Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another Bless Emissary turns his back on the game

Comments

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,483
    Kyleran said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Sovrath said:
    DMKano said:
    And more are gone

Docgotgame is also done

https://clips.twitch.tv/SolidPopularReindeerAllenHuhu

This one caught me by surprise - Carth - the prime emissary and the biggest supporter of Bless, also the #1 Bless streamer - even he killed his stream yesterday.

This makes me wonder how serious they were in the first place.

It's one thing to not know what you are getting into but it seems like this is all just drama to gather views.
    I don't get this viewpoint personally. If the emissary system worked like it was supposed to work, and if Bless didn't turn out to be a steaming pile of crap, the emissaries would have made way more money, clicks, and views than they would just shitting on the game for drama reasons.

They would have been a direct link to the developers and could get answers to any issues that the community had which would naturally drive traffic to them. They would have been knowledgeable about aspects of the game that were on the horizon and were in the perfect position to build hype for the game, again driving traffic to their streams and youtube channel.

So when people say they're just doing it for drama views or jumping on the bandwagon for the clicks...it just kinda makes me laugh. That goes tripley so for these last few emissaries that stuck with Bless as long as possible. The fewer streamers/content creators there are supporting a game, the more likely your own content and streams for the game is to be seen. Which just means more money for you, a lot more than going off on a rant "because drama views".
    Yeah, but maybe when the wheels look like they are about to fall off these streamers decide its best to cut and run with as much noise as possible to draw them into the steamer's next project.00
    But is that surprising?  Do you think it should've been surprising to Neowiz?
    YashaX

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,019
    Kyleran said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Sovrath said:
    DMKano said:
    And more are gone

Docgotgame is also done

This one caught me by surprise - Carth - the prime emissary and the biggest supporter of Bless, also the #1 Bless streamer - even he killed his stream yesterday.

It's one thing to not know what you are getting into but it seems like this is all just drama to gather views.
    I don't get this viewpoint personally. If the emissary system worked like it was supposed to work, and if Bless didn't turn out to be a steaming pile of crap, the emissaries would have made way more money, clicks, and views than they would just shitting on the game for drama reasons.

They would have been a direct link to the developers and could get answers to any issues that the community had which would naturally drive traffic to them. They would have been knowledgeable about aspects of the game that were on the horizon and were in the perfect position to build hype for the game, again driving traffic to their streams and youtube channel.

So when people say they're just doing it for drama views or jumping on the bandwagon for the clicks...it just kinda makes me laugh. That goes tripley so for these last few emissaries that stuck with Bless as long as possible. The fewer streamers/content creators there are supporting a game, the more likely your own content and streams for the game is to be seen. Which just means more money for you, a lot more than going off on a rant "because drama views".
    Yeah, but maybe when the wheels look like they are about to fall off these streamers decide its best to cut and run with as much noise as possible to draw them into the steamer's next project.00
    I can understand that, but if the wheels look like they are about to fall off that means it's probably a shit game so who would continue to play a shit game when their job is literally to play games that people can be interested in(not to mention the game they're playing should at least be some level of fun)?

They're not hating on Bless just to hate on it for no reason other than to get views. They owe their viewers an explanation for why they're leaving and most of them even apologizing for hyping up the game to such a degree and making people waste their money.

I just don't really see it as them creating as much noise on their way out. If i was offered a position like that, and it turned out i was basically being used by the company to hype their game for them and whenever i asked questions, i just got the runaround...on top of the in-game issues Bless had, i'd be pretty pissed to the point of needing to let it out in video format on exactly why i'd no longer be playing Bless and apologize to anyone i mislead into thinking it was going to be a great game.

Don't get me wrong, i'm sure some people are just trying to funnel people in their next definitely not Bless project 2.0. But, most of the videos i've seen from the emissaries at least, don't fall in that category. They're just getting their thoughts out detailing the issues they had with the game and emissary program, apologizing for making their viewers think it was gonna be this amazing game, and that's really it.
    RhomsYashaX

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

edited June 2018
    Iselin said:
    DMKano said:
    Warning language

This is JonahVeil - now an ex-emissary for Bless

https://clips.twitch.tv/ElegantPunchyGrassVoteNay
    Yeah but why? That video is just some dude saying he has changed his mind about it being a cash grab. Details please.

