Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another Bless Emissary turns his back on the game

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Member EpicPosts: 6,519
    How long has it been since this game released? (Don't bother answering it's a rhetorical question)

The drop in population is indicative of some serious issues. They better pick up their pace and fix stuff. Nothing gets people more angry then when you don't fix exploits and on top of that allow the misbegotten gains to be kept.
    d_20
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,977
    kitarad said:
    Watched those two videos this game is a runaway wreck.

http://steamcharts.com/app/681660#1m

Game losing population alarmingly fast. Cannot hide from steam charts the decline.

I wish I could share the actual game metrics from some other MMORPGs - but the decline that Bless shows in 2 weeks is something that happens over 6+ months typically in other games.

It's a clear indication that Bless is trending straight into yet another regional failure.
  • BrunlinBrunlin Member UncommonPosts: 78
    edited June 2018
    AnnaTS said:
    SalmonMan said:
    Been playing this game since launch with about a dozen mates, and I’ve got my $30 worth. I’ve got, what 30-40 hours of fun out of it (still no characters to max yet) and I’ve paid more for shitier games that gave me less fun game time (looking at you no mans sky).

Christ, I took the family to the movies to see the latest Star Wars movie, Solo. It cost almost $150 for 3 hours of my life I cant get back.

Spoiler alert: its an average movie, cashing in on the star wars name.
    spoiler aler 2: han solo lives. lol.
    So you obviously think the standard for delivering a game should be a badly optimized, buggy game with content missing and charge for it, You do know some people only earn minimum wage and while $30 might not be much too you, It is for others. 
    I agree, however I dropped 70 dollars to me that isnt a lot of money and I love supporting MMOS without second thought. I really like the ideas that the game has, its a fun game but...The bugs, the god awful optimization for a ue3 game (Dx9 at that) the fact that Lumena and other ingame bought items is char bound....I dunno , the more time goes on and things reveal itself the more that I regret the money I dropped on Neowiz. Im like Sir Medieval, the streamer you posted...Im not quitting yet, Im giving them a little more time. Thats because I have a few peeps I started this game with,and I do like the features in this pvp game, but my patients is running out and the more time goes by the more i dread that i did drop 70 dollars on this game.

If at first you don’t succeed, call it version 1.0

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,031
    MaxBacon said:
    Albatroes said:
    I don't know about A:IR. I mean the team behind it is more noteworthy than Neowiz, but if they haven't done anything about that optimization since the "pre-pre-alpha" trailer or whatever they want to call it, it won't matter. But coming out of the gate as f2p will probably help them in the long run, especially if they release late this year since there's gonna be some decent traffic in the "mmo-lite" genre next year. Going b2p like Neowiz will kill it just as fast especially since WoW's BFA expansion will be still be relatively fresh and most consumers are usually fiscal with their money in terms of entertainment.
    A:IR uses the infamous UE3, that is a nightmare to optimize for MMO's. The one I've seen well optimized and good looks for it, is Lost Ark.

But as a game itself, it's a better bless, if they get past the optimization and some other issues.
    does that also have Faction PvP?

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 2,415
    DMKano said:
    AnnaTS said:
    Part 2. 

Great video - I hope he doesn't lose his emissary status as he is pretty dead on about actual reality of Bless currently - it wasn't bashing it wasn't negativity it's just how messed up things really are.

I watched about half of this. My understanding was that the "emissaries" were meant to promote the game not fucking rip into it like some crying manchild. How the fuck did the publisher let such asswipes be their official representatives, what a total breach of trust.
    edited June 2018
    YashaX said:
     How the fuck did the publisher let such asswipes be their official representatives, what a total breach of trust.

How the F did they release Bless in such a broken state.

Remember those  posts "so glad Neowiz is self publishing - this will be better for players to not have a greedy western publisher" - lol

Didn't turn out so great, did it?
    Brunlin
    DMKano said:
    YashaX said:
     How the fuck did the publisher let such asswipes be their official representatives, what a total breach of trust.

Remember those  posts "so glad Neowiz is self publishing - this will be better for players to not have a greedy western publisher" - lol

"Release"? Its in early access.

Many of the things that dumb fucker was ranting about-disconnecting in raids/bgs etc -, are issues that I experience in mmos that have been running for years.

These people were given a privileged position and are using it to boost their views by riding a wave of hate at the expense of a game they should be supporting.

You or another person giving reasonable criticism about a game is one thing, what these asshats are doing is something entirely different. I have absolutely no respect for them.
    MrMelGibson
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 34,926
    Brunlin said:
    AnnaTS said:
    SalmonMan said:
    Been playing this game since launch with about a dozen mates, and I’ve got my $30 worth. I’ve got, what 30-40 hours of fun out of it (still no characters to max yet) and I’ve paid more for shitier games that gave me less fun game time (looking at you no mans sky).

Christ, I took the family to the movies to see the latest Star Wars movie, Solo. It cost almost $150 for 3 hours of my life I cant get back.

Spoiler alert: its an average movie, cashing in on the star wars name.
    spoiler aler 2: han solo lives. lol.
    So you obviously think the standard for delivering a game should be a badly optimized, buggy game with content missing and charge for it, You do know some people only earn minimum wage and while $30 might not be much too you, It is for others. 
    I agree, however I dropped 70 dollars to me that isnt a lot of money and I love supporting MMOS without second thought. I really like the ideas that the game has, its a fun game but...The bugs, the god awful optimization for a ue3 game (Dx9 at that) the fact that Lumena and other ingame bought items is char bound....I dunno , the more time goes on and things reveal itself the more that I regret the money I dropped on Neowiz. Im like Sir Medieval, the streamer you posted...Im not quitting yet, Im giving them a little more time. Thats because I have a few peeps I started this game with,and I do like the features in this pvp game, but my patients is running out and the more time goes by the more i dread that i did drop 70 dollars on this game.
    I realize its your money to spend, but every time someone rewards devs with their cash when all the warning signs point to an inferior product it just encourages them and others to keep shoveling out junk.

Why not, people will buy it regardless...

RhomsScotsimmihi

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

YashaX said:
    DMKano said:
    YashaX said:

Many of the things that dumb fucker was ranting about-disconnecting in raids/bgs etc -, are issues that I experience in mmos that have been running for years.

These people were given a privileged position and are using it to boost their views by riding a wave of hate at the expense of a game they should be supporting.

You or another person giving reasonable criticism about a game is one thing, what these asshats are doing is something entirely different. I have absolutely no respect for them.

Early access - come on man.

The game was launched (and failed) multiple times - it's launched in Japan, and not early access there.

The fact that Neowiz took a finished game, removed features and broke it - and then put a "early access" label on a 5 year old game....

really?
    Nilden
  • RhomsRhoms Member UncommonPosts: 174
    YashaX said:
    DMKano said:
    YashaX said:

According to the bless website, part of the responsibility of an emissary is to provide feedback, share bug info, and elevate important issues to the team.  It's pretty clear that this emissary was extremely frustrated with how this process has been handled, on top of how the *no-wipe* EA release has been handled.  

I didn't see shill as part of the emissary description, nor do I think that this and other emissaries have it out for Neowiz.  It is pretty clear that many emissaries (and players) are extremely upset and disappointed.

Current game: Pillars of Eternity

Played: UO, AC, Eve, Fallen Earth, Aion, GW, GW2 

Tried: WOW, Rift, SWTOR, ESO 

Future: Camelot Unchained?  Crowfall?  Bless?

• pratt12200pratt12200 Member UncommonPosts: 30
    Kyleran said:
    DMKano said:
    One day people will learn that PVP games are destined to fail

Fortnite and LoL want a word with you
    Right, it's not that PVP games are destined to fail, it's when we mix PVP and PVE is when it's destined to fail. They don't mix well.
    Exactly, MMO's need to be PVE games.  If you try to build them straight up with mass PVP at the end they fail.  Watch how badly Crowfall crashes and burns.
    Except it isn't cost effective to make PVE MMOs hence why few major developers are making them.

Even studios like Funcom and Bethesda are releasing PVP centric games for better return on investment.

Even behemoths like Blizzard walked away from the PVE game market.

And that has given us the endless cycle of MMO jumping from failed game to failed game.
  • DXSinsDXSins Member UncommonPosts: 320
    DMKano said:

The fact that Neowiz took a finished game, removed features and broke it - and then put a "early access" label on a 5 year old game....

really?
    Because it been proven time and time again that putting the "early access" label on it bring a whole new level of defenders, trust, willingness to forgive and i think the biggest is HOPE in the western market.

They see this very clear and play on it to their advantage... best example being, being able to put a box price on their games they release F2P in every other region. Cant really blame them for taking advantage tho... western gamers reap what they sow. Plenty of people see through it, but plenty don't.
    Scot
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,019
    Kyleran said:
    Xiaoki said:
    Kyleran said:
    DMKano said:
    One day people will learn that PVP games are destined to fail

Fortnite and LoL want a word with you
    Right, it's not that PVP games are destined to fail, it's when we mix PVP and PVE is when it's destined to fail. They don't mix well.
    Exactly, MMO's need to be PVE games.  If you try to build them straight up with mass PVP at the end they fail.  Watch how badly Crowfall crashes and burns.
    Except it isn't cost effective to make PVE MMOs hence why few major developers are making them.

Even studios like Funcom and Bethesda are releasing PVP centric games for better return on investment.

Even behemoths like Blizzard walked away from the PVE game market.

Blizzard didnt walk away from the PvE game market. What the hell gave you that idea?

Blizzard walked away from future MMO development ....and thats it. Not PvE games in general.

How much PvE content is in Battle for Azeroth? Well, as someone who has played BfA(and WoW in the past 12 years, unlike you) I can say it has a lot of PvE content. It even has PvE Battlegrounds. That should say a lot.

On topic - it looks like a lot of people are turning their backs on Bless. Looking at Steam Charts, its getting pretty dire.
    Last PVE game they launched was Diablo 3 in 2012.

Since then 3 PVP centric titles, Hearthstone, HoS, and they scrapped Titan for Overwatch.

Outside of revamping some older titles including WOW they are out of the PVE market.

As for the topic, the results were very predictable,  and as others have said these sorts of walking away streams are what my Mom used to call "crocodile tears."
    When they have WoW, it's just wrong to say "Blizzard walked away from PvE". If Blizzard came out and said there will be no more WoW expansions, then okay he'd have something.

Not to mention they already announced Diablo 4 being in the works which is another PvE game so clearly they didn't walk away from anything.

And just as a company, it doesn't make sense for Blizzard to make another mmorpg when they have WoW. They'd just be shooting themselves in the foot. I don't see that as them walking away from PvE, especially not when expansions are always on the horizon and a new Diablo game is being made.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Rhoms said:
    YashaX said:
    DMKano said:
    YashaX said:

According to the bless website, part of the responsibility of an emissary is to provide feedback, share bug info, and elevate important issues to the team.  It's pretty clear that this emissary was extremely frustrated with how this process has been handled, on top of how the *no-wipe* EA release has been handled.  

I didn't see shill as part of the emissary description, nor do I think that this and other emissaries have it out for Neowiz.  It is pretty clear that many emissaries (and players) are extremely upset and disappointed.
    Who gives a fuck if they are frustrated/disappointed? Where does it say they should go on massive negative rants as part of their PR?

Many of the things that dimwit was talking about are issues that I have seen even in established mmos, or weren't even verified. Fuck, ESO had massive server rollbacks in pvp even a year in, and I still get disconnects and all sorts of bugs.

If it was just some ordinary gamer I wouldn't care, but this is someone who was meant to promote the game in a positive light and has decided instead to join the hate train and profit from the scandal, in short a fucking bastard. 
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 13,312
    YashaX said:

If it was just some ordinary gamer I wouldn't care, but this is someone who was meant to promote the game in a positive light and has decided instead to join the hate train and profit from the scandal, in short a fucking bastard. 
    Why do you think they became emissaries in the first place if not to profit from the pre-release hype? They supported and praised it to profit when that seemed like the right self-serving thing to do and now they're dumping on it for the same reason.

These are just streamers that don't give a shit about anything other than how popular their stream is.
    YashaXMrMelGibson
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,981
    I'm surprised by the amount of threads about this game. Seems there is 3 or 4 more a day popping up lol  
    MrMelGibson

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 2,817
    This game reminds me of the phrase:

"Crack is whack"

"Bless is whack"

Disclaimer: I have nothing of benefit to contribute to this conversation other than I thought it was rather obvious that Bless was gonna suck from all the red flags that were out there. But to those who have gotten their money worth, good for you, for those who regret their money. That's on you bro. 
    YashaX
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited June 2018
    Again,

People are addressing the game and everything that is absolutely wrong with it.

The "responses" have nothing to do with that. They're attempts to discredit or offer some spun up reactionary counterpoint.

How about this? New rule before passing a remark about what anybody says or how horrible they are for having the audacity to tell the truth about a game;

What server do YOU play on, what class(es) do you play, and what level?

Murabi/Guardian/45

Emissaries are influencers who had brands before Bless was launched stateside. Their brands supersedes Bless Online and if Bless rebuild is the slapped together husk that the people who play and know it is, an influencer is going to protect their brand and credibility. They're supposed to if they have any integrity and want to be trusted by their audience.

How does that make any of them an asswipe? What type of integrity does one have to blatantly lie to THEIR audience because of corporate influence and tribal ideolo... oh I get it. Never mind. America.

YashaX
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,013
    YashaX said:
    DMKano said:
    YashaX said:

early access you could toss that around if teh game was not out in other zone, and most problems is not server optimization,

btw the repesentatives was "working" for free, you can't complain for people you are not paying to work, plus last I know you are not forced to keep playing a thing you don't like or can't even log
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    I'm surprised by the amount of threads about this game. Seems there is 3 or 4 more a day popping up lol  
    Well there really isn't any new MMOs coming out for a long time so....
    Kyleran
    edited June 2018
    And more are gone

Docgotgame is also done

https://clips.twitch.tv/SolidPopularReindeerAllenHuhu

This one caught me by surprise - Carth - the prime emissary and the biggest supporter of Bless, also the #1 Bless streamer - even he killed his stream yesterday.

Soon to just be yet another footnote in MMORPG history, though it will get one more final splash when it officially "releases" later this year.

FO76 is the title many streamers will be dog piling on to cover in a few months.

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 27,680
    DMKano said:
    And more are gone

Docgotgame is also done

This one caught me by surprise - Carth - the prime emissary and the biggest supporter of Bless, also the #1 Bless streamer - even he killed his stream yesterday.

This makes me wonder how serious they were in the first place.

It's one thing to not know what you are getting into but it seems like this is all just drama to gather views.
    KyleranMrMelGibsonYashaX

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,019
    Sovrath said:
    DMKano said:
    And more are gone

Docgotgame is also done

It's one thing to not know what you are getting into but it seems like this is all just drama to gather views.
    I don't get this viewpoint personally. If the emissary system worked like it was supposed to work, and if Bless didn't turn out to be a steaming pile of crap, the emissaries would have made way more money, clicks, and views than they would just shitting on the game for drama reasons.

They would have been a direct link to the developers and could get answers to any issues that the community had which would naturally drive traffic to them. They would have been knowledgeable about aspects of the game that were on the horizon and were in the perfect position to build hype for the game, again driving traffic to their streams and youtube channel.

So when people say they're just doing it for drama views or jumping on the bandwagon for the clicks...it just kinda makes me laugh. That goes tripley so for these last few emissaries that stuck with Bless as long as possible. The fewer streamers/content creators there are supporting a game, the more likely your own content and streams for the game is to be seen. Which just means more money for you, a lot more than going off on a rant "because drama views".
    YashaX

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Sephiroso said:
    Sovrath said:
    DMKano said:
    And more are gone

Docgotgame is also done

I don't get this viewpoint personally. If the emissary system worked like it was supposed to work, and if Bless didn't turn out to be a steaming pile of crap, the emissaries would have made way more money, clicks, and views than they would just shitting on the game for drama reasons.

They would have been a direct link to the developers and could get answers to any issues that the community had which would naturally drive traffic to them. They would have been knowledgeable about aspects of the game that were on the horizon and were in the perfect position to build hype for the game, again driving traffic to their streams and youtube channel.

So when people say they're just doing it for drama views or jumping on the bandwagon for the clicks...it just kinda makes me laugh. That goes tripley so for these last few emissaries that stuck with Bless as long as possible. The fewer streamers/content creators there are supporting a game, the more likely your own content and streams for the game is to be seen. Which just means more money for you, a lot more than going off on a rant "because drama views".
    Yeah, but maybe when the wheels look like they are about to fall off these streamers decide its best to cut and run with as much noise as possible to draw them into the steamer's next project.00
    d_20YashaX