Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another Bless Emissary turns his back on the game

Comments

• AnnaTSAnnaTS Member UncommonPosts: 600
    edited June 2018
    Another emissary on the verge of giving up on Bless, It's in 2 parts so i will post them separately.

DMKanoKumaponBrunlinGobstopper3D
    Part 2. 

DMKanoKumaponBrunlinGobstopper3D
  • LimnicLimnic Member RarePosts: 1,116

I played along, are you willing to explain your motivations?
    My motivation was based on the empathy dynamic
    Could have just said "no".
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Limnic said:

Pretty much.

It just makes the case though.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,978
    Limnic said:

Pretty much.

How so? I answered it. 

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Limnic said:

Pretty much.

How so? I answered it. 
    "So, how?" I answered.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,965
    AnnaTS said:
    Part 2. 

Great video - I hope he doesn't lose his emissary status as he is pretty dead on about actual reality of Bless currently - it wasn't bashing it wasn't negativity it's just how messed up things really are.

AnnaTSAlbatroeskitaradBrunlinYashaX
  • blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,978
    Limnic said:

Pretty much.

How so? I answered it. 
    "So, how?" I answered.
    Not sure of your meaning?

You asked for my motivation. I answered you that it was based on the empathy dynamic. Versus the value-based dynamic. As in are those value frames absolute? Or are they idiosyncratic and relative?

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

edited June 2018
    Limnic said:

Pretty much.

How so? I answered it. 
    "So, how?" I answered.
    Not sure of your meaning?

You asked for my motivation. I answered you that it was based on the empathy dynamic. Versus the value-based dynamic. As in are those value frames absolute? Or are they idiosyncratic and relative?
    My Response

blueturtle13ceratop001

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,965
    edited June 2018
    Acebets70 said:
    Wasnt DMKano the one saying AA wasnt P2W?  

Have you ever said anything in the past that you disagree with today?

Lets all go back and dig through posts from 4 years ago and use that to show how people are wrong - because you know, that's gonna be so much fun......

Because none of us were ever wrong and none of us ever change our minds about anything, right?

Siugysquare21kitaradMrMelGibson
  • shawnpatshawnpat Member UncommonPosts: 72
    All I hear him say is "there are rumors"and "there is talk about"... so you believe everything you hear ?  pics or it didn't happen, I bet this guy voted for Hillary
    ceratop001
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 3,052
    Kyleran said:
    Honestly? This whole 'smash the game' is getting old. Let it go, find a new game. 
    Kano is a bit of an interesting person,  unlike many others he actively plays most of the games he slags on. 
    If that's the dynamic at play he must be playing Bless a LOT.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    SBFord
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...
  • KumaponKumapon Member RarePosts: 1,288
    Just so you know, I wouldn't get into a fight with Kano. His adversaries have a habit of disappearing from these forums. 
    shawnpat said:
    All I hear him say is "there are rumors"and "there is talk about"... so you believe everything you hear ?  pics or it didn't happen, I bet this guy voted for Hillary
    I bet this guy thinks Dennis Rodman is A Real American Hero.
    TillerMrMelGibson

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    shawnpat said:
    I bet this guy thinks Dennis Rodman is A Real American Hero.
    The descent into farce is real, though Dennis Rodman, some real cringe there, i guess the next name to invoke is Anita Sarkeesian or Zoe Quinn at least then maybe the floor of absurdity will have not only been reached but thoroughly breached. ;)
  • ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825
    This is what I love about Western Gamers. 

In the East, its a way of life to buy a game, play it... pay your money into it...and avoid talking bad about the game (unless there are many who are saying the same thing). These developers spend their time throwing public relations and marketing at players to hide their game problems. Defenders of Asian games will always say that Westerners can't appreciate the culture that Easterners have and its why they can't enjoy eastern games.

Which is Bullshit, because since the 80s we have received tons of consoles and games from Asian Developers that are singleplayer and later on MMORPGS we loved and enjoyed (and even cosplayed at conventions). The whole culture excuse gets thrown out the window....

What I love about western gamers is that they have learned the HARD WAY about the schemes made by Eastern Developers to bring broken games that are sometimes just Cash-Grab Localizations with the intention of selling it to the masses with the same corporate and cultural dominance applied to their own culture in marketing such a title to ours. 

Westerners have learned..
    Bring localized garbage into the west and have your worse fear realized....

.....People from many nations, walks of life, and culture...all banding together against said Eastern product in their many ways, cultural norms and attitude in grassroots fashion. All those millions spent on marketing a poorly localized game just so that alliances of people who prefer to be bound by the culture of what it means to be a gamer and the appreciation of having a game released in the west can unite against it! 

For what is worth..
    If we took a second to think about 
    "What makes a good MMO" 

We would want good class structure. 
    A decent character creator (to look nice and not like garbage) 
    Good Story Structure (and PvP if we like PvP)
    An Endgame we can enjoy....

and finally, 
    an experience that isn't so filled with bugs that it feels like its still in Alpha Testing.
    Along of course with a world that doesn't feel empty....

