Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for advice!

ShadowzanonShadowzanon Member UncommonPosts: 350
I just decided to fire up ESO once more. kinda miss the game, however its been over a year that I have touched the game and cannot remember jack squat as in how to play the class i was playing. 

I feel like starting new just to get the general feel of the game again. 
But what class to play comes to mind. I know i like playing dps that has some sort of healing. So what would be advised?

Also, i know builds exsist, but there are so many sites to go to, to find a reliable build, what would be a reccomended site to play.

also last question. About the expansions, if I were to pay the monthly fee, does that open the expansions to me, or do i have to buy morrowind and summerset seperately.?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    A few months ago they added a build adviser to the skills screen.

It defaults to a basic one that isn't exactly stellar but if you click on the cog icon you have a choice of 5 builds for each class to follow. It will give you a list of 3 skills you should be working toward getting and on the general skills pane, any skills that will eventually form part of the build you selected will be highlighted with a different border.

You can do DPS/heals hybrids with any class but Templar and Warden excel at that and DK is probably the worst at that. Sorcerer is also very good due to the Twilight Matriarch's smart heal that heals whoever needs it the most and so is the magicka NB although they take a lot longer to make into a competent dungeon healer than the others. 

If you want to work toward that using the built-in advisor just keep clicking back and forth between the healer build and the magicka dps build. You'll see that they will have some skills in common and some unique ones. The biggest difference is that DPS/heals should use one destro staff and a resto staff which will be the recommendation for the healer build anyway. Pure magicka DPS will typically use 2 destro staves.

When I make alts I quite often do exactly what I'm recommending you do because aggressive healers or healish DPSers are also my favorite style. If you decide on a class and want more detail let me know and I can give you some tips specific to that class.
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibson
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    As a vamp nightblade having siphon and drain is really too easy.  With all the zones matching your level going to do the vamp quest is a lot easier also, plus they toned it down.

Usually just leveling up a character to 10 or 20 is enough to re-acclimate to the game and then  return to your old characters.  Warden is pretty easy also and very flexible, pet, melee, casting or not. Plus you probably have some champion points to add to your new character that are account wide. Which some guide videos on how to do animation canceling, it's worth it.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ShadowzanonShadowzanon Member UncommonPosts: 350
    Thanks for the suggestions and information. I decided on warden since its new. (atleast for me) plus getting a bear to fight by your side sounds awesome XD.
    Iselin[Deleted User]
  • SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    my dual wield night blade is dps

my shadowy disguise button is my heal - I stealth and wait for health to climb
    my shadowy disguise button is my tank - I stealth and wait for health to climb
    my shadowy disguise button is my food - I stealth and go have lunch

shadowy disguise fixes EVERYTHING

Sz  :)
    [Deleted User]