Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looks like the WOW killer has finally arrived?

13»

Comments

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Since WoW Classic is the WoW killer, shouldn't we just call it the WoW Rejuvenator?

JeffSpicoliHatefull

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,737
    Anyone that played Everquest for any length of time knew that in time WoW would have its issues...The reason why? Expansions......Just like in EQ, certain expansions will be gamebreakers for some of the people.
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Anyone that played Everquest for any length of time knew that in time WoW would have its issues...The reason why? Expansions......Just like in EQ, certain expansions will be gamebreakers for some of the people.
    Well, I would say certain shifts in gameplay focus to cater to certain audiences or appeal to new audiences while alienating or angering other audiences that usually happen with expansions.  

The other thing, and I think this is a big one people miss all the time, is that I have a hard time getting into older games that I used to like but have too many expansions because of tons of reasons.  I'm assuming this is true for many others too.

LotRO and EQ2 are two games I like but never play because of expansions.  When LoTRO did their progression server I got back into it, but knowing the progression was going to go so fast just killed it for me.  If they had two years between expansions I would have been able to get into it.  Four months had some sort of mental effect on me that just excluded me from being able to get into it.
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Dragnelus said:
    You can say what you want its very popular on twitch, ingame its croud. Most of them just game and dont bother talkin about the game. 

Wish I would still enjoy it :(
    Agreed, I can't even Dl the game. I can't even remember the last expansion I tried to play.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.