Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Made You Pledge?

Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 424
I'm talking about after the success from Kickstarter. Been really interested in paying for the $50 Patron Starter package but wondering why others before have pledge to play the game? Just curious on what made you guys pledge. 

Thanks! 

Comments

• JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,239
    I haven't pledged yet, tho it's somewhat random in my case - I could do it easily for so many reasons. 

Anyway, at this point I wouldn't pledge to play the game and I wouldn't recommend anyone pledging for that reason alone - Crowfall is not a game yet, but an alpha testing environment; And I believe it will stay so till at least 2019.
     W...aaagh?
  • mikeb0817mikeb0817 Member UncommonPosts: 72
    edited June 2018
    I pledged a long time ago because I loved Shasowbane. Still not a ton to do in-game.  I log in every other month or so to see what's new. It's not at a point where you'd be sinking a lot of hours into it playing,  but if you want to support development by all mean pledge. 
    JamesGoblin
  • SiniestrohSiniestroh Member UncommonPosts: 14
    not pledge and will never do..I will wait for the game to be release and check it out.
    Mendel
  • MendelMendel Member EpicPosts: 2,830
    not pledge and will never do..I will wait for the game to be release and check it out.
    It will require a completed game.  Then any money I turn over to them will not be a 'pledge' or 'donation' or a 'gift', but a 'purchase'.  I've yet to see any game company with a 501C charitable status.
    bentrim

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 19,817
    edited June 2018
    Tom Mahler told me to support him or else lol

Kidding aside - there are some really good folks on the team that I am glad to give my money to
    bentrimJamesGoblin
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member EpicPosts: 8,396
    Waiting to see how it turns out also.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• bentrimbentrim Member UncommonPosts: 213

" a fool and his money are soon parted"    HOW TRUE!!!

JamesGoblin
  • Big.Daddy.SamediBig.Daddy.Samedi Member UncommonPosts: 288
    I pledged because I liked the idea of the game.... still do. Though I see flaws in the design, and really don't see it as an MMO exactly, but it is shaping up really well and I LOVE the races.
    Truvidien88

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 9,648
    edited June 2018
    Mendel said:
    It will require a completed game.  Then any money I turn over to them will not be a 'pledge' or 'donation' or a 'gift', but a 'purchase'.  I've yet to see any game company with a 501C charitable status.
    When they have a completed game, I'll pay for it. That is what Siniestroh said, and i agree with that. There is nothing charitable about selling a finished product. That is doing business.

Some may pledge to crowdfunding, and that is fine. I like to pay for finished products.

• FrykkaFrykka Member UncommonPosts: 102
    It is Shadowbane II in many ways meshed with SWG crafting and player economy.    The backgrounds of the Devs is solid making the risk of vaporware lower than any crowdfunded Indy title to date.
  • UngoodUngood Member EpicPosts: 2,172
    ... the more I think about it.. the more I think I confused Crowfall with Camelot Unchained.. that's gonna be a a few hundred dollar fuck up if I am wrong..

Truvidien88
    There is no Truth, only the Illusions we wish to Cling to. Knowing this, why do we all cling to such shitty illusions?
    Currently Playing Eternal Crusade, because killing people with a Chainsword is more fun then a sniper rifle.