Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Producer's Letter Announces Server Consolodation - Bless - MMORPG.com

1235»

Comments

• ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825

Sovrath said:

cheyane said:

Open PvP is horrible but hey keep making these games I'm sure it will sink in one day.

If I go to "The Cheesecake factory and have a piece of cheesecake it's going to be "meh."

If I go to Denny's and have a piece of their cheesecake it's going to be bad.

If I go to the supermarket and buy one of the various frozen cheesecakes they are going to range from meh to bad.

So they should learn and stop making cheesecake!

Oh wait, I could just go to "Two Little Red Hens" or "Eileens" or Juniors in New York and actually have a good piece of cheesecake.

If you are going to judge an open pvp game then pick a game that is considered the quintessential great pvp game.

Open pvp is absolutely fine. In a game that can handle it.

Or I can make the cheesecake myself given what I've tried and know from eating it, testing ingredients, and having some help from people who love eating it. However, when everyone only has cheesecake for too long, even the best cheesecake gets boring....even if bought from the cheesecake capital of the world.

This is what I think of that subgenre of mmorpgs right now.
    One can be craft Cheesecake,
    even at its best... still is Cheesecake.

Not everyone will like it.
    And there will always be haters.
    ...and eventually it can fall out of popularity.

Open World PvP was popular way back when all games were subscription based and people had the time and energy to grind forever for the power to kill others, and eventually gank weak players.

The strong survived, but the weak who kept on getting ganked (who were many) regardless if they are care bears or not, left the game....along with that subgenre and pretty soon the good and elite players were the ones remaining, feeling alone... killing off one another.

Eventually the population dwindled.
    They tried to inject flavor into their Cheesecake..
    but Cheesecake is Cheesecake any way you slice it.

We can discuss how to cook the best Cheesecake known to man.
    It can be special
    It can be epic.
    It can even reign supreme in the eyes of the masses.

But like I said before...
    Cheesecake is Cheesecake,
    any way you slice it.

....and even the best will fade out of popularity eventually.
    Including anything we conjure up.

The Age of Cheesecake is over.
    The masses have spoken.
    They want Angel Cake or Devils Food.

All hail the death of cheesecake.
    Thousands and Thousands of Slices up for grabs..
    But less and less people every year want them.
    So they rot
    and are forgotten.
    only to leave a bad taste if remembered.
  • SolancerSolancer Member UncommonPosts: 121
    My 2 cents, I didn't expect this server merge so soon, given the number of wise ppl had pre-pay and everything. Bless as a game is good, just the foundation of the core code is are badly written. I might even say it be more costly and a bigger team to rewrite the code than as to create a whole new game. Would explain why the team didn't even patch the item dup exploit.

Ask for PvP in a RPG is a silly idea/feature to include. How much sense in term of balance in a purposely design weakness in classes base system? Well you could argue for a challenge reason, however, that is not something most ppl that goes into a open world mmorpg for. PvE players can accept a challenge in regards to fight off an invasion, run deadly dungeons, or simply to save someone from mass over run argo group of mobs. In short PvE-er have logical/good reason for their action, while the PvP-er just do random stuff, mainly killing everything and contribute to down grade the WHOLE experience/reaon of PLAYING together in the true meaning of MMORPG games are supposedly design for.

When games put/allow 2 different ethical groups into one game ofc it won't do well. Ask for the ppl saying PvP can work "IF DONE RIGHT" which I would ask according to Who? There is no universal right and fair rules to setup this crazy "if done right" statement. Then there is Aion or BDO argument it working for them. If not for the obvious, I would simply say if Aion or BDO where to drop all Female chars then we can come back and have a decision on how well will it do without the aesthetic reasoning behind that.

Regardless, Bless itself is not a bad game, just the code/engine/what have you are. Ever since 2014 the mmo genre are in decline as it is, now the list of playable games got one less and that not a good thing for mmo space as a whole.
  • axtrantiaxtranti Member UncommonPosts: 95
    played this in JP version for 40 minutes and uninstalled it swiftly. Shame on whoever payed 39$ for this pile garbage. Shame on all the people that made fun of me, now they all refunded and are back to their original mmo. Aion did better than this on release and probably would still do better than this. How can anyone consider buying a game like this for 39$ in 2018, you're so freaking desperate for a good mmorpg. Stop feeding companies like this money they do not deserve and some day, someone might actually make an mmorpg worth paying for. As it is now, the 'savior' of mmorpgs wont come any time soon.

asdasdasd

• ray12kray12k Member UncommonPosts: 487
    kitarad said:
    ray12k said:
    Lol this thread is funny.... Carebears crying about pvp... Pvp mmorpgs/mmos are the biggest money makers(check the data). Most people don't play a game just to prance around in gear and fight brain dead npc's... IMO carebears are killing the genre. 
    Which PvP MMORPG are you talking about .The money maker you mentioned and please don't name an MMO but an MMORPG.
    ? Just Google it kid. Pvp mmorpgs have been the top money makers for a bit. 
    craftseekerPhryMadFrenchieKyleranAeander
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    So would games like Bless be better off just staying in alpha or beta for years and years?
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    ray12k said:
    kitarad said:
    ray12k said:
    Lol this thread is funny.... Carebears crying about pvp... Pvp mmorpgs/mmos are the biggest money makers(check the data). Most people don't play a game just to prance around in gear and fight brain dead npc's... IMO carebears are killing the genre. 
    Which PvP MMORPG are you talking about .The money maker you mentioned and please don't name an MMO but an MMORPG.
    You cannot name any got it, I knew it. MMOs don't count only MMORPGs.
    Phry

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    kitarad said:
    ray12k said:
    kitarad said:
    ray12k said:
    Well, the most lucrative MMO's MMORPG etc. are PVE orientated, though not entirely PVE, even games like BDO are more PVE biased than PVP (karma system ftw!) as for profitable PVP MMO's of whatever type, i don't think i can name one without drifting into MOBA's which are a different genre of game altogether, and if the guy is talking about Fortnite and League of Legends, totally not MMO's of any variety let alone MMORPG's so if he can't name one himself without alluding to some imaginary game that somehow only exists through the power of google  ;)
    cheyaneMadFrenchiekitarad
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Phry said:
    kitarad said:
    ray12k said:
    kitarad said:
    ray12k said:
    Well, the most lucrative MMO's MMORPG etc. are PVE orientated, though not entirely PVE, even games like BDO are more PVE biased than PVP (karma system ftw!) as for profitable PVP MMO's of whatever type, i don't think i can name one without drifting into MOBA's which are a different genre of game altogether, and if the guy is talking about Fortnite and League of Legends, totally not MMO's of any variety let alone MMORPG's so if he can't name one himself without alluding to some imaginary game that somehow only exists through the power of google  ;)
    Yea, the moneymakers have largely included both PvE and PvP, and generally have systems governing their PvP.

Not sure what that guy is on about.

• cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445
    edited June 2018
    newsflash...only 5k players left :)
    edit: only in 1 month...new mmo fail record?