Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you classify this? Seriously, be honest.

RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,561
You're in a full group, fighting an important boss that's killed you several times, wiping your entire party over and over. However, the next time you enter into the boss fight, when you die, you use Lumena to resurrect at the boss fight and continue taking him down. So, what is a next to an impossible fight, can clearly be overcome simply by using Lumena to rezz yourself.

Boss drops an important item to progress in crafting as well as drops a piece of purple quality gear...

LOL, you can't make this stuff up and people say this isn't a P2W game.

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 6,630
    Rhoklaw said:
    You're in a full group, fighting an important boss that's killed you several times, wiping your entire party over and over. However, the next time you enter into the boss fight, when you die, you use Lumena to resurrect at the boss fight and continue taking him down. So, what is a next to an impossible fight, can clearly be overcome simply by using Lumena to rezz yourself.

Boss drops an important item to progress in crafting as well as drops a piece of purple quality gear...

"Convenience" bro, "convenience." I mean personally, I dont want to see the option to rez via lumina or even being able to teleport to dungeons via lumina in the game, but its honestly not different than the thing bdo had that let you rez on the spot I think. People got mad and got over it. Game will be dead by the end of the year anyway, so I guess I've started to conserve my energy on caring. Plus the knights in white will say something like "You can earn lumina in game" or "you dont HAVE to use lumina to instant rez" etc etc.
    Rhoklaw
  • RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,561
    Albatroes said:
    Rhoklaw said:

"Convenience" bro, "convenience." I mean personally, I dont want to see the option to rez via lumina or even being able to teleport to dungeons via lumina in the game, but its honestly not different than the thing bdo had that let you rez on the spot I think. People got mad and got over it. Game will be dead by the end of the year anyway, so I guess I've started to conserve my energy on caring. Plus the knights in white will say something like "You can earn lumina in game" or "you dont HAVE to use lumina to instant rez" etc etc.
    I'm not entirely sure how "earning" Lumena works in Bless Online, but I do know you get like 50 something at level 30 and some more when you reach level 45, but those are acquired from the level up boxes, not by doing anything specific to earning Lumena in-game. Still, the point is, people that purchase Lumena can basically rezz as much as they want or need to during a boss fight eliminating the need to start the boss fight over. So in essence, people are paying for loot is what it boils down to and yes I know, it's just a "convenience" perk.

• WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 274
    How would you monetize the game if you owned it? 
  • jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 306
    I dont play bless, but in general people like the game then people will support it by cosmetic items.  Look at fortnite for example.  People pay for outfits, dances, etc etc, but none of that stuff is needed.  In an mmo people will buy mounts, pets, outfits, weapon skins, etc etc  I might also sell something like a pop up vendor or AH or something along those lines. 
  • BrunlinBrunlin Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Rhoklaw said:

It isnt pay to win, but at this point it doesnt matter. Pay 2 win isnt the problem with this game, its just unplayable with lack of content, optimization, poor communication, hacks because of poor coding. They used a older version of the game and added the new combat to it, knowing the problems with the old build. Why they did use the Japan version, which is the latest version...instead of the Korean one is beyond me. Now if they do pull a miracle off and stabalize everything with a miracle patch......its still to late, a good portion of people are gone.

If at first you don’t succeed, call it version 1.0

WarWitch said:
    How would you monetize the game if you owned it? 
    Well, first off, this is barely a game, because if it was a game, it would be monetized with a subscription, just like World of Warcraft or FFXIV. The thing is, they know they can make a ton of cash by utilizing the PvP focus as a means to entice people to be competitive or they could sell armor, pet and mount skins. I'm not saying selling Lumena which can be used for instant rezzes at boss fights isn't smart economically, I'm saying that is what is commonly referred to as P2W and I don't know of too many people that like that.

• MisterZebubMisterZebub Member LegendaryPosts: 3,584
    Rhoklaw said:

I'd classify it as just one more fly in a giant shit sandwich. The bigger question you should be asking yourself is why you knowingly ordered a shit sandwich in the first place.

"You have kept me at your beck and call for fifteen years. I shall never again do what you demand of me. By every rule of single combat, from this moment your life belongs to me. Is that not correct? Then I shall simply declare you dead. In all of your dealings with me, you'll do me the courtesy to conduct yourself as a dead man. I have submitted to your notions of honor long enough. You will now submit to mine."

Rhoklaw said:

I'd classify it as just one more fly in a giant shit sandwich. The bigger question you should be asking yourself is why you knowingly ordered a shit sandwich in the first place.
    I've already pointed out why I ordered this shit sandwich. I was bored. However, that shouldn't stop me from pointing out another P2W aspect that people claim doesn't exist in the game.