And WTF is an "emmisary"? Is that just a Bless euphemism for "influencer"? Why would anyone in their right mind have listened to them in the first place?

Sounds just like paid mercenary pseudo-journalists leaving a sinking ship to try to salvage what credibility they have and cash in somewhere else down the line.

God, people are getting stupider by the minute these days.
    Just watched the video Kano posted about the first emissary who left.

Piss poor translation (some literally translated into words that are completely incorrect and make no sense), 10-15 FPS, 30+ minutes to complete tutorial because of the way a quest item spawns, among other issues.  The translation seems to be "we put this into Google translate the copy/pasted the result back into the game" levels of atrocious.

Have to agree with the emissary, this shit was a cash grab of the highest order.  They "localized" it but didn't even check the translations.  They made mistakes that titles made years ago and have already learned from.  It's a step backwards for the genre.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 6,692
    Remember all that Dark and Light hype (though ended up not being a mmorpg as first advertised) last year....? And Revelation Online before that (I was on the bandwagon for that game....unfortunately)
  • RhomsRhoms Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Sephiroso said:
    Kyleran said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Sovrath said:
    DMKano said:
    And more are gone

Docgotgame is also done

[....]

They're not hating on Bless just to hate on it for no reason other than to get views. They owe their viewers an explanation for why they're leaving and most of them even apologizing for hyping up the game to such a degree and making people waste their money.

I just don't really see it as them creating as much noise on their way out. If i was offered a position like that, and it turned out i was basically being used by the company to hype their game for them and whenever i asked questions, i just got the runaround...on top of the in-game issues Bless had, i'd be pretty pissed to the point of needing to let it out in video format on exactly why i'd no longer be playing Bless and apologize to anyone i mislead into thinking it was going to be a great game.

Don't get me wrong, i'm sure some people are just trying to funnel people in their next definitely not Bless project 2.0. But, most of the videos i've seen from the emissaries at least, don't fall in that category. They're just getting their thoughts out detailing the issues they had with the game and emissary program, apologizing for making their viewers think it was gonna be this amazing game, and that's really it.
    That's a major concern: these content creators are going to be held accountable by their audiences in one way or another.  Their reputations are on the line, and it's in their best interest to call a turd a turd.  The audiences are too smart, and at this point, too wary and cynical to fall for content creators' potential attempts to hide the blood stains under the carpet.
    MadFrenchied_20craftseeker

Current game: Pillars of Eternity

Played: UO, AC, Eve, Fallen Earth, Aion, GW, GW2 

Tried: WOW, Rift, SWTOR, ESO 

Future: Camelot Unchained?  Crowfall?  Bless?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 34,500
    Iselin said:
    DMKano said:
    Warning language

Yeah but why? That video is just some dude saying he has changed his mind about it being a cash grab. Details please.

And WTF is an "emmisary"? Is that just a Bless euphemism for "influencer"? Why would anyone in their right mind have listened to them in the first place?

Sounds just like paid mercenary pseudo-journalists leaving a sinking ship to try to salvage what credibility they have and cash in somewhere else down the line.

Piss poor translation (some literally translated into words that are completely incorrect and make no sense), 10-15 FPS, 30+ minutes to complete tutorial because of the way a quest item spawns, among other issues.  The translation seems to be "we put this into Google translate the copy/pasted the result back into the game" levels of atrocious.

Have to agree with the emissary, this shit was a cash grab of the highest order.  They "localized" it but didn't even check the translations.  They made mistakes that titles made years ago and have already learned from.  It's a step backwards for the genre.
    Think about it.  How often do people say they rarely or never read the quest or story text? Look how many claim to be enjoying themselves in spite of this.

Sort of makes sense they wouldnt spend much effort on it.
    MrMelGibson

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited June 2018
    Kyleran said:
    Iselin said:
    DMKano said:
    Warning language

Think about it.  How often do people say they rarely or never read the quest or story text? Look how many claim to be enjoying themselves in spite of this.

Sort of makes sense they wouldnt spend much effort on it.
    One of the first things you learn about consumers whenever you step into a customer service position: fair or not, customers will take simple things for granted right up until those things are taken away or fail.

EDIT- and the issues aren't relegated to flavor text.  Literally tutorial instructions were so badly translated it inhibited the streamer's ability to understand it.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 27,451
    edited June 2018
    Sephiroso said:
    Sovrath said:
    DMKano said:
    And more are gone

Docgotgame is also done

I'm talking about people who know the game, knew what they were getting into as some of the streamers seemed to.

I would say that if one doesn't know what one is getting into then "don't do it."

Why say you are going to do something without knowing what you are getting into?

I should also add that if an emissary is there to stream the game and be an "in between" between the company and the player base then they should do just that. Good and Bad.

They could feasibly cover things that need fixing and report back to neowiz with feedback.

They could "also" say to them, "I will do this for x amount of time and if the game doesn't recover I'll drop it."
    YashaX

• Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 595
    edited June 2018
    It's kind of funny... If anyone would have actually taken minute to think about this game before it launched and how it would do in NA, you woulda quickly realized it was bound to tank quicker than any other region.  Why? Because NA players are a hell of a lot more critical of issues in a game than other regions. 

The game failed in every other region it launched in, what made ANYONE think that it would be any different in NA?  It was going to happen even quicker in NA.  I personally haven't played the game and Im glad I haven't but following the games development, issues, etc it had through other regions, if you could put 2+2 together, you woulda known it was going to have the same exact issues here in NA but even quicker cause players here in NA are a hell of a lot more cutthroat. 

I can honestly say I am not surprised this shits tanking quicker than quick.  Just goes to show how bad NA players are chomping at the bit for a new MMO.  They bought into this pile of trash. 
    edited June 2018
    It's kind of funny... If anyone would have actually taken minute to think about this game before it launched and how it would do in NA, you woulda quickly realized it was bound to tank quicker than any other region.  Why? Because NA players are a hell of a lot more critical of issues in a game than other regions. 

The game failed in every other region it launched in, what made ANYONE think that it would be any different in NA?  It was going to happen even quicker in NA.  I personally haven't played the game and Im glad I haven't but following the games development, issues, etc it had through other regions, if you could put 2+2 together, you woulda known it was going to have the same exact issues here in NA but even quicker cause players here in NA are a hell of a lot more cutthroat. 

I can honestly say I am not surprised this shits tanking quicker than quick.  Just goes to show how bad NA players are chomping at the bit for a new MMO.  They bought into this pile of trash. 
    People should have know there were issues and bound to be new issues/continuing issues and approached the game with that in mind. So sure, I can agree with that.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 6,692
    The videos
    Sovrath said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Sovrath said:
    DMKano said:
    And more are gone

Docgotgame is also done

I'm talking about people who know the game, knew what they were getting into as some of the streamers seemed to.

I would say that if one doesn't know what one is getting into then "don't do it."

Why say you are going to do something without knowing what you are getting into?

I should also add that if an emissary is there to stream the game and be an "in between" between the company and the player base then they should do just that. Good and Bad.

They could feasibly cover things that need fixing and report back to neowiz with feedback.

They could "also" say to them, "I will do this for x amount of time and if the game doesn't recover I'll drop it."
    I dont really think it was as simple "they knew and still did it" or "they just didn't know." If you look into some of them, some have played previous versions while also actually going down to the convention or whatever it was called and played it there. A main point of contention about the game and some people not understanding is that the game's performance is too all over the place. You have people saying the game runs fine for them but most of the time we dont even know what they are playing on which has been reported by multiple sources that the game runs better on older hardware. Or you have those types that dont mind doing the developer's job for them like adjust ini files and such just to get better performance.

I think the video Anna posted on page 4 explains the sudden exodus best. The guy was playing for quite a while and tried his best on multiple occasions to explain problems while also waiting for responses and updates (which I think most should have done). It was as simple as him playing for a few days, saying the game is ass and bailing out. He was either ignored or given automated responses even though he was an emissary while also trying to get answers as to why these issues which have persisted (still exist) in other clients, made it to this one even though they were known about for years (like the dupe bug and now this auction house 'work around' thing).
    Albatroes said:
    The videos  He was either ignored or given automated responses even though he was an emissary while also trying to get answers as to why these issues which have persisted (still exist) in other clients, made it to this one even though they were known about for years (like the dupe bug and now this auction house 'work around' thing).
    If that is indeed the case, and people were ignored, not given good answers, then sure that is more understandable. Having said that, going into the game and thinking there would be no issues is ridiculous.

Having said that, I play the game and went in fully knowing there would be and will be issues.

I have a hard time believing these emissaries thought the game would be "fixed."

But maybe it does to show us that Neowiz just wanted free PR and people just wanted streaming content.

And nothing more than that.

YashaX

• Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 595
    Sovrath said:

People should have know there were issues and bound to be new issues/continuing issues and approached the game with that in mind. So sure, I can agree with that.
    Exactly.

I mean anyone who plays games woulda known this game had many issues before coming to NA... Not hard to see that one.  That said, it just goes to show how badly ppl are wanting a new mmo to play. 
    SovrathYashaX
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member EpicPosts: 2,938
    I think most of the emissaries went in purely for personal gain. And when that gain could be found by becoming "very critical" they took that route. I don't view them as anything special or knowledgeable, they are in it for the viewers, lets not pretend they are here to uphold the product Bless.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    d_20YashaX
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,802
    I wonder what it was that led him to finally say the game was a cash grab?  I'm guessing this has to do with post level 45 gameplay?  I have multiple alts in the game, but none have reached max level yet.  

I can definitely see problems with the game.  I have a few myself for sure.  I do however think it's worth the $30 for the game, so not sure if I would call it a 'cash grab.'  

DMKano said:
    Albatroes said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Albatroes said:
    I'll be honest, people now getting off the bandwagon for Bless are pretty stupid. The current game has had the same problems for years and people are shocked because they didn't properly research the game or thought "this time would be different because Neowiz is both the developer and publisher..."
    That is true, I have played the Asian version and I was saying just this, this still has old issues, high problems with lack of content and so.

Meanwhile, the west was all "omg hype". Games like Lost Ark are the opposite, not much exposure here and exceed expectations when they get to play.

I would really have to recommend people A:IR if it ever comes to the west, it's mostly what people wanted from Bless. I don't think this dev team is going to do a comeback anytime soon to keep people playing long-term.
    I don't know about A:IR. I mean the team behind it is more noteworthy than Neowiz, but if they haven't done anything about that optimization since the "pre-pre-alpha" trailer or whatever they want to call it, it won't matter. But coming out of the gate as f2p will probably help them in the long run, especially if they release late this year since there's gonna be some decent traffic in the "mmo-lite" genre next year. Going b2p like Neowiz will kill it just as fast especially since WoW's BFA expansion will be still be relatively fresh and most consumers are usually fiscal with their money in terms of entertainment.

Bless - Unreal Engine 3

A:IR - Unreal Engine 3

Explains that stutter in the A:IR trailer.

The real question is - why would A:IR use a 10 year old engine?

Answer, suits... The suits decided it would cost too much to use a decent engine. You see that all the time with such types. The same types that push things out the door, well before they are ready, just to make their quarterly report look good. or because the marketing suits jumped the gun.

That is VERY likely why they haven't been able to really fix things. The suits don't want the expense of having enough talent on hand to deal with problems in a timely fashion. It would hardly be the first (or last...) time that such things ruined a game (or an entire enterprise scale project...).
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • RhomsRhoms Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Sovrath said:
    Sephiroso said:
    Sovrath said:
    DMKano said:
    And more are gone

Docgotgame is also done

I think you might be giving some of the smaller streamers a little more business savvy cred than they actually had, but I'm sure they've gained quite a bit of practical experience after this emissary situation. ;)
    Sovrath

Current game: Pillars of Eternity

Played: UO, AC, Eve, Fallen Earth, Aion, GW, GW2 

Tried: WOW, Rift, SWTOR, ESO 

Future: Camelot Unchained?  Crowfall?  Bless?