Gobstopper3D
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 12,430
    DMKano said:
    Scot said:
    Oh god, not somebody else who has to tell us something in a video...yawn.

Not just anybody - this was one of Neowiz picked emissaries

But is he telling us anything we do not already know, anything that we did not warn people about on these forums? You and I am sure nearly all of us here realise how little weight should be given to such "emissaries" and that you don't base you opinion of games on what fans are saying.

What has happened may be a great personnel tragedy and he may need PTSD treatment or something, maybe he can find a daytime TV sofa to sit on and emote, but we don't need a video.
    SBFordMrMelGibson

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

• OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Member EpicPosts: 1,957
    Can i have his stuff? I don't play the game, but I'd happily sell his junk to another sucker.
    Scot

MMORPG.COM took away my swinging cheerleader butt .gif.

• SalmonManSalmonMan Member UncommonPosts: 161
    edited June 2018
    Been playing this game since launch with about a dozen mates, and I’ve got my $30 worth. I’ve got, what 30-40 hours of fun out of it (still no characters to max yet) and I’ve paid more for shitier games that gave me less fun game time (looking at you no mans sky).

Christ, I took the family to the movies to see the latest Star Wars movie, Solo. It cost almost $150 for 3 hours of my life I cant get back.

Spoiler alert: its an average movie, cashing in on the star wars name.
    spoiler aler 2: han solo lives. lol.
    SBFordysquare21MrMelGibson
    SalmonMan said:
    Been playing this game since launch with about a dozen mates, and I’ve got my $30 worth. I’ve got, what 30-40 hours of fun out of it (still no characters to max yet) and I’ve paid more for shitier games that gave me less fun game time (looking at you no mans sky).

Christ, I took the family to the movies to see the latest Star Wars movie, Solo. It cost almost $150 for 3 hours of my life I cant get back.

So you obviously think the standard for delivering a game should be a badly optimized, buggy game with content missing and charge for it, You do know some people only earn minimum wage and while $30 might not be much too you, It is for others. 
    MrMelGibson
  • mmoloummolou Member UncommonPosts: 213
    All games have faults, some more than others. All that really matters, is if the game is fun.
    If it is fun for you, carry on playing, if it is not fun for you, stop, move on.
    All this other crap is irrelevant.

TheScavenger
    It is a funny world we live in.
    We had Empires run by Emperors, we had Kingdoms run by Kings, now we have Countries...
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 16,788
    edited June 2018
    mmolou said:
    All games have faults, some more than others. All that really matters, is if the game is fun.
    If it is fun for you, carry on playing, if it is not fun for you, stop, move on.
    All this other crap is irrelevant.

Accurate statement,however forums are for discussion and if you are going to discuss a game i feel the truths should come out be it good or bad.
    The real of it all is you can bet for sure the developer and it's partners will surely let you know of all the good but purposely omit ANY and all bad.So that is "perhaps" why forums have a lot more of the bad because it doesn't sit well when a developer tries to hide or omit important information or even mislead or lie,example about "non p2w".

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,483
    SalmonMan said:

A poor entertainment value on one hand does nothing to excuse the poor entertainment value on another.

For that $30, you could get Dying Light right now, the Witcher 3, Vermintide 2, Destiny 2 + cash leftover for some DLC, the list goes on and on.

There were, quite honestly, objectively better video games you could've purchased rather than Bless.

• kitaradkitarad Member EpicPosts: 5,334
    Watched those two videos this game is a runaway wreck.

http://steamcharts.com/app/681660#1m

Game losing population alarmingly fast. Cannot hide from steam charts the decline.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 34,907
    edited June 2018
    Xiaoki said:
    Kyleran said:
    DMKano said:
    One day people will learn that PVP games are destined to fail

Fortnite and LoL want a word with you
    Right, it's not that PVP games are destined to fail, it's when we mix PVP and PVE is when it's destined to fail. They don't mix well.
    Exactly, MMO's need to be PVE games.  If you try to build them straight up with mass PVP at the end they fail.  Watch how badly Crowfall crashes and burns.
    Except it isn't cost effective to make PVE MMOs hence why few major developers are making them.

Even studios like Funcom and Bethesda are releasing PVP centric games for better return on investment.

Even behemoths like Blizzard walked away from the PVE game market.

Blizzard didnt walk away from the PvE game market. What the hell gave you that idea?

Blizzard walked away from future MMO development ....and thats it. Not PvE games in general.

How much PvE content is in Battle for Azeroth? Well, as someone who has played BfA(and WoW in the past 12 years, unlike you) I can say it has a lot of PvE content. It even has PvE Battlegrounds. That should say a lot.

On topic - it looks like a lot of people are turning their backs on Bless. Looking at Steam Charts, its getting pretty dire.
    Last PVE game they launched was Diablo 3 in 2012.

Since then 3 PVP centric titles, Hearthstone, HoS, and they scrapped Titan for Overwatch.

Outside of revamping some older titles including WOW they are out of the PVE market.

As for the topic, the results were very predictable,  and as others have said these sorts of walking away streams are what my Mom used to call "crocodile tears."
    BillMurphyMrMelGibson

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon