Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 - Is It Time to Say Goodbye to Black Lion Chests (Lootboxes)? - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921
    Not the biggest fan of loot boxes, but if you need them to continue to make the revenue required to justify continued operation to shareholders and such then make the items in them fully tradeable between players.

Combine that with not making money making an obnoxious grind and then people who have time have the option to get them from people who do not but who have money.

Guild Wars 2 has a model that would actually make this very acceptable to me, because there is no power creep in the game, I mean sure if you have a stupid amount of money to splash you can just outright sell the stuff to get a legendary, but in GW 2 getting one of those is more about the skin than the stats anyway, that is the only part I would change make the legendaries non tradeable and make the BLC items tradeable.

They would probably sell more this way too.
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    then what will happen to all gambling addicts that are holding this game over water? Justice will be served.
    Aeander
  • Fallen5Fallen5 Member UncommonPosts: 99
    i think in gw2 theyre fine. we can buy them with gold and the game is already designed to have a shop the way it does. i actually like them in the game and i dont even buy any keys. i know when ive unlocked everything else with gold i can still buy the chests.
  • MowzerMowzer Member UncommonPosts: 78
    I hate rng loot boxes, but in GW2, and considering this game is B2P, and the exchangable in game currency, I dont find the boxes a problem. In other words, GW2 gets a pass from me with them.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Mowzer said:
    I hate rng loot boxes, but in GW2, and considering this game is B2P, and the exchangable in game currency, I dont find the boxes a problem. In other words, GW2 gets a pass from me with them.
    I find that interesting, the people who don't find them a problem are often the ones that don't buy them because they have no need to.  Loot boxes in GW2 are somewhat meaningless, no reason to have them in my opinion. 

Kind of strange that an item that doesn't really matter to most of the gaming population still costs so much in the cash shop.  You'd think they'd try to at least make them more enticing... up the rarity rate, or start putting BLST's in every chest instead of those awful statues.