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,019
    Sovrath said:
    Albatroes said:
    The videos  He was either ignored or given automated responses even though he was an emissary while also trying to get answers as to why these issues which have persisted (still exist) in other clients, made it to this one even though they were known about for years (like the dupe bug and now this auction house 'work around' thing).
    If that is indeed the case, and people were ignored, not given good answers, then sure that is more understandable. Having said that, going into the game and thinking there would be no issues is ridiculous.

Having said that, I play the game and went in fully knowing there would be and will be issues.

I have a hard time believing these emissaries thought the game would be "fixed."

But maybe it does to show us that Neowiz just wanted free PR and people just wanted streaming content.

And nothing more than that.

I don't think a single person went into Bless expecting 0 issues. No one goes into any mmorpg launch and expect 0 issues. Server lag and ques what not is just par for the course as literally everyone and their grandmother tries to log into the servers at the same time.

There's a world of difference between expecting 0 issues and the multitude of fundamental problems that absolutely should have been resolved before Bless launched. New bugs as a result of changes? Okay. But old shit like the AH dupes and the optimization that they claimed to fixed but made worse apparently is not okay.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• cheyanecheyane Member EpicPosts: 6,428
    I watch Korean drama and it takes a popular drama shown earlier in the day for me  which is night time in Korea about 6 -7 hours for an hour dialogue drama to be translated by volunteers and it is done quite well. Are you telling me you cannot get paid translators to work on a game when volunteers are doing a bang up job in dramas. Why have such shit translation?
    d_20
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 13,142
    Iselin said:
    DMKano said:
    Warning language

And yet it took the emissary how many days or weeks to stop shilling for the game?

I'm not saying the game isn't a POS converted with minimal effort and competence. I'm just questioning the whole "emissary no longer likes it" thing since they had very little credibility even when they said they liked it.

To me this thread topic translates into "paid liar tells new lie that contradicts the old lie" ... okay then :)

d_20MrMelGibsonYashaX
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    cheyane said:
    I watch Korean drama and it takes a popular drama shown earlier in the day for me  which is night time in Korea about 6 -7 hours for an hour dialogue drama to be translated by volunteers and it is done quite well. Are you telling me you cannot get paid translators to work on a game when volunteers are doing a bang up job in dramas. Why have such shit translation?
    There are a lot of university students in Korea, studying English, who would do an excellent job as unpaid interns because they are so desperate to put something on their resumes these days. Call it exploitation, if you want, but yeah, I agree. They could get it done by volunteers or interns better than some guy using google translate (and not using it well).

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    I'm surprised by the amount of threads about this game. Seems there is 3 or 4 more a day popping up lol  
    I just come here to see the white knights.

Iselin said:
    Iselin said:
    DMKano said:
    Warning language

And yet it took the emissary how many days or weeks to stop shilling for the game?

I'm not saying the game isn't a POS converted with minimal effort and competence. I'm just questioning the whole "emissary no longer likes it" thing since they had very little credibility even when they said they liked it.

To me this thread topic translates into "paid liar tells new lie that contradicts the old lie" ... okay then :)

People talk a whole lot about how the streamers benefitted, but no one wants to mention how Neowiz was getting free publicity pre-EA release.  This was an arrangement that benefitted both parties, I don't think anyone was under any delusions here.

That video was the first emissary to post.  He explains, if I'm not mistaken, that he had not had any opportunity to play prior to the early access release.

Either way, I would imagine streamers, as emissaries, would at least feel obligated to progress through the game before writing it off.  He also includes clips clearly showing the issues he was mentioning happened (including the tutorial translation issue and the quest item issue).

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,795
    I join Bless right after the first wave headstart. I have not run in to lag or fps problem or even menory leak. Balance I still it's a problem even some system still in play.
    Kyleran
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,651
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:
    DMKano said:
    Warning language

umm none of these guys were paid - so none were "paid shills"

Emissary program was done for free. 

Also as with anything - some emissaries were a lot worse than others, some of them were actually really honest and pretty much quit on day 1 of launch.

• DarkHighDarkHigh Member UncommonPosts: 149
    still better than what Trion turned archeage into
    Kylerand_20MrMelGibson