Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Living World Season 4 Episode 3 Long Live the Lich Trailer - Guild Wars 2 Videos - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Asch126 said:
    Really hate that the legendary is a Warhorn when the community has been begging for a Longbow for years.
    I don't use LB in any build I have, but I've been wondering the same thing too.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Asch126 said:
    Really hate that the legendary is a Warhorn when the community has been begging for a Longbow for years.
    The entire weapon set (minus underwater) is getting a new legendary weapon. No doubt all of them have been in development and will be released in order of readiness and often thematic ties to the story itself.

There are only 3 legendary weapons to go in generation 2 - longbow, greatsword, and scepter. I strongly suspect we'll receive all of them via living world before the next expansion. 
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Still kinda pissed they didn't move the Axe over to PoF, and we still need to do HoT to complete it.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

Ungood said:
    Still kinda pissed they didn't move the Axe over to PoF, and we still need to do HoT to complete it.
    That is unlikely to change. Astralaria was part of the original precursor collection system (alongside Chuka, Nevermore, and Hope) that featured complete collection quests that required one to do Maguuma content. These quests are intregrated into the entire crafting progress. So porting them to also work with PoF would require completely reworking their entire crafting process (and possibly deleting some really fun and interesting quests).
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    That was fun to watch esp "the mask" nod.
    Chamber of Chains
  • BobRichmondBobRichmond Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Just one comment about PLAYING previous Living World content. Season 2 can be played by anyone, Season 3 can only be played if you also have the Heart of Thorns expansion, and Season 4 can only be played if you also have the Path of Fire expansion.

Bob

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    Gotta love GW2 and all these amazing "Living Story" patches for free!
    Not than i'm playing the game fulltime now, but i always go back for each new bite of content and expend some money on their shop to support what they are doing!
    ArenaNet are outdoing themselves with GW2!
    Doing a great job with the game. I just cannot wait for next expansión!
    I would really love to see some Domain of Anguish expansión someday… but i bet Cantha will be next….
  • GameolioDanGameolioDan Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Still haven't got that griffon, and now there's a roller-beetle?! Well, things to look forward to... at some point. So much to do!
    G'day! Aussie guy that records videos of his gameplay. I stream gameplay too.

Youtube: http://youtube.com/c/gameoliodan
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/gameoliodan
    Zzad said:
    Not than i'm playing the game fulltime now, but i always go back for each new bite of content and expend some money on their shop to support what they are doing!
    I would really love to see some Domain of Anguish expansión someday… but i bet Cantha will be next….
    I certainly hope so. Cantha, especially the Echovald Forest and Jade Sea, has so much beauty to explore. 

I expect that we'll receive the Domain of Anguish as a raid someday. It doesn't seem like a place that we would be exploring as a regular map in GW2. I'm open to being wrong, of course.
    Zzad
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Loke666 said:
    I am not sure about that new mount, it looks a bit on the silly side. How about giving us a war chariot or something instead? But I do like Joko, megalomanical overlords are always fun. :)
    It does, doesn't it?

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Aeander said:
    Zzad said:
    I certainly hope so. Cantha, especially the Echovald Forest and Jade Sea, has so much beauty to explore. 

I expect that we'll receive the Domain of Anguish as a raid someday. It doesn't seem like a place that we would be exploring as a regular map in GW2. I'm open to being wrong, of course.
    Not sure, I mean, I dunno how popular Raids really are in GW2, but.. if they put some kind of major story/lore area behind a raid.. I am sure all the casuals would get a bit more then pissed about that, and while I don't think it would be a game ending mistake, it would make for some seriously bad PR.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

Ungood said:
    Aeander said:
    Zzad said:

Not sure, I mean, I dunno how popular Raids really are in GW2, but.. if they put some kind of major story/lore area behind a raid.. I am sure all the casuals would get a bit more then pissed about that, and while I don't think it would be a game ending mistake, it would make for some seriously bad PR.
    The raid stories have been pretty significant thus far. I mean, they handled the Saul D'Allesio story, the awakening of Lazarus, and the Underworld & Dhuum. These are all pretty major events in GW lore, and while there has always been some debate on the matter, it is hardly a PR disaster.

The thing about Domain of Anguish is that it was always an elite only area, unless we are talking about the Realm of Torment as a whole. Even if we expand this to the Realm of Torment, the area was historically significant but has no current or past bearing on the story of Guild Wars 2. It's a safe option for a raid unless the living story goes in a direction that makes the RoT/DoA plot relevant.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Already getting game guides in my news feeds. 0_o

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey