. Already done all that content both when it was relevant and after.
    SBFordMrMelGibson
  • BlinkennBlinkenn Member UncommonPosts: 166
    Only one thing for me to do: unsubscribe.
    SBFordMoxom914MrMelGibson[Deleted User]
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927

Tintagil said:

Tintagil said:

Collect as much gold as you can is right! That not dino mount with an auctioneer on it is 5mil gold lol.

I think it's 20 million gold.

No as of right now it's 5mil for the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur (http://www.wowhead.com/news=284447/the-5-million-gold-mount-and-other-expensive-battle-for-azeroth-vendor-items).

I also believe you will get a modest discount once exalted with the faction, but will still be over 4mil.

The discount was removed, so no matter what's your rep it's 5 mil.

I'll be getting this mount down the road simply because I don't see it as such a big thing. Rather spend my gold on other stuff that I need at launch.
    MrMelGibson
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Loved the invasions and might give this one a go. Undecided...

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    yep that's my plan as well
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505

Yea, the list is mostly QoL prep. Not knocking the article, but I'm not a power gamer by any means, so I can deal with not having buttloads of movement speed pots, gliders, etc..

yep that's my plan as well
    Even if it never captures me long term, It'll be nice to see the old world again. I haven't held any interest in current WoW since I got my Druid to 92 back in WoD. 2 levels into that expansion, I'd had enough. Never looked back.
    MadFrenchie
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Number one on the list should be, delete the game off the harddisk. 
    Moxom914JeffSpicoli[Deleted User]MrMelGibson

Yea, the list is mostly QoL prep. Not knocking the article, but I'm not a power gamer by any means, so I can deal with not having buttloads of movement speed pots, gliders, etc..
    I played that "game". Prepping for the expansion. Yeah, well. It didn't workout like I planned. Towards the end of TBC, I started leveling a Pally in prep for Wrath. Only, the day it launched, I rolled a DK.......go figure.
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Everything because BFA beta is awesome, can t wait.
    [Deleted User]Nepheth
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558

Ozmodan said:

Number one on the list should be, delete the game off the harddisk. 

Ya for you, weird some people like it. I might add it will still be around long after the MMO you like {if any} will be shut down.
    MrMelGibson
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Id honestly rather re-caulk the bathtub than do any of those things. I am looking forward to BFA though
    MadFrenchieMrMelGibson
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• Keldor837Keldor837 Member UncommonPosts: 263
    The only artifact appearances worth the re-sub to unlock is Demo lock imo. New druid forms are going to dwarf most of the appearance unlocks druids have. And unlike all the other classes. Demo locks will be able to have the skull while using any other weapon/transmog. So you get to keep the legion feel while using new shinies.
    SBFordMrMelGibson
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Looks like some new content got released today.  My Alliance character got summoned to Silithus and my Horde character to Orgrimmar.
    Yep, when you retire your artifact, it will be "boosted" to max level until later in BfA when you can mount it on the wall in your non-existent housing instance. :D They should have added that to our garrisons. :P
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]MrMelGibson

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439
    I can't wait to start my Retadin build in Classic WoW. Oh yeah, and No Flying Sucks! (j/k)
  • Miles432Miles432 Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    I see the movie warcraft and I like it. I have been waiting for warcraft 2 
    ____________________________________________________________________________________
    Regards: Read More
  • MelodipaceMelodipace Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    Shadowlands for newcomers will be quite a good change.
This discussion has been closed.