Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Fifth Anniversary Retrospective - 18M Players, 13 Modules & More - Neverwinter Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited June 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageA Fifth Anniversary Retrospective - 18M Players, 13 Modules & More - Neverwinter Videos - MMORPG.com

Neverwinter is celebrating its fifth anniversary with a brand new retrospective trailer and the news that over 18 million players have taken part over the years while developers have released thirteen content-packed modules.

Read the full story here

Comments

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    Neverwinter respect one of the best free games i ever played;)
  • JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883
    Is it really that populated? I know they mean registered in total. But how well is the ACTIVE player-base?
    Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    I've been in and out the last couple of months and it's pretty hoping and busy.  Lots of friendly people.  Minimal spam.  I just don't have time for gaming/MMO's like I used to.  Shame those days are gone.
    Moxom914GameolioDan
  • anilkanilk Member CommonPosts: 1

JakeSim said:

Is it really that populated? I know they mean registered in total. But how well is the ACTIVE player-base?

2.5m total player, 1000+ active players lol
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    7 out of 13 mods were useless because mod6 killed the game by introducing stupidly long grind leveling from 60 to 70 - 2+ years later I still don't have a single L70 toon (out of five), deleting the game after getting a single level during a week.

Thank you for your time!

• koldmiserkoldmiser Member RarePosts: 348
    I played the hell out of this for about 2 solid years. Really loved it. It just fell into that trap of making it hard to progress without dumping money into it. I don't mind spending money on F2P games, but not the kind it would have taken.
  • nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    This game would of been better if it was not such a cash shop heavy game. Other then that still play form time to time and still have not gotten into any content other then the base game stuff cause you have to buy companions from the cash shop or spend alot of time farming for astro shards to get past that point.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    3dom said:
    7 out of 13 mods were useless because mod6 killed the game by introducing stupidly long grind leveling from 60 to 70 - 2+ years later I still don't have a single L70 toon (out of five), deleting the game after getting a single level during a week.
    Maybe you should reinstall then, a few months ago there was an update addressing exactly that, and speeding up the 60 to 70 route.

I like these fun facts, they have a few in the game as well, as part of the 5 year event, like CW died the most and as expected OP died the least times, or that over 6 million dragons were slayed in this 5 years :wink:

nolic1 that's true, but there's plenty of events on the other hand, where they give away free ones. This current birthday event you could get 3 companions by just simply logging in... (one green, one blue, and at the end there will be a purple)
  • simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709
    edited June 2018
    Leveling is now a breeze, for those interested to get one character to 70.

I feel the game needs a serious revamp as it's really really hard for new players to catch up.

Those old campaigns need serious changes. Cryptic continues to keep them time gated so they take months of doing dailies and weeklies. The same 3-4 mega-boring dailies and weeklies (in some cases, just one daily which you have to do for a month or more). The campaigns have practically no rewards now except the boons. Also, most of their maps are empty. Obviously, there's the "buy this item for 30 bucks, complete the campaign, get all the boons" thing in the item shop.

At the same time they push new content, of brutal difficulty if you're not top-geared. By the time you're done with the old campaigns, you are behind 2 modules again, and again you have to grind through some (now) old campaigns, also time gated. You have to do the campaigns for every alt you want at endgame. 

On the other hand, after you pass the point and are done with the horrendous campaign grinding, there is practically nothing to do except (usually) one top tier dungeon which you might still need and maybe currency farming. People rarely roll many alts for endgame, as no one wants to go through the campaign pain again.

Also, the item level system which they have needs massive changes, as it is not based on character stats but on fabricated numbers e.g. if i get a piece which gives me 100 in a stat the game gives me let's say 100 ilvl, if i get a boon which gives me 400 in a stat, the game gives me 30 ilvl. Obviously, all the content is gated behind ilvl so you need to get every drop of it, that's why you cannot skip old campaigns etc. 

In short, if you want to level to max, do some dungeons, explore, the game is great. If you want endgame, it's korean-style: enhancing with 1% chances on multiple items, time-gated grinding, daily currency caps, grinding the same mindless dungeon for currency etc.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    Great game, hate the loot boxes!